• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF Combat boots policy 2005-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
sidemount said:
This is from the dress regs:

a. Shoes leather, oxfords, pumps, and boots
ankle shall be clean and shone at all times.

b. Footwear shall be laced as shown in
Figure 2-2-6.

c. Overshoes, high, boots, cold weather
(women’s), or black toe rubbers (optional)
may be worn as required and kept clean.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
Doesn't address combat boots.

Rheostatic said:
Doesn't address combat boots.

Yes my understanding is those regulations cover boots for DEU's as it is under the service dress section of the dress regulations

Check out 2-2-1 on Appearance. Under Deportment, para 3, Military presence. Personnel in uniform shall be well groomed, with footwear cleaned and shone. And it continues on.

10 Years-In. I've never been told to "shine" my combat boots, and I don't think I've seen many in passing.

The one glaring exception would be during 2 of my 4 years at RMC. We had a super-keen Sgt Maj who shined his combat boots to an almost mirror gloss. However, he flat out told the entire Cadet Wing that "You're not supposed to shine your combat boots! I do, but that's just me So do as I say, not as I do!" or something like that...

God he was a terrifying man...

Lumber said:
10 Years-In. I've never been told to "shine" my combat boots, and I don't think I've seen many in passing.

The one glaring exception would be during 2 of my 4 years at RMC. We had a super-keen Sgt Maj who shined his combat boots to an almost mirror gloss. However, he flat out told the entire Cadet Wing that "You're not supposed to shine your combat boots! I do, but that's just me So do as I say, not as I do!" or something like that...

God he was a terrifying man...

I thought the current style black boots weren't to be shined but to use that green-tin silicone (?) stuff? 

Same...14 years and have always been told to avoid a shine. High gloss shine on combat boots is right out of er.
Ive been on parade with some who spit shone the old mk3s and they stuck out...the Sgt Maj came right aboard them.

I've always been told, and now tell that black and clean is fine. Unless they have tan boots...which is a whole other story.

Dimsum said:
I thought the current style black boots weren't to be shined but to use that green-tin silicone (?) stuff?

That paste is for the Wet Weather Boots.

I've heard from a reliable source that the CAF will be returning to Black Mk 4 leather combat boots except they'll come with vVbram soles and speed laces. And of course will be the only authorized boots to wear  ;D

Jarnhamar said:
I've heard from a reliable source that the CAF will be returning to Black Mk 4 leather combat boots except they'll come with vVbram soles and speed laces. And of course will be the only authorized boots to wear  ;D
This would be a good thing.  Except for the only authorized boots part;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarnhamar said:

Then they would no longer be Mk 4's.......Mk 5's anyone?

sidemount said:
Same...14 years and have always been told to avoid a shine. High gloss shine on combat boots is right out of er.
Ive been on parade with some who spit shone the old mk3s and they stuck out...the Sgt Maj came right aboard them.

I've always been told, and now tell that black and clean is fine. Unless they have tan boots...which is a whole other story.

God I'm getting old. I remember having to have my MKIII combat boots highly shone (brush shine only) and my combats creased. It was a pain in the ass but on the other hand,  one didn't get these people with chewed up boots and wrinkly combat. Part me wants to go back to proper walking out dress that sets a high standard of dress and deportment. Not a huge part, mind you, but part of me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the back-story with this choice of boots?

Attachments

• 15086 2.jpg
    15086 2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 4,693
I'd bet there is a maroon beret on the head that is cut off the picture;  most jump/airborne units were the bloused combat boots in CFs/DEUs.  If its a tan beret, well I guess the jump qual'd folks in CSOR in Army DEU/jump positions are allowed to wear the bloused combat boot in DEU.

Eye In The Sky said:
I'd bet there is a maroon beret on the head that is cut off the picture;  most jump/airborne units were the bloused combat boots in CFs/DEUs.

Tan berret.

There's nothing (I could find with a search) in 265 about this, so a guess is its in a C Army, Base or Unit dress instruction as to the who/when is authorized this variation of DEU.  Can't remember if the RCD Jump Troop was auth this...but normal for jumpers AFAIK.

As Eliminator pointed out the person is from CANSOFCOM, hence the no face in the picture. They now blouse their DEUs into a type of jump point.

Rgr that...figured it one maroon or tan.  Should have guessed tan beret with the badges and GCS-Exp on his DEU. 

Nothing new for jumpers to wear combat boots with pants bloused in CFs/DEUs.  Obviously an older picture with the guys in tans, from the CAR FB page.

Attachments

• 247400_200939453282115_1973327_n.jpg
    247400_200939453282115_1973327_n.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 8,830
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back