Author Topic: Response's To "Ruxted On The Media's Handling Of Cpl. Boneca's Death"  (Read 76437 times)

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
Hey, printing their pictures with the permission of the next-of-kin is a fine tribute.......only today the story underneath the pictures would probably read like a bad Saturday Night Live skit of the "Church Lady".

"..alone at night,...just the two of them...hooooow convenient....."

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate reporters, I hate what the system has made them become.....
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
That's what irks me the most, the never ending quest for the story behind the story.  Sometimes there just ain't one.  Sometimes, as Sigmund said, a cigar is just a cigar.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline paracowboy

• I keep sayin' it...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Make The Voices Stop!
Re: Response's To "Ruxted On The Media's Handling Of Cpl. Boneca's Death"
« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2006, 19:29:44 »
The idea that reporters, trying to do their jobs to the best of their ability, are out to get us, is the cause of most of the trouble. 
if they stopped putting their own spin on facts, stuck to reporting the truth, and stopped mis-quoting us, there wouldn't  be a problem.
They are not the enemy.
  Yes, they are. Not all of them, but too many to take any of them on faith. I've had too many personal, first-hand encounters with the liars who call themselves journalists to believe anything else.
...time to cull the herd.

Offline Centurian1985

• Rate Post
  • Putting the 'P' in the gene 'ool'...
« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2006, 20:05:08 »
if they stopped putting their own spin on facts, stuck to reporting the truth, and stopped mis-quoting us, there wouldn't  be a problem.  

It is such a simple process to correctly quote a person. 

You ask a question.
They give you an answer.
You write it down.
You read it back to the person.
They confirm that what you wrote is what they said.

Its not rocket science!  We've been doing it in debriefs, interviews, handling, and interrogations since WWI.  Its even simpler when the other person is willingly giving information and willing to repeat statements so that they can be written down correctly.  Thus, whenever it occurs, you have to ask - was the person incompetent, stupid, or deliberately spinning our words to fit their story?   ::)

Offline CPL Kevin

• Rate Post
  • Gyrit
« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2006, 01:57:37 »
I am a member of the LSSR the unit that Boneca was part of i might not of been one of Bonecas life long friends but i can tell you that he was all for the mission and one of the best troops i know. Just because he tells his girl that he misses home and wants out of the desert does not mean he hates the mission. I can't tell you how many times i have said i want out of LFCA TC MEAFORD or wainwright does that mean i hate the mission no it means i miss home and my old lady.