• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Oct 06: Day of Protest Against the CF (& Canadian war crimes against an occupied people)

Don't ya be saying nasty things about me Bierkenstocks! When we bees sailing where the sun tis so hot it melt the gold right outta ya teeth, then you'll be tink'in "why is ol Mast Hugger Hannibal's feet so cool, and would'ca set yer eyes upon that posture of 'is?"

Yaaarrr!

These people - champions of human rights - my ass! How can they speak of human rights , yet don't want to help out those around the world that can't help themselves . Hypocrates ....all of them!

zipperhead_cop said:
Canadian soldiers are being sent to Afghanistan as aggressors and occupiers. The tanks are said to be for shock action and to make killing from a long distance easier. Retired General Lewis McKenzie has been quoted as saying “It’s sort of nice to be able to stand back and turn to the tanker and say, "Take that house out’” rather than have soldiers themselves to inside to "clear out the enemy". This open talk of war crimes against an occupied people is not acceptable.

What the heck is wrong with these yuppies?... is some neuron in their brain misfiring? What the heck don't they get? What...........
Beathe deeply... life is but a dream within a dream... breathe in... breathe out... count to ten...........(insert sound of warspite banging his head against his monitor here)

There we go. Why do these idiots have to preach there imbecility to the masses why can't they just shut up and disagree in private rather than spewing their yuppie ideology to the masses..........

warspite said:
What the heck is wrong with these yuppies?... is some neuron in their brain misfiring? What the heck don't they get? What...........
Beathe deeply... life is but a dream within a dream... breathe in... breathe out... count to ten...........(insert sound of warspite banging his head against his monitor here)

There we go. Why do these idiots have to preach there imbecility to the masses why can't they just shut up and disagree in private rather than spewing their yuppie ideology to the masses..........

Living in a free country, they have the right to disagree with you, me and the entire military establishment, and they can do it very vocally, in ignorant ways, and you know what....that's all right. Better that than the alternative.  :)

GAP said:
Living in a free country, they have the right to disagree with you, me and the entire military establishment, and they can do it very vocally, in ignorant ways, and you know what....that's all right. Better that than the alternative.  :)
I agree.
Don't get me wrong I believe very much in freedom of speech but it can be frustrating to listen to these fools.

Sadly, having just finished my Human Rights degree, the majority of my peers/friends are participating in this kind of idiotic nonsense  :-[

Magically, they have all forgotten (well, never bothered to learn) that pre-invasion, Amnesty International/Human Rights Watch spent the better part of a decade screaming for the world to go in and do something about the insane Taliban committing all sorts of hienous affronts to humanity - now the next generation of activists is demanding that we let the extremists roll right back into town!

I've been trying to condense half a dozen academic papers on modern terrorism/Afghanistan into a 'reality check' fact sheet to use for my own counter-nefarious purposes. If anyone is looking for some academic/fact-based background on Islamic terrorism and human rights & the Taliban to work on their hippie-dueling skills, PM me and I'll try to help.

+1 GAP

While I understand the concept of freedom of expression, and worrying about the alternative, it frosts me to hear only PART of the story from ANYONE!  It's not the bitchin', it's the one-SIDED bitchin'...

I suppose it does not matter that this is a UN mandated mission run by NATO & other nations (not the USA).  It is irrelevant that the government was democratically elected by the Afghan people through internationally supervised elections.  I suppose it does not matter that reconstruction is at a standstill because of destructive actions of the Taliban.  It is irrelevant that our goals in Afghanistan have the same moral integrity as peacekeeping. We could put all sorts of effort into deconstructing their arguments, but we’ve already done this (here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/49909.0.html).

. . . but I’ve found one can have much fun reinforcing stupidity with more stupidity.  So, for anyone looking to have a little fun with this, go join the local protest with big signs reading:

“Let the weak of the world defend themselves from atrocity: End Peacekeeping!”
or
“Support Taliban Rule! End equality for women in Afghanistan!”
or
“Down with the democratically elected Afghan government!”
or maybe even
“The UN Security Council is wrong; We should not help the Afghans”
and my favourite
“I support governments that sponsor terrorists!  Taliban, yeah!”

Have fun with it, and make sure the media get a camera full of your stupid poster.

You could also send letters to thier sponsors.  Some are not likely to be swayed, but others may pull thier support: http://www.acp-cpa.ca/en/OCT28Endorsers.htm

I think MCG has the right of it.  I wonder what the masses of union members would think should they realize that their money - in the form of their union dues - goes to support such nonsensical lunatic fringe politics?

Does anyone know anything about "counter-demonstrations" planned for the same day as these protests?  I would gladly march in support of the mission.  There are plenty of people out there that support the mission in Afghanistan.  Why can't we organise?

I'd love to go counter protest but I suspect that someone would push my buttons and my counter protest would turn into the counter punch.

CUPE and CUPW are both sponsors of said event.  We ALL know members of CUPE.  Heck, they strike and we get a pay raise, so we MUST get along! ;D
Ask your local dudes: do you realise that your union is sponsoring this?

These people are walking reasons that half-way houses should be better supervised.

MM

This here is an example of where Grossman and Orwell converge.

Teddy Ruxpin said:
I think MCG has the right of it.  I wonder what the masses of union members would think should they realize that their money - in the form of their union dues - goes to support such nonsensical lunatic fringe politics?

I wonder if the unions thought about whether or not their bretheren have it in their contracts to be allowed to attend said day of protest and what the pay scale for said day would be...

MM

Well I sent an email to stopwar.ca:

Dear Stopwar.ca,

It’s very encouraging to know that your right to protest continues unabated, courtesy of our fine Canadian Armed Forces and the veterans who have served the Canadian people over the years. May you forever continue in your endeavors to bring peace to the world.

Regards,

M. M.

Toronto

And I got a reply:

Michael,

Indeed, and some soldiers and veterans are beginning to exercise their right to denounce Harper and Hillier's warmongering and the terrible spot it has put Canada in. There are likely to be more cases like that of Francisco Juarez.

StopWar.ca

So I just had to write back:

Let us hope you are correct. The sooner the Canadian Forces weed out all of its agents provocateurs the better. It is quite sad and unfortunate that many Canadians know nothing about our Armed Forces and have nothing other than our media to enlighten them with their shoddy journalism.

Those in the Military understand quite well what kind of person Francisco Juarez is and none aspire to be like him, I assure you of that. I apologise for my negative tone, but the only way I can describe Mr. Juarez is "opportunistic coward".

Regards,

M. M.

I think this would be a good time for President Hamid Karzai to visit Canada...

Back