• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the Dumbest Thing You've SEEN Today?

cupper said:
I must be sterile.

I think he is saying that your hand gets pregnant when you arrive in Hell; if you masturbate while here and now. 

Are there not a series of YouTube videos on this madman?

George Wallace said:
I think he is saying that your hand gets pregnant when you arrive in Hell; if you masturbate while here and now. 

Hell is overrun by grasping little hands?  :eek:

Good/Bad......depending on your POV....... ;D

Booking travel using Shared Travel Services today.  Apparently, for Ottawa to Toronto (all airports), this is considered a viable routing that should be shown to travellers (or their arrangers):  Ottawa to Vancouver.  Four hour layover.  Vancouver to Toronto.  Two hour layover.  Toronto to Hamilton.

dapaterson said:
Booking travel using Shared Travel Services today.  Apparently, for Ottawa to Toronto (all airports), this is considered a viable routing that should be shown to travellers (or their arrangers):  Ottawa to Vancouver.  Four hour layover.  Vancouver to Toronto.  Two hour layover.  Toronto to Hamilton.

Is this the day job of Senators?

dapaterson said:
Welcome to Thunder Bay, where almost ALL the cheapest flights to Winnipeg and points west fly via Toronto courtesy of STS.

People that continue to be conjoined to their smartphone / tablet, and oblivious to the person walking towards them / sitting across from them.

milnews.ca said:
Welcome to Thunder Bay, where almost ALL the cheapest flights to Winnipeg and points west fly via Toronto courtesy of STS.

I swear STS is a form of STD, mind you they are better than the old Ryder travel days, I swear there was another Adscam lurking in that contract.

While walking around the 9/11 Memorial yesterday, I actually ran into a 9/11 Truther handing out pamphlets. He asked me if I had heard the story about the controlled demolition of the twin towers. :facepalm:

It was in stark and ironic contrast to what I had witnessed a few minutes earlier.

A group of Marine recruits were assembled for a presentation ceremony in front of one of the memorial pools. Afterwards, the Snr NCO in charge gave an inspirational talk to the troops about how he and the CO (a Marine Major) both had done tours in Afghanistan and took the fight to the people who were responsible for the destruction of the Twin Towers.  :salute:

I had 2 people drive their vehicles into the building that I work in today on two different occasions.  RIP building :salute:

SGT-RMSCLK said:
That naked tourists on a mountain can cause an earthquake................

I can see how that could happen. Some people really should not be naked in public.  ;D

Every time I take my clothes off and stand in front of the window, a baby seal dies somewhere...either that or global warming gets worse.

NBC Sports chairman asked NHL to ban playoff beards

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nbc-sports-chairman-asked-nhl-to-ban-playoff-beards-190308592.html

CHICAGO – The playoff beard. One of the Stanley Cup Playoffs’ greatest traditions, as players go from baby-faced athletes to burly mountain men the deeper their teams advance in the postseason.

(Or, in some cases, go from baby-faced athletes to … baby-faced athletes with terrible patchy beards.)

The players love them. The fans love them. But someone has to be the Scrooge of Scruff, and that man is Mark Lazarus, the chairman of NBC Sports.

According to Ed Sherman of the Chicago Tribune, Lazarus actually lobbied the NHL to end the tradition of playoff beards because, in his opinion, they hinder the development of new stars in the League during the playoffs.

It’s not the logo on the front. It’s not the name on the back. It’s the whiskers around their collar.

From the Tribune:

“The players won't like this, but I wish they all would stop growing beards in the postseason,” Lazarus said. “Let's get their faces out there. Let's talk about how young and attractive they are. What model citizens they are. (Hockey players) truly are one of a kind among professional athletes.

“I know it's a tradition and superstition, but I think (the beards do) hurt recognition. They have a great opportunity with more endorsements. Or simply more recognition with fans saying, 'That guy looks like the kid next door,' which many of these guys do. I think that would be a nice thing."

Look, we respect the hell out of Lazarus. He knows sports television, he knows how to sell it. (See: Olympics.)

But the idea that sports fans are like children who see their fathers shave off facial hair and are like “where did daddy go?!” is sorta … preposterous?

NHL stars are sold on two things: Skills and story. A beard doesn’t change what they do on the ice. A beard doesn’t change who they are intrinsically, if NBC would spend the time to churn out the same level of vignettes for the Stanley Cup Final that it does, say, for the Olympics.

And the idea that some of these players are less attractive with beards?

Well, it wouldn’t be the first time the sports media has shown a tone deafness for the women (and some men) in its audience. Our own Chuck and Pants must be going apoplectic right now.

Luckily for all involved, the NHL and the NHLPA have ignored his requests.

“I’m just a TV guy,” Lazarus said. “They don’t want to listen to me.”

Back