• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things Paul Franklin (merged)

Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of when our lives changed forever.  I want to give a heartfelt thank you to all those who have supported not only Paul, but my family as well.  Without the morale that has been forthcoming, I don't know where we would be today.
Here's to a very uneventful 2007 in our house and in the homes of other deployed members.

simysmom99 said:
Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of when our lives changed forever.  I want to give a heartfelt thank you to all those who have supported not only Paul, but my family as well.  Without the morale that has been forthcoming, I don't know where we would be today.
Here's to a very uneventful 2007 in our house and in the homes of other deployed members.

Agreed.
Here's to you and your family's and other families fortitude in these troubled times. 
Keep smiling and hear our thoughts and wishes for a happy and healthy 2007.
Keep the Shiny side up.    :cdn:

Audra, Paul and family

One year ago we didn't know any of you, today you are a huge inspiration to all military members and civilians alike. You have shown great strength and let Canadians know what love, hope and a strong constitution can do. Thank you.

military granny said:
Audra, Paul and family

One year ago we didn't know any of you, today you are a huge inspiration to all military members and civilians alike. You have shown great strength and let Canadians know what love, hope and a strong constitution can do. Thank you.

+1. All the best to you, Paul and your son.

Master Cpl Paul Franklin is doing an interview on The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos this Thursday. The interview will air at 11pm on CBC television.

In case you don't remember Paul Franklin lost both his legs in a suicide bombing that killed Canadian diplomat Glyn Berry last year.

If you can't catch the interview on TV, you can also watch it online here after it's aired:

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1471

Edited by Vern to correct MCpl Franklin's rank in the topic title.

Yeah, I'm excited about this one.  I don't think that I will be allowed on air, but I want to meet George (huge crush).  I hope everyone can watch.

It should be a great interview... I remember watching the feature on him (and what happened and how he and his family have coped since then) during The National a few months ago..his story is remarkable and he's the truest of  :cdn: hero's  :salute:

I have a quick question.

Is Master Cpl Paul Franklin the same soldier who lost his legs as the one who is getting a Harley-Davidson specially made for him?

Koenigsegg said:
I have a quick question.

Is Master Cpl Paul Franklin the same soldier who lost his legs as the one who is getting a Harley-Davidson specially made for him?

Uhmm yes he certainly is. Open the link in the original thread for confirmation.

Vern

Thank you very much.
Sorry about asking it in this thread, and not looking for the link, I just saw this one thread and my curiousity overcame me.

I heard about it awhile ago while at a "party" at Barrie Harley, but I could not remember if it was Mr. Franklin (I'm a teenager, pretty much man with that much seniority over me, is a Mister...especially if they deserve the respect)

Thank you again.

Paul is not going to receive a Harley Davidson as far as I know.  Would be quite the challenge to ride without knees ;D.
I wonder if you aren't all thinking of Sapper McTeague?  I believe he has an affiliation with Harley Davidson.  If that is the case, then good on HD!

NOTE:  :crybaby:

The interview with Paul Franklin has been rescheduled. It will be now be airing during a prime time special of The Hour 9pm on March 27th.

:salute:

Thanks for posting that Fuzzy.  Bless the media, but they always change the date.
Okay, so now watch on the 27th instead!

We did the interview with George, and he is a top notch guy.  Ladies, just as fantastic in person as on TV!
So, the show airs on Tuesday March 27th at 9:00.  First there is Rick's season finale, This Hour has 22 Minutes and then George.  Mark Wahlberg is on as well (he wasn't there when we taped) and then Rick is doing his "Best Story Ever". 
George and Paul got on quite well and the interview went very long.  I can't wait to see the finished product.

From Paul Mcgrath, Associate Producer of The Hour:

Just a reminder that George Stroumboulopoulos' feature interview with Master Corporal Paul Franklin will be airing tonight at 9pm on The Hour.

For more info see here: http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/special.php

Mike Bobbitt said:
From Paul Mcgrath, Associate Producer of The Hour:

Just a reminder that George Stroumboulopoulos' feature interview with Master Corporal Paul Franklin will be airing tonight at 9pm on The Hour.

For more info see here: http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/special.php

Which time-zone is this?? Because I just turned on the hour, and George Stroumboulopoulos didn't mention anything about interviewing Franklin.  ???    He was doing something about 300, and a film-maker.
This was on NewsWorld, so could there be a seperate episode of the hour on at 10 Atlantic, 9 Eastern?

I don't think it's the Newsworld Hour, but the CBC channel Hour, just after "this hour has 22 minutes"

Back