Author Topic: A few questions about the PRB!!!!  (Read 1829 times)

Offline a_future_clerk

• Banned
  • Rate Post
A few questions about the PRB!!!!
« on: April 23, 2006, 22:26:33 »
A friend of mine is going to be PRB'ed this Tuesday.

What I want to know, what happens at a PRB meeting? What advice would you have for this person? He is worried about being kicked out of the military and thus ruining his life.

This person has received six warnings. One for letting his boot laces hang out, one for weapon mishandling, one for leaving a magazine behind, one for poor turnout on inspection, one for failing the drill test, and one for giving up on a nav exercise.

I think it was because he was having trouble with the nav exercise again and field exercises in general.

Please help! He is worried about getting a 5f discharge and/or getting thrown out of the military.

Offline Tipperary

• rootin' tootin'
  • Rate Post
Re: A few questions about the PRB!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 21:27:16 »
Chances are he will just get recoursed if he ends up at the PRB, unless he is a big screw up. One guy in my platoon just got sent to the PRB, and they are still deciding whether to release him or recourse him. ... so it depends. I'm going to Farnham this week though :D
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle..

Offline a_future_clerk

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 21:59:47 »
Chances are he will just get recoursed if he ends up at the PRB, unless he is a big screw up. One guy in my platoon just got sent to the PRB, and they are still deciding whether to release him or recourse him. ... so it depends. I'm going to Farnham this week though :D

What did your friend get sent to the PRB for?

Offline Flatspin

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 00:41:08 »
A friend of mine is going to be PRB'ed this Tuesday.

What I want to know, what happens at a PRB meeting? What advice would you have for this person? He is worried about being kicked out of the military and thus ruining his life.

This person has received six warnings. One for letting his boot laces hang out, one for weapon mishandling, one for leaving a magazine behind, one for poor turnout on inspection, one for failing the drill test, and one for giving up on a nav exercise.

I think it was because he was having trouble with the nav exercise again and field exercises in general.

Please help! He is worried about getting a 5f discharge and/or getting thrown out of the military.

Good general advice for a PRB would be :

- do proper drill and be professional
- acknowledge mistakes and don't make excuses
- have a plan on how you will address your shortcomings