• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force Forage Cap

Occam said:
He did say a working link....  ;)

Okay you got me there!  I just went back and looked...can't you link something as http://ftp:// or what I had up there?  :blotto:

Eye In The Sky said:
Okay you got me there!  I just went back and looked...can't you link something as http://ftp:// or what I had up there?  :blotto:

EITS, it would just be ftp://..... 

Hypertext and File Transfer Protocols are separate ports on a browser so the http://ftp://... would not be a valid routing address.

Cheers
G2G

Good2Golf said:
EITS, it would just be ftp://..... 

Hypertext and File Transfer Protocols are separate ports on a browser so the http://ftp://... would not be a valid routing address.

Cheers
G2G

Um, I know, I used to be a DWAN/Baseline Net Admin?Mgr and have tons of IT coursing and experience...so I have no idea what I was up to the other day.  :blotto:

Eye In The Sky said:

Nope, you can only specify one protocol when requesting a URL.  The one that gets used depends on whether you're accessing a web server or a file server.

Eye In The Sky said:
Um, I know, I used to be a DWAN/Baseline Net Admin?Mgr and have tons of IT coursing and experience...so I have no idea what I was up to the other day.  :blotto:

:eek:  For shame, then...no soup for you!

;D

Sorry to rehash an old topic but,

Where the hell can I get these? Logistiks only has sizes on their website for the tiny melons... there's 5 of us that need 7 3/8" ones.
Anyone know any military surplus stores or something that'd sell them?

Out of curiousity, has the School CWO allowed them on parades at 1CFFTS now, or is it for something else?

PS:  Nice course patch!

We haven't offically "asked" yet, but it's kinda hush hush =D

Also... I've seen 3 versions of the peak cap, one without the gold braid, one with single and one with double gold braid.
Which are junior officer ones? I was under the assumption it was the single gold braid

BobSlob said:

Also... I've seen 3 versions of the peak cap, one without the gold braid, one with single and one with double gold braid.
Which are junior officer ones? I was under the assumption it was the single gold braid

Same as the Navy -- No gold is for OCdts, Gold band for up to Capt, Leaf is for Maj+, etc

BobSlob said:

You won't have to ask - the parade order will be very specific.  It will most probably state "Dress for Officers:  Wedge and shoes." 

BobSlob said:
Sorry to rehash an old topic but,

Where the hell can I get these? Logistiks only has sizes on their website for the tiny melons... there's 5 of us that need 7 3/8" ones.
Anyone know any military surplus stores or something that'd sell them?

I have a 50-mission Jr.Offr FC I could send your way, but it's a 7 1/8...(it's a big 7 1/8...i.e. old style, before the messed up Logistek sizes came on board...  ;) )

Can the braid be put on an existing cap? Or do you need a new cap at 2Lt and Maj?

MedTech said:

Indeed...or, un-stitch the original visor  from the hat and hand stitch in the new up-ranked visor.  Forage caps cost $$$ (can't use your Logistik point) so make sure you get the size right if you choose the easier "buy me now" option.

Cheers
G2G

Forage caps cost $$$ (can't use your Logistik point)

The SERVICE caps (which is the proper term) only cost 31$ on Logistik Unicorp, I don't think that is "$$$", it more of a "$"  ;)

Here's some good news for people with a head larger than 7-3/4 or smaller than 6-3/8, have your service cap custom made!  William Scully Ltd. is a uniform manufacturer that has been supplying uniforms to the canadian military since the Boers War!  The were one of the official providers before Logistik Unicorp and still supply specialty items (specific ceremonial dresses, headgears, badges, swords, feathers, and so on...).  A custom made Service Cap is 47,95$ and the hand-embroided Air Ops cap badge is 14,50$.  If you are promoted to junior officer or senior officer (or general officer), you can have your cap repeaked for 35,95$ (including the price of the new peak...).

They can pretty much do whatever you ask for if you are willing to pay, I know someone who's service cap features a genuine leather peak (which is regulatory since it's the way they were made before plastic. Beeing an official supplier, they know all the regulations anyway so they'll tell you what you can or can't have)

Anyway, check it out here: http://www.williamscully.ca/!
I would really recommend going for a visit if you're in Montreal... this place is a real museum!

Taptrick said:
The SERVICE caps (which is the proper term) only cost 31$ on Logistik Unicorp, I don't think that is "$$$", it more of a "$"  ;)

Here's some good news for people with a head larger than 7-3/4 or smaller than 6-3/8, have your service cap custom made!  William Scully Ltd. is a uniform manufacturer that has been supplying uniforms to the canadian military since the Boers War!  The were one of the official providers before Logistik Unicorp and still supply specialty items (specific ceremonial dresses, headgears, badges, swords, feathers, and so on...).  A custom made Service Cap is 47,95$ and the hand-embroided Air Ops cap badge is 14,50$.  If you are promoted to junior officer or senior officer (or general officer), you can have your cap repeaked for 35,95$ (including the price of the new peak...).

They can pretty much do whatever you ask for if you are willing to pay, I know someone who's service cap features a genuine leather peak (which is regulatory since it's the way they were made before plastic. Beeing an official supplier, they know all the regulations anyway so they'll tell you what you can or can't have)

Anyway, check it out here: http://www.williamscully.ca/!
I would really recommend going for a visit if you're in Montreal... this place is a real museum!

They're only known as "service" caps to those with no/little TI.  ;)

Officially, they are:

Cap, "Service Dress".

Don't forget the "dress" because that is the part that the word "service" goes with - implying our "Service Dress" or "DEU".

Even better news: If your head is larger than 7-3/4 or smaller than 6-3/8  -- Save your money ($47.95)!! The supply system is obligated to provide you with your initial issue of Service Dress (DEU). Clothing stores will order your initial issue on your behalf ... and will utilize the special size clothing roll to obtain any service dress items that you require custom-made or specially fitted ... using national funds and keeping your earned $ in your own pocket.

This public service announcement brought to you by Vern.

For those who require "custom sizes or builds" (ie: It's NOT initial issue):

Same procedure applies. Go see your clothing stores and ask them to measure you via the special size clothing roll. Clothing Stores will then obtain your special-sized or custom made item for you - Clothing will also charge you only what it costs for a "regular" sized item available to anyone "regular sized". IE: If your cap costs 31 Logistik, then it'll only cost you 31 for yours too ... even if you're a custom.

Again, save your money.

Before all clothing stores personnel across the country are besieged by OCDTs and 2 LTs demanding their forage caps, can anyone answer as whether they are still on the initial issue list? I thought that although they were still authorized to wear, they were no longer being issued to Airforce personnel.

captloadie said:
Before all clothing stores personnel across the country are besieged by OCDTs and 2 LTs demanding their forage caps, can anyone answer as whether they are still on the initial issue list? I thought that although they were still authorized to wear, they were no longer being issued to Airforce personnel.

That is correct.  Logistik Unicorp also doesn't have it listed as one of the items you can order as a replacement through your points.

Dimsum said:
That is correct.  Logistik Unicorp also doesn't have it listed as one of the items you can order as a replacement through your points.

No, but you can buy the replacement through them. Ergo, they are the supplier of note for the CF members wishing to purchase this item.

Ergo, if you are a special size, clothing can order (via the special sized clothing roll) and you'll be charged the same as a "normal sized" individual for this item.

Back