Author Topic: Politics in 2018  (Read 179282 times)

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Politics in 2018
« Reply #1275 on: April 19, 2018, 20:00:40 »
While she may be applauded for "bold leadership" against this "monumental challenge"...<cough>... I think Notley lost a lot of votes over how she conducted herself in this situation as a whole, specifically targeting the 'civilian population' if you will in order to ensure her own political goals are met.

I'm not debating whether the pipeline needs to be expanded or not.

But instead of keeping this a 'government to government' issue...she continues to target the lower to middle class residents of BC.  First, she limited the amount of wine that BC could export to Alberta.  This had a very real affect on small, family owned businesses including wineries, liquor stores, transport businesses, etc.

Now she wants to make gas so unbelievably expensive, that the residents of BC will FORCE their government to concede if for no other reason than people are going broke over just trying to drive to work, drive their kids around, and live normal lives.

I'm all for tough measures if governments disagree and, for some reason, can't come up with a solution that both parties can accept.  But deliberately making the lives of fellow Canadians difficult, and making them suffer financially - especially when it's the lower to middle class that will be affected the most - isn't very noble, honourable, or Canadian.

Canadian provincial governments should not be deliberately targeting & financially hurting other Canadians, just because they happen to reside in a different province.

As someone who lives in Alberta, I have absolutely zero motivation to see average people in BC suffering due to a political dispute.  It's one of the most un-Canadian things I can think of, and I know from discussing this around the water cooler, I'm not the only one that feels that way.
Jason Kenney wanted even harsher measures and accused Notley of not fighting for the energy sector,  so its really a big partisan response from alberta,  wouldn't you say?
Someday I'll care about milpoints.

jollyjacktar

« Reply #1276 on: April 22, 2018, 20:34:46 »
Liberal MP facing sexual assault allegation

Francis Drouin is the Liberal MP in the riding of Glengarry-Prescott-Russell. He is facing an allegation of sexual assault.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-mp-drouin-halifax-sexual-assault-1.4630636

Online ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #1277 on: April 22, 2018, 21:36:16 »
No small degree of irony:

Alleged incident occurred early Saturday in Halifax, hours before Liberals took part in anti-harassment forum.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

jollyjacktar

« Reply #1278 on: April 22, 2018, 22:49:56 »
I'm guessing Karma doesn't like the Trudeau government.  His trip last week was more or less uneventful.  I think the fates said, "frig that".

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #1279 on: April 23, 2018, 11:51:25 »
Liberal MP facing sexual assault allegation

Francis Drouin is the Liberal MP in the riding of Glengarry-Prescott-Russell. He is facing an allegation of sexual assault.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-mp-drouin-halifax-sexual-assault-1.4630636

I smell a rat . If he did it so be it. Innocent til proven otherwise.

Maybe he’s the sacrificial lamb? Or am I wearing my tin foil hat too tightly?
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1280 on: April 23, 2018, 12:51:50 »
I smell a rat . If he did it so be it. Innocent til proven otherwise.

Maybe he’s the sacrificial lamb? Or am I wearing my tin foil hat too tightly?

Maybe he grabbed her  to make way for the speaker of the bar...
Living the lean life.

Offline Oldgateboatdriver

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1281 on: April 23, 2018, 12:52:21 »
I must say that in my recollections (or lack thereof) of Halifax, not too many people still hanging around the downtown bar scene at 2 A.M. on a week-end evening are in any condition to make a valid criminal identification.  ;D

Offline Retired AF Guy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1282 on: April 23, 2018, 20:34:12 »
I must say that in my recollections (or lack thereof) of Halifax, not too many people still hanging around the downtown bar scene at 2 A.M. on a week-end evening are in any condition to make a valid criminal identification.  ;D

I was listening to Antony Fury on National Post Radio this morning on the way to work Fury was saying that according to a "source" Drouin was in a very crowded bar when a women became agitated because someone had grabbed her buttocks. Drouin went over to see what the problem was, whereupon he was accused of being the attacked. Again, strictly rumour, more to follow.
"Leave one wolf alive, and the sheep are never safe."

Arya Stark