• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Majority of Canadians not interested in joining the CAF

Today at Fleet weekend, the RCN did a damm fine job, although I think they were overwhelmed with the response. At 2:00pm the line to get onto HMCS Vancouver was this long
Was anyone complaining about that?

How would that unit work with promotions and available positions? You'd need a promotion freeze in those units. Many postings are a result of members being promoted out of their unit/base because there isn't a position for them. That unit would need some sort of financial incentive, unless the members working there are okay with salary raises every 4-5 years based on inflation.
I'd say if the promotion is within the unit, then promote. If there is a promotion available outside the contract area then make an offer for the individual to take the promotion and move or alternatively stay where he/she is at and decline the promotion.

If I understand the RCMP individuals who are eligible for promotion bid for promotions in areas they desire. Not exactly the same but shows different ways of handling promotions than we do now.

🍻

RPAS will have its operators all in the NCR.
Exactly. There are already tens of thousands of members in urban areas (see for example 1 CMBG which is chiefly in Edmonton). The concept here is to make service even more attractive for people who do not want to leave large S Ontario and Quebec urban areas like Toronto and Montreal.

🍻

Exactly. There are already tens of thousands of members in urban areas (see for example 1 CMBG which is chiefly in Edmonton). The concept here is to make service even more attractive for people who do not want to leave large S Ontario and Quebec urban areas like Toronto and Montreal.

🍻
I'm sure if CFB uplands was rebuilt, you would see a happier air force world, or other locations. Realistically though the CAF needs to increase quality of life on and around bases.

More entertainment, family friendly, better offsets for the cost of living, if the CAF wants people to stay, it is the CAF that needs to make people want to stay.

RPAS will have its operators all in the NCR.
If they don’t first sort out PLD/compensation/housing in the NCR, there is a real chance that they won’t be building a capability, they’ll be building a release factory, particularly for all the JNCOs they will need. But to be fair, at the pace that RPAS is progressing, that may be a problem for the next century.

What about using that contract to build a light battlegroup at Borden/Meaford?
Move down elements of 4th division support group as well.
Build upon the bolded concept, augmented by the pre-existing pool of 31 & 32 CBG.
Be careful what you wish for. Average house prices:

Barrie: $942.8K
Angus: $912.3K
Alliston: $1Mn

Was anyone complaining about that?
I didn't hear any complaints, most people were as shocked by the turnout as were the navy people. A lot of Asians were there. We were the only Cadet corp that showed up in uniform, don't know why the Sea Cadets weren't involved or at least there. going to arrange next year to have a recruiting booth as well. A few pic of pics

Attachments

• IMG-20220430-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20220430-WA0019.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20220430-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20220430-WA0027.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20220430-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20220430-WA0043.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 26
I didn't hear any complaints, most people were as shocked by the turnout as were the navy people. A lot of Asians were there. We were the only Cadet corp that showed up in uniform, don't know why the Sea Cadets weren't involved or at least there. going to arrange next year to have a recruiting booth as well. A few pic of pics

That's awesome! Might be worth while to looking at having the East Coast do that say in Toronto or Montreal or Quebec city.

Granted schedules are pretty packed right now.

If they don’t first sort out PLD/compensation/housing in the NCR, there is a real chance that they won’t be building a capability, they’ll be building a release factory, particularly for all the JNCOs they will need. But to be fair, at the pace that RPAS is progressing, that may be a problem for the next century.
Uplands has a few PMQs left. It is a big base so not hard to build more. They can replace the Single Quarters that they tore down easily. Why cant they just rebuild housing and keep PSP out of the loop so prices can stay cheap. Presto, people ok with staying in a big city without the headaches. DND has the money!

Uplands has a few PMQs left. It is a big base so not hard to build more. They can replace the Single Quarters that they tore down easily. Why cant they just rebuild housing and keep PSP out of the loop so prices can stay cheap. Presto, people ok with staying in a big city without the headaches. DND has the money!
From what I understand PSP has little control over the rent. It is due to Treasury Board rules.

In keeping with Treasury Board policies, the Agency must set rents for PMQs that are comparable to those in the housing market around the base, as determined by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CHMC). CMHC appraises the rental value of PMQs as if they were houses outside the base leased by private landlords, but since they are in such poor condition, their assessed value and thus the rents charged can be slightly less than for similar homes in better condition on the private market. Committee Report No. 3 - NDVA (36-1) - House of Commons of Canada

From what I understand PSP has little control over the rent. It is due to Treasury Board rules.

In keeping with Treasury Board policies, the Agency must set rents for PMQs that are comparable to those in the housing market around the base, as determined by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CHMC). CMHC appraises the rental value of PMQs as if they were houses outside the base leased by private landlords, but since they are in such poor condition, their assessed value and thus the rents charged can be slightly less than for similar homes in better condition on the private market. Committee Report No. 3 - NDVA (36-1) - House of Commons of Canada
So we should tell the Treasury Board to F off or we will bleed people off until there are no one left in the military. Or pay everyone a politicians salary then it will be fine. Why is it that there are always impediments in the way of getting ahead? Its like the elites dont give a flying f*ck about the rest....

So we should tell the Treasury Board to F off or we will bleed people off until there are no one left in the military. Or pay everyone a politicians salary then it will be fine. Why is it that there are always impediments in the way of getting ahead? Its like the elites dont give a flying f*ck about the rest....
Good luck- if you figure it out let me know so we can ape your lol. We have places without running potable water that the members still pay rent for government owned housing. Of course no one will go so some of those houses are empty.

Thanks treasury board!

I got a fairly substantial increase one year because I was reassessed because of the “ocean view” that you could see two months a year…through the hole in my house from being attacked at night with an axe.

If rents were below market value, the CRA would considered them to be subsidized by the employer and the difference would show up as a taxable benefit on your paystub.

So, Canadians actually are interested in the CAF. And in large numbers. That was Vancouver- supposedly the most military unfriendly place in Canada….

Back