Author Topic: The CFS Alert Merged Thread  (Read 152036 times)

Offline danteh

• Rate Post
Re: The CFS Alert Merged Thread
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2016, 13:40:29 »
Well......It is a BAR on the SSM.......if you are looking for a medal......

Has nothing to do with the medal considering I will already get that whether its a deployment or not. I am interested in knowing because I am looking to OT to MP and because I don't have the schooling I would require at least 6 months of foreign or domestic operational experience which I would have after I finish my 6-7 months in Alert. I have emailed my BPSO and I havn't received a response yet (been a few weeks) and being in Alert I don't have easy access to a phone to make non-work related calls.

Offline captloadie

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2016, 13:46:37 »
CFS Alert is not an official domestic operation. The are domestic operations that happen in and around CFS Alert (Op Nevus and Op Boxtop for instance), but your six months in Alert is a domestic attached posting. Its the reason while all the Regulations have a special section for CFS Alert, because it the orphan that no one really wants to take in.

Offline danteh

• Rate Post
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2016, 12:24:37 »
So an update from the BPSO in Trenton... A 6 month long attached posting in Alert DOES count as an operational deployment.

Offline mpelletier92

• Rate Post
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2018, 21:17:00 »
Hey guys, I don't know if I'll get any reply soon but if not I'll make a new thread:

Willing to give Alert a try but would like to know where to get the most information about the related taskings etc...

Is a memo is the only way to get there? If I could get in touch with someone who has a fresh experience there that'd be a good starting point.

Anyway thanks for reading.

Offline Met_tech001

• Rate Post
Getting a posting to CFS Alert?
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2019, 11:04:45 »
What is the process to get a posting go CFS Alert?  What times of the year do the 6 month postings start?