• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you are past your expiriy date...

The Black Angus in San Juan, Puerto Rico!

See!?! I do remember something from Staff College. Take that BGen whatever-your-name-was.

Boy... when I can relate to most of the last 13 pages, and most of that brings back actual memories, like driving by Tiffany's twice a day, to and from the Airfield (and I never left my jacket there, let alone my Coates), the security briefings on arriving in Lahr, complete with photos of communist agents, whom you'd end up seeing protesting at the airfield gates on schedule, or the little old lady with the sausage stand ready and waiting when the troop & track train pulled into the station near Hohenfels at o'dark-thirty in the morning.... and raiding the PX so badly that when the battalion paraded the next day, only the newbies to Germany weren't in US rubberized rain gear, which was worn from the CO & RSM on down.  I'm gettin' old.........

Aw yes, Tiffany's.  Interesting place...... so I heard.

Then there was the Hug 'n' Slug in Barrie, but my favourite was always Mrs Edgars Muddy Water Tavern and Home for Wayward Girls!

Pusser said:
Then there was the Hug 'n' Slug in Barrie, but my favourite was always Mrs Edgars Muddy Water Tavern and Home for Wayward Girls!

Home for Wayward Women.

Awesome wings.  ;D

Riverview Arms

Cosmopolitan

Canoe Factory

Hilltop Pub

==========================

Oakroom

Pioneer Club/Camelot

==========================

Blue Mountain/Greenwich Legion # 87  (Browns Corner)

Petamocto said:
Hey, the truth hurts.

If you have a moustache right now, this is how silly you look to anyone born in the 1970s or later:

Just let it go, man, let it go.

Hmmm.

Perhaps I will rely on the posting gods here....

Or perhaps, hope against hope, you are a rugby player...

Perhaps I will reflect on the basic emo-ness of "youtts today" (chanelling Officer Krupsky...)

Or perhaps I may even show some dignity and not respond...

No, on the whole, I believe I will bide my time instead. 

:clubinhand:

mikeninercharlie said:
Arriving in an "operational theatre" in a Boeing 707 while wearing number 3s ( jacket and tie),
Leaving my Russian fur hat in the AMU in Ottawa, while my great coat was last seen in the AMU in Lahr
Travelling 100 miles across the desert to Ismaiia on a nasty bus that make the airfield buses in KAF look like luxury coaches.
Reporting to Latif's Victory Shop to have your Indian Bush Dress tailored (badges, shirt sleeves shortened, zipper and creases sewn into the trouser)
Getting being measured up for hand made desert boots that were delivered in 48 hours!
Lining up for Piastre Pay
Watching American Graffiti in the open air movie theatre with the Polish Log Bn soldiers - a whole lot better that their choice  - The Great Patriotic War!
Hitching a ride on the honey wagon pulled by a donkey named Zubrick.  ;D
  What year was that? Sounds like 78. I was there March 1 to Aug 31 78.

Quote from: PPCLI Guy on Yesterday at 21:09:58

No, on the whole, I believe I will bide my time instead.

:clubinhand:

ArmyVern said:
No doubt while growing said moustache.  ;D

Ahhhh...crap....will you quit throwing around those lightening bolts.....do you realize the mess you create when you splatter negligent officers all over marble floors, etc........just a friggin' mess..!!!  ;D

The snake pit in the Maritime club at happy hour
C  Force!
C  Force!
C  Force!
22? F*** you!
403? Blow me!
And the rest can get bent too!

The Tav in Lhar, best burgers in NATO by AL

Having the first Leopard with a cracked hull in 87 in Gagetown...........then seeing it in Afghanistan in 07 (with the weld down the side at the rear still)

Getting a new Leo I out of War stock in 87 with only 10 km on it.

When all the stuff you would put on your face has been deemed so carcinogenic that most 3 world countries won't even use it.
When "gucci kit" was a US jacket liner and the then mythical IPE bag
You remember the Urban legend about the Brit who tried to run across the buffalo paddock in Wx
You can fit more stuff in your buttpack than most can fit in a ruck
You now require a driver because your only qualified to drive "monuments"
You remember screaming "Budget Cut!" on exercise

ArmyVern said:
No doubt while growing said moustache.  ;D

To cause the offence it has, obviously the thing is already grown.  I think you mean twirling the super long corners of the moustache while making his master plan.

Back