• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Ottawa Chapter

naturalysam said:
it soudn liek youll all have a great time. and I woudl also avoid the afgh. exhibit. For anyone who hasnt been to the war memorial it is realyrealyrealy incredible. Well underaged wihtout a fake meens I canot join the meet and great :( ahh well I wish you all a good time.

I dont know wether i should laugh or cry at this one........

Um, I PM'd him about his spelling before one of the Mods jumped on him.

naturalysam said:
its her and thanks I will now make a conscious effort and spell check... thank you again
My bad, sorry.  8)
welcome to army.ca and enjoy
;D

Rice0031 said:
I want to go check out that exhibit about Afstan. 

Rice0031 - I saw the Afgh display at the War Museum this weekend and was glad I went.  Recommend to anyone who hasn't been yet to go check it out.  I liked the post-it concept where people could share their comments. It made the display more interactive and provided insight into opinions of vets who visited the display as well as the impressions of the common tourist. 

Enjoy your visit to Ottawa,
Cheers.

Penny said:
Rice0031 - I saw the Afgh display at the War Museum this weekend and was glad I went.  Recommend to anyone who hasn't been yet to go check it out.  I liked the post-it concept where people could share their comments. It made the display more interactive and provided insight into opinions of vets who visited the display as well as the impressions of the common tourist. 

Enjoy your visit to Ottawa,
Cheers.

I saw it too. They have the sniper rifle used in the longest sniper kill and the G-wagon destroyed by an IED on Dec 12, 2005. Good display.

Please pardon this little highjack, but...
The question here at work is, the Cdn sniper that took out the TB at 2485+m was or was not released for using a .50cal against troops?
Confused and bored at work...
Cheers,

BYT Driver said:
Please pardon this little highjack, but...
The question here at work is, the Cdn sniper that took out the TB at 2485+m was or was not released for using a .50cal against troops?
Confused and bored at work...
Cheers,

Last I heard, said sniper wasn't aiming for the Taliban -- but for the bag he was carrying. I guess he missed  :-\

He WAS not released for using .50cal rounds on troops. That part of the Geneva conventions is well and truly ignored by everyone.

But I do remember reading an article saying he did release. It was for 'other' reasons (I'll leave it at that because I don't know the exact reason).

Anyways, back to the main topic. This looks like a major meet and greet, Des. Better book the biggest open section Darcy's has. George I hope Vern allows you to reach that 10 000th post in time for those free beers. And as for me, I'll be wearing my Tan green Army.ca t-shirt. Mike needs some funds for more t-shirts.

career_radio-checker said:
Mike needs some funds for more t-shirts.

Heehee, maybe some 50/50 tickets or pool on who can drink mich or whoever under the table.    ;D

BYT Driver said:
Heehee, maybe some 50/50 tickets or pool on who can drink mich or whoever under the table.    ;D

Whoa, how did I get brought up in this??  Besides, I don't drink anymore.  I'm trying to put my sailor days behind me.  :blotto:

airmich said:
Whoa, how did I get brought up in this??  Besides, I don't drink under a table anymore.  I'm trying never going to put my sailor days behind me.  :blotto:
There ya go, fixed  ;D

stirpot.gif

Once a sailor.....???
Just kidding folks... ;D

Just trying to help pay for your guys' soiree.... :p

muah, ha-ah-ha-ha...we almost have her...soon she will be one of us.. {in best evil voice}
From the looks of it...I'd say a good time will be had by all.
:D
:D

Back