Author Topic: Posted to 764 Comm Sqn Ottawa  (Read 7255 times)

Offline Clarkey

• Rate Post
Posted to 764 Comm Sqn Ottawa
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:25:45 »
Just found out my posting off my SigOp QL3's will be 764 Comm Sqn in Ottawa. Any info on what kind of stuff i'll be into? Typical day? Type of Work?  Thanks.

Clarkey

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Posted to 764 Comm Sqn Ottawa
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:58:02 »
Just found out my posting off my SigOp QL3's will be 764 Comm Sqn in Ottawa. Any info on what kind of stuff i'll be into? Typical day? Type of Work?  Thanks.

Clarkey

CF Site for 764 Comms Sqn
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

MikeL

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 18:17:10 »
Don't expect anything too exciting from a static unit. You'll most likely end up doing IS, or Message Centre stuff.  Not too sure what other jobs there are at a comm sqn.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 23:43:51 »
Don't expect anything too exciting from a static unit. You'll most likely end up doing IS, or Message Centre stuff.  Not too sure what other jobs there are at a comm sqn.

Well, my buddy is the SysOp to the CDS (he's a SigOp) and does all the CDS comm's systems and whatnot...I'd say that is 'pretty exciting' judging from what he's told me about his travels with the previous, and current CDS.

Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

MikeL

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 00:21:05 »
Well, my buddy is the SysOp to the CDS (he's a SigOp) and does all the CDS comm's systems and whatnot...I'd say that is 'pretty exciting' judging from what he's told me about his travels with the previous, and current CDS.

Getting into a position like that you'd have to be a senior Signaller, etc  As a brand new Pte no hook in a Comm Sqn you won't get that kinda stuff as you are learning your job, etc. Like anything when you get more time in, courses, etc more positions open up.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 00:28:00 »

Getting into a position like that you'd have to be a senior Signaller, etc  As a brand new Pte no hook in a Comm Sqn you won't get that kinda stuff as you are learning your job, etc. Like anything when you get more time in, courses, etc more positions open up.

Well yes and no.  He had just re-enrolled to the Regs after being out for a few years but...true about the no-hooks but its nice for them to see that there is something other than boring jobs to do no?   ;D  You know, keep 'em motivated and all that.
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

MikeL

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 00:32:11 »
true about the no-hooks but its nice for them to see that there is something other than boring jobs to do no?   ;D  You know, keep 'em motivated and all that.

haha, true enough