Author Topic: Who owns long range precision fires?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
Re: Who owns long range precision fires?
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2020, 14:49:21 »
I always figured when I lived in Winnipeg and Brandon that we were within the Russian nukes' circular error probable for Minot.

;D

The missileers who would come up from Minot in a Kin Air for TGIF in Portage would likely agree with you, FJAG. :nod:

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2020, 17:49:08 »
I’m sure Army guys would love a posting to Minot, ND, sitting 100’ underground for extended periods. The silos have ice cream, and Army types got spiked from having ice cream in all the DFACs in your... ;D

In their spare time they could always pitch a tent under the stars.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

"If change isn’t allowed to be a process, it becomes an event." - Penny Mordaunt 10/10/2019

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards” ~ Soren Kierkegaard

ignoramus et ignorabimus

Offline Old Sweat

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2020, 10:27:14 »
We're not really going to be able to take what is commentary of an attack of "blimpishness" by a retired senior officer much farther.

Apologies to whoever coined the appellation Colonel Blimp for those firmly stuck in the past. However, I still get a chuckle recalling a framed editorial cartoon in the 4 RCHA officers' mess. It dated from when Diefenbaker axed the Avro Arrow. In the drawing, a group of army officers are enjoying a drink at the mess bar, while a bemedalled RCAF officer is weeping in the corner over a headline "Arrow Canned". The caption went something like "Clear thinking in Ottawa at last. Now, if we could just get back our horses".

Online Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2020, 12:21:33 »

Apologies to whoever coined the appellation Colonel Blimp for those firmly stuck in the past. However, I still get a chuckle recalling a framed editorial cartoon in the 4 RCHA officers' mess.  . . .

Quite apropos, since Colonel Blimp originated as a political cartoon.

https://www.lambiek.net/artists/l/low_david.htm

Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.