Author Topic: A private fear  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
A private fear
« on: June 17, 2004, 06:42:51 »
With a possible Conservative victory looming, I have to admit I am concerned. I am worried that the JSS project will be cancelled outright and the MHP program will be delayed. Why I have this is because of the way Chretien (Jean who?) cancelled the EH101. So the idea of payback concerns me. :(
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
Re: A private fear
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 06:46:47 »
No, I don,t think so as that would give the Bloc and NDP to much ammo to work with.[ ie. ..see,Harper, same old, same old, etc.]
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline DJL

• Rate Post
Re: A private fear
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 12:29:56 »
With a possible Conservative victory looming, I have to admit I am concerned. I am worried that the JSS project will be cancelled outright and the MHP program will be delayed. Why I have this is because of the way Chretien (Jean who?) cancelled the EH101. So the idea of payback concerns me.

I'd be in favor of going with a more conventional design for the AOR replacement, IMHO 2.1 Billion or 700 million per seems like quite the bill to me for three AOR/ROROs.......perhaps the "slash" should be taken out, and instead we should look at a current (British/Dutch/German/Spanish) "off the self design" or go in with the Americans on their "AOR-X" program. Then with the savings, go after more conventional RO/ROs, whether new build or second hand. I'm just not big on the JSS project. 

As for the MHP, I doubt the Tories will touch that hot potato................Does anybody know if AugstaWestlands and Sikorsky's bid are in yet?