• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CF doesn't care what degree you have or what entry plan you came in under.

The Seneca program is just another recruitment tool.  All your training will be done with everyone else in Sask or Manitoba. You will be enrolled on day one as an Officer Cadet, once you get your degree you will be commissioned.

I recommend you visit a recruiting centre in Ontario - maybe Ottawa would be a good starting location.

yeah well thats pretty much what im planning next , no disrespect on the Recruitment center here in Quebec City ... but the academics from Quebec to ontario are verry different , i might try to call / email ottawa first , and if it becomes to hard ill drive up there , its only 4h , not a big deal haha !

krimynal said:
but the academics from Quebec to ontario are verry different

Its not really relevant to all the questions you have been asking. It is also rather simple. No disrespect towards you but, as i said by PM, I am certain that you just haven't grasped what recruiters have said to you.

my point exactly why i want to go see an other recruiter , maybe i just didnt understand right and i might understand more with an other one ... i also havnt even spoke once about doing a degree in Ontario , he told me the Seneca College or that i could do Cegep + University to enlist for pilot ( well thats what i understood )

Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

I'm just curious to see who on here is currently applying for, or has been accepted into, the new CEOTP Pilot program (the CF/Seneca program).

Figured it would be good to touch base and exchange information regarding deadlines, processes, selection board dates, etc.

My process thus far can be found here
Coles notes:  Waiting to be merit listed.

Does anyone have any concrete (as concrete as it can be) information as to when the next selection board for CEOTP is?

Cheers.

- Justin

Well after many years of hard work, and waiting patiently I'm excited to say my CT/OT for Pilot has gone through.  CT'd into CEOTP-AEADS Seneca program.  Starting BMOQ-Mod 2 in December, with PFT to follow immediately afterwards.  Needless to say, I'm pretty excited!!

Cheers,

Bdr. Ofstie

Congrats!!! Did you just find out today?!! I'm still in a holding pattern anxiously waiting every day. Oh well. Lucky you!!

ET30 -

I found out last week, and received my official offer today.  Are you CT/OT'ing or a Civvy applicant?  If you are a CT/OT and are 3's qualified then you will most likely receive an Initial Assessment Period (IAP) Bypass and will go straight to MOD 2 BMOQ.  If this is the case there is lots of time to get your offer yet, as there are two BMOQ courses running this fall with  the first MOD-2 starting  OCT. 1 and the second course MOD2 starting December 5.  But if you are a civvy applicant off the street the last start date for the full BMOQ this year is Sept. 24.  Hopefully you get some good news soon!  Typically they throw this stuff at you last minute, but I pushed my file manager in D MIL C for an answer because I needed to give my civilian employer as much notice as possible.  Seems to have worked in my situation.  Hopefully you hear something soon!  Good Luck!

Cheers 

I'm a CT, hopefully a full PLQ will grant the whole BMOQ bypass. Although I've heard mixed reviews about this happening... I was told unofficially that they're just waiting for the 1 CAD MOSID advisor to decide where I'll do the OJT.  But that was three weeks ago and I thought I'd have heard something by now. Oh well. It seems most candidates from my ASC course off the street have their offers and a few CT's without PLQ have theirs so it's just myself and a few others that are waiting. I guess there's not much more I can do but cross my fingers!

ET30 - 

You should receive a complete BMOQ bypass.  They're getting a lot better at doing PLAR's and with PLQ complete you SHOULD and most likely will bypass St. Jean entirely.  If that's the case, you've got lots of time as the first batch of Seneca candidates are supposed to be on PFT in portage early in 2013 so you may not hear anything right away.  I've had to push people and stay on top of my file every step of the way to ensure things were happening with my CT.  I pushed my file manager in D MIL C for an answer in the last few weeks as I needed to give as much notice to my civvy employer as possible.  You could certainly try to push them for an answer, but they are totally swamped right now trying to get all these offers out so you may just get stonewalled.  Good luck!

Cheers 

Hey,

I'm working through the application process for the new CEOTP Pilot program. 

I'd like to chat with some current students already at Seneca.  If any are on the forum, could you please PM me? 

Much appreciated!  Thanks!

hootbag said:
Hey,

I'm working through the application process for the new CEOTP Pilot program. 

I'd like to chat with some current students already at Seneca.  If any are on the forum, could you please PM me? 

Much appreciated!  Thanks!

Hootbag,

The Ab-initio batch of RCAF-Seneca students are currently just on their BMOQ or will be starting it shortly.  There are no RCAF candidates currently at Seneca, and won't be until next fall.  You could talk to Civilian Seneca Students if you like, but the RCAF- Air Environmental Affiliated Degree at Seneca is vastly different from their Civilian Commercial Aviation program.

Cheers,

Rob

Ok, thanks Rob.  I was under the impression they were already in class.  Will PFT follow BMOQ?

Yes, the idea is to have PFT done before the first acedemic year at Seneca.  None of the Seneca candidates that I know have been course loaded yet or given any firm dates on PFT.  But it's safe to say it will happend sometime over the Spring/Summer 2013. 

Cheers,

Rob

PFT during the summer?  Better get in line with the ROTP crowd.  Summer is the busiest time at CWATC - lots of students and plenty of delays. Fingers crossed....

Firstly, if this is in the wrong thread then mods please feel free to delete this topic. Sorry in advance.

I am wondering if the CEOTP Seneca pilot partnership is still going on? Based on my research, both on these forums and elsewhere, I have been getting mixed reviews. Some say it is closed and only opened if the supply in the ROTP route is not fulfilled. Others say it is open and are currently taking in applications. I have tried calling my local recruiter, but it seems like I never get threw, so I figured if anyone has any knowledge on this could come through. Also, it is to my understanding that you must undergo Seneca's pre-tests before you actually start the course. Are these tests done after you send your application to the forces, or is it done beforehand by Seneca?

Thanks

CEOTP Pilot is still open for this year and accepting applications.  They are also processing for 2013 at this time too....

Does anyone know if Seneca College or the CF will grant any credit from previous University, Commercial or ATPL licenses, or other prior learning towards the aviation technology degree?

hootbag said:
Does anyone know if Seneca College or the CF will grant any credit from previous University, Commercial or ATPL licenses, or other prior learning towards the aviation technology degree?

That is what the PLAR (prior learning and recognition) process is for.  The CF has a PLAR process for granting qualifications and almost universally post-secondary institutions  have one for previous learning (sometimes its just a simple matter of transferring credit).  No one here can tell you for sure if anything you have done previously will be granted to you.  You need to go through the process and see what happens.  And before you ask, there will be information on Seneca's website on how to request a PLAR, so look it up and speak to them.

anyone know when the first round of selections take place for the ceotp program? Heard it is in april?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back