• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you are past your expiriy date...

George Wallace said:
- You were the guy who ran off all the unit Routine Orders on the Gestetner Machine.

Then sat around sniffing the RO's for an hour until they dried off...

MM

You are really freaking old if you can remember when . . .

the artillery considered ear protection and sun glasses signs of weakness.

the open field to the north of the H Lines in Gagetown was used as a landing strip by the AOP Troop.

parade squares were not expedient parking lots.

one year the plastic water bottle was the major piece of equipment issued to the regular army.

George Wallace said:
- There was a beer machine in the Mess Hall.
Wasn't so long ago you could have one in the mess for when the bar was closed  :whistle:

I remember using boot blackner to dress up our vehicle tires before a parade, and being able to run our  own body shop as part of post-ex vehicle maintenance.  Just for minor bumps and bruises you understand.

Rum ration without having to submit a private member's bill through Parliament...

MM

A couple of more come to mind:

- siliconing, not shining, your combat boots
- rolling up the metal-tabbed ends of the webbing cross straps in the buckle so the strap didn't hang loose while hearing you'd eventually get 64-pattern webbing

Gen. Allard speaks to the airmen and airwomen at RCAF Station 4 Wing wearing the new green uniform and a Sam Browne belt.  :nod:

When the merit list was confidential and you could actually be surprised by a promotion.

When you needed at least an 8.2 to be in the running for the a/m promotion.

When the most eagerly awaited document in the Unit was the "yellow pages" during the APS so you could see who was posted and/or promoted.

When you got your field pay in cash to hide it from your wife and when you left the pay table, you took two paces to the right in order to hand all of that field pay, plus some, over in order to settle the chit you had accumulated in the mess.

For MPs, you know what the "3 Fs" are and have done them yourself.

Doing research on microfiche.

Old Sweat said:
You are really freaking old if you can remember when . . .

the artillery considered ear protection and sun glasses signs of weakness.

You know you're a dinosaur when these were the sunglasses that us suppies had to keep under lock and key from all those newbies stressing out about needing the LCF in downtown Pet at Itchys & Scratchys on a weekend ...

garb811 said:
When you got your field pay in cash to hide it from your wife and when you left the pay table, you took two paces to the right in order to hand all of that field pay, plus some, over in order to settle the chit you had accumulated in the mess.
:rofl:

Oh, that takes me back!

milnews.ca said:
Curious - did you stock the moustaches, too?

Only for the pilots.

BUT, we were willing to sell those moustaches to all the troops who were heading to Itchys and Scratchys (Sassys) over the weekend with their great

"Hi, my name is Tom and I am a pilot; Wanna f---? How do you like me so far?"

lines ...

- You know what "Sassy's" and "Pizza Roma" was, and where they were
- You can't figure out how to take the liner out of the current issue helmet so you can use it as a wash basin

Technoviking said:

Here's one just for you ...  ;)

You remember and have actually met shack-rat Ellen in The 2 RCR lines.

OR ...

... when mortars were where they actually belonged.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Here's one just for you ...  ;)

You remember and have actually met shack-rat Ellen in The 2 RCR lines.
:-X
ArmyVern said:
OR ...

... when mortars were where they actually belonged.  >:D
-Memos were filled out on a form (press hard, three copies)
-Your company clerk used a typewriter

Back