• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

You guys are too picky.  ::)

Beer - Sure!,  I'll have a beer! Beer is my favourite kind.

:blotto:

God Bless Carlsberg, Glenmorangie,   ;)  Speaking of which...  Off to the pub!

T

I just tried Lagavulin's Distillers Edition and it is quite incredible and highly recommended for single malt fans, particularly if you like Lagavulin and other Islays.

For a cigar to go with that scotch (single malt of course - is there any other kind?), I have enjoyed Hoyo De Monterrey (Robusto) or Romeo Y Julieta (No. 3's - Churchills are just too much commitment for me).

For beer, I drink OK Spring or Granville Island domestically, and pretty much any Belgian or Dutch beer when I'm feeling rich. I particularly like Chimay (a Belgian trappist beer) and Kasteel (a wickedly strong but tasty Belgian beer).

Blue or Sleeman Cream Ale in the Mess

But Elsewere in Descending order

Guiness Draught from the tap, the canned stuff is not the same even if it does have the nitrogen widget. (guiness stout is a horrid creation, guiness extra stout is even worse)
Sleeman Honey
Rickards Honey

Hard liqour
Crown Royal Limited (mmm)
Stolichnaya Vodka (chilled, when will people learn to chill their bloody vodka)

Local Ale - Keiths
Canadian Ale - Sleemans Honey Brown
Caribbean - Presidente
South America - Sol

When in doubt, a cold beer is my favorite brand!!

I just returned from an extended vacation out around Banff and I must admit that I have been thoroughly converted to a 'value' beer fan... out West you can buy a flat of 'BrewHouse Pilsner' for 23.97 and the stuff tastes pretty good. Unfortunately I have never seen it in Toronto but it is worth the price if you ever come across it...

Since being from the maritimes and now living in BC my poison of choice would be Keith's.The only thing i don't like is the price at the clubs anywhere around the 6 dollar mark.

Hmmm, I would have to say Keith's or Sleemans Honey Brown or Cream Ale for any kind of backyard BBQ, those you can sit down and really enjoy IMO.  For anyone in the Vancouver area, you should try Granville Island Brewery, no particular kind, they're all quite good. 
  Oh, and occasionally, a little Stella Artois with my dad is always good!

It is amazing that over the past 10 years, there are a lot of new breweries out there.

Way back when, there were only Labbats and Molson products available. Now with micro-breweries, anyone can get into the game.

Navalsnpr,

I spent weeks in shock after moving to Alberta and having to pay at least 5 bucks for a Keith's (They call it an import!) Also, you can't get Keith's Light out here, shame!

At the Liquor Store here a dozen Keith's runs 25 dollars :-X I have paid less at bootleggers back home!

If you are in Alberta now you should be trying Big Rock products. I can't remember all the different types but I do remember liking Warthog a great deal.

I grew up in Hallifax on Keith's and can remember when you couldn't get it as far west as Gagetown  :eek:  Had to have my dad ship me some on course .

I don't drink nearly as much now living in the US as I did when I was in Canada. Something about not putting on the green play clothes and going to the mess  ;)

I enjoy some of the high end Michelob products down here, especially the christmas special pack they put together down here.

For the longest time you could only buy keiths in NS. I ended up shipping some to friends a while back who were in Ontario. Around 4-5 years ago, the expanded and now it is available cross Canada. I suprised at the steep cost in BC. The last time I had it in Ontario, it was around $3.75 at a bar for a bottle.

How are BC's tax law concerning inportation of spirts?? maybe that is where the problem lies!

Taxed to death.

There are three private liquor stores in town here and the Gov't establishment. At the Gov't store you get warm beer at a bit lower price (Something makes me think 10%) And we Keith's lovers get it in the hoop because they consider it an import here.

I fondly recall drink specials in Halifax and Truro where a guy could have a real good night on 50 bucks, here you're looking at a couple hundred for a night out hence why I do not partake in those nights out that often unless I can write them off. They call 50 cents off a bottle of beer a special here!!

I would imagine that there are many people in BC doing the Home Brew kits to save a bit of money.

Might be an idea.... now if only we could convince Oland Breweries to come out with a "Keiths Home Brew Kit" we would be laughing!!

Back