Poll

Any cadets that want to join the reserves/reg force/RMC because of this new increase of funding?

Was no now yes
Still no
Yes before and still yes

Author Topic: 12.8 billion dollar increase in military budget.  (Read 3271 times)

cursedhighlander

12.8 billion dollar increase in military budget.
« on: February 24, 2005, 01:57:42 »
Hi all I was just watching the news and saw that there were a few changes to the canadian budget. There were increases to things such as healthcare/education but they were around 5 billion dolalrs. The increase in funding for the military was 12.8 billion dollars. The old amount of money spent was 3.5 billion (you do the math). There were 5000 now recruits because of this and I was wondering if there were any cadets that wanted to join the CF because of this increase since I have been having conflicts on whether to join because of the lack of funding. I was hoping for some more opinions to give me an idea whether other people are more swayed to join now that funding has been increased.

Offline Globemaster

• Rate Post
Re: 12.8 billion dollar increase in military budget.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 03:38:34 »
yea theres gonna be a pay raise (10% including retro-pay) i heard :)

Offline condor888000

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 14:28:17 »
...The increase in funding for the military was 12.8 billion dollars. The old amount of money spent was 3.5 billion (you do the math)...
The money's over 5 years though.
There were 5000 now recruits because of this...
The PM promised a new 5000 strong peacekeeping force. Some of the money is going to be goinng to the recruiting of this force.

Personally, I don't care how much cash the military is getting, like before, I still want to join to serve my country.
This is what it would have looked like had the plane crashed into a school for bunnies.

Offline Frankex

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 16:48:39 »
i lime the idea of a pay raise. i have always wanted to join the military serve my country and see the world. no amount of money would change that.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 12:35:48 »
The money's over 5 years though.The PM promised a new 5000 strong peacekeeping force. Some of the money is going to be goinng to the recruiting of this force.

That idea is now on hold.....looks like there will be no new brigade.

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Frankex

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 12:45:56 »
i also heard that there were going to be 5000 new reg forces and around 3000 new reservists. dont know if it is true but it is what i heard

Offline Frankex

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 12:49:17 »

Regards

what do you mean? they are not going to give the military 13 billion dollars ???

but than again that ids no big suprise. the big suprise was hearing the military would be receiving more mony.

Offline qjdb

• Rate Post
  • CIC - Army
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 13:33:36 »
no, I believe that the thing that is on hold is the peacekeeping-specific brigade.  Obviously, someone talked some sense into whoever's idea that was.

Quentin
:cdn:
LT Quentin Brown
Training Officer
1725 (CME) RCACC
Chilliwack, BC

Offline condor888000

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 14:19:39 »

Regards

Thanks for the info Franko.

This is what it would have looked like had the plane crashed into a school for bunnies.

Offline Armoured Reservist

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 17:22:44 »
Like some others here, i to have always wanted to join, and serve my country. :salute: :cdn: