Author Topic: 764 Comm Grp? Where is it?!?  (Read 10219 times)

Offline IT_Dude_Joeschmo

• Rate Post
  • Getting 1's and 0's to flow...
764 Comm Grp? Where is it?!?
« on: May 04, 2012, 12:24:22 »
Hey folks, a buddy of mine is posted to 764 Comm Grp in Ottawa and he wants to buy a house but no one here (1 Sigs, Edmonton) has a clue where the unit actually is, Hull? Gatineau? Where should this guy try and buy a place to live?

If it's classified then PM me for high side contact info.

Thanks,

Joe
"When I retire, I want to become a gay Hollywood actor, they always make more money!"... My old boss's plans ;)

ACISS-IST's, look here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/239432422884449

PS> It's not a trap!

Online NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
Re: 764 Comm Grp? Where is it?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:55:04 »
Hey folks, a buddy of mine is posted to 764 Comm Grp in Ottawa and he wants to buy a house but no one here (1 Sigs, Edmonton) has a clue where the unit actually is, Hull? Gatineau? Where should this guy try and buy a place to live?

If it's classified then PM me for high side contact info.

Thanks,

Joe

This should be able to get you started......

Information Management Group

Among other things, the Information Management Group is responsible for the conduct of electronic warfare and the protection of the Forces' communications and computer networks. Within the group, this operational role is fulfilled by the Canadian Forces Information Operations Group, headquartered at CFS Leitrim in Ottawa, which operates the following units: the Canadian Forces Information Operations Group Headquarters (CFIOGHQ), the Canadian Forces Electronic Warfare Centre (CFEWC), the Canadian Forces Network Operation Centre (CFNOC), the Canadian Forces Signals Intelligence Operations Centre (CFSOC), the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Leitrim, and the 764 Communications Squadron
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline Beadwindow 7

• Life is cruel, and I am but a small slice of life
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • ZBM2
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 13:58:37 »
It's in Ottawa. Dependant on which section, can't really tell you which building your friend will be in. Mostly Colonel By, maybe some dudes over at Tunney's. They travel around a lot the city a lot. When I was there last, something like 38 buildings they serviced.

Either way, which building is in doesn't matter, your friend should look anywhere in the NCR.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 14:12:04 »
Their main bldg is the Constipation....oops Constitution. >:D

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 14:46:37 »
However, most of NDHQ will be moving out to the former Nortel Campus, just north of Bells Corners, over the next few years; the west(ish) end would probably be a good place to look for a house.

Of course, size and price range will also influence his choice, but once the main body is at Nortel, the commute from Orleans will be not so much fun.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline IT_Dude_Joeschmo

• Rate Post
  • Getting 1's and 0's to flow...
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 17:50:07 »
Thanks very much folks, that's the best info we've received thus far! 38 buildings, that's rediculous...
"When I retire, I want to become a gay Hollywood actor, they always make more money!"... My old boss's plans ;)

ACISS-IST's, look here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/239432422884449

PS> It's not a trap!

Online NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 17:56:01 »
Welcome to the NCR and the crystal palace......
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline Robert0288

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 19:27:54 »
Thanks very much folks, that's the best info we've received thus far! 38 buildings, that's rediculous...

Look at it this way, they could also service the rest of the 156(ish) buildings they are spread out in.

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 09:05:28 »
Ummmm, They do.