Author Topic: Expedited Reserve Enrollment (ERE) process [Merged]  (Read 34465 times)

Offline EncryotoID 71974738

• Rate Post
Re: Expedited Reserve Enrollment (ERE) process [Merged]
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2019, 12:08:30 »
Posted already. Sorry. Please delete
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:02:41 by EncryptoID »

Offline ACE_Engineer

• Rate Post
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2019, 13:45:22 »
Hello,

I've resisted posting about this thus far because it seems several people are experiencing delays with their application. However, my delay seems to be different in one distinct way: I completed and passed all my testing and interviews in November of last year, including an interview with the CO of 32 Combat Engineer Regiment (the unit I applied to), who gave me positive feedback. Since then, there have been no updated on my file.

I have contacted the recruiters a few times since then, only to be told that my file is being processed at the Brigade level. Most recently, I was asked if I had heard anything from 32 Brigade Recruiting. When I responded no, I have not, I didn't hear back. I've emailed them twice since, with no response.

In the mean time, I've recently seen a bunch of images posted by 32CBG about mass enrollments and BMQ graduations. Therefore, clearly, the recruiting process is very much alive and well.

What could be the hold up, and how do I get a response from recruiters?

PS: I applied for the role of Engineering Officer

Offline Teager

• Rate Post
    • Canada For Victory
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2019, 14:47:04 »
There  Facebook page has extension 2845 listed could try calling that. Summer time can be a more difficult time to get ahold of people but there will still be people working.

If that doesn't work and you have contact for one of the clerk's at 32 CER ask them if they can give you a number for someone that's working at brigade recruiting.

Offline ACE_Engineer

• Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2019, 20:01:29 »
I've called twice in two days and left a message. No response yet.

Offline kratz

Summer is here...and more rain.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2019, 20:10:21 »
I am not with 32 Combat Engineer Regiment, but my experience with PRes has me considering.

If 5 positions are open and 15 apply. Some applications will not get in.

Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline ACE_Engineer

• Rate Post
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2019, 13:50:55 »
Finally got a hold of a recruiter, via LinkedIn of all places! He told me that currently there are 3 or 4 recruiters dealing with over 1000 applications, hence the delay. He then gave me an update on my file: It took longer than usual to get my security papers through because I'm a dual citizen, but they're cleared now, and soon my file will be "sent to Ottawa". Also, I should expect to hear back from them in August. He hopes to get me enrolled before November, when my medical expires.

Thought I should share with everyone so you know what's causing the delay. They seem to be short-staffed for the summer.

Offline Caesar Augustus

• Rate Post
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2019, 05:47:12 »
Finally got a hold of a recruiter, via LinkedIn of all places! He told me that currently there are 3 or 4 recruiters dealing with over 1000 applications, hence the delay. He then gave me an update on my file: It took longer than usual to get my security papers through because I'm a dual citizen, but they're cleared now, and soon my file will be "sent to Ottawa". Also, I should expect to hear back from them in August. He hopes to get me enrolled before November, when my medical expires.

Thought I should share with everyone so you know what's causing the delay. They seem to be short-staffed for the summer.

I'm wondering what's your timeline, how long it takes to get the security clearance etc because I might be in the same position..cheers

Offline ACE_Engineer

• Rate Post
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2019, 00:17:32 »
I completed everything on my end in November of last year. CFAT, medical, physical, officer review board, paperwork, etc. So its been 7-8 months from then.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2019, 03:12:36 »
Finally got a hold of a recruiter, via LinkedIn of all places! He told me that currently there are 3 or 4 recruiters dealing with over 1000 applications, hence the delay.

FYI... this is ridiculous.

That is all ;0
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon