• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CH-146 Griffon

My error on the date, as it was Captain Robert Lovett who was Sara's dad that passed in that crash.
Ack, wasn’t sure. Yeah, I once spoke to a CF Flight Safety Investigator who had heard the ATC tapes. Not good. But the positive from the crash was a redesigned combining transmission that would maintain the integrity of the synchronization shaft even if the main bevel gear failed.

Would appear the request for information is out for the griffon replacement. All options on the table including a mixed manned/unmanned fleet

Like this?

Would appear the request for information is out for the griffon replacement. All options on the table including a mixed manned/unmanned fleet

I hear that Australia is getting rid of some helicopters.

Maybe we could save some money if we bought their used fleet of Taipans so we don't, you know, look too 'American'? ;)

Maybe we could save some money if we bought their used fleet of Taipans so we don't, you know, look too 'American'? ;)

1669565633368.gif

Perfect throw in the C130J they are binning too. And tigers too! They look too mean so those won't work.

Perfect throw in the C130J they are binning too. And tigers too! They look too mean so those won't work.
Want to take a guess what international aerospace conglomerate influenced the Australian government to get a directed contract award to provide in-service support for the RAAF’s Lockheed C-130Js?

Hint: NOT Lockheed.

Hint #2: Same maker as the MRH-90 Taipan and Tigre AH.

Yup…..

No, those don't work because they were lemons. They never reached FOC.
Yeap, also the Europeans couldn't supply spare parts etc in a timely manner. The logistics chain was a mess, so now they are going with apache's. Now if only we listened ti the senate defense committee and did the same.

Why spend money on hardly used airframes (even if they don’t spend much time in the air) when we could probably convince the Americans to just give us 85 of the Black Hawks they retire for free?

<mumble mumble mumble> “something about NORAD?” <mumble mumble mumble>

I was reading my tea leaves this morning and asked my empty cup, what kind of helicopter will the Canadian Government force the Canadian Armed Forces to buy?
It came up with a stripped down Bell 525 because it is partly made in the Montreal area. The tea leaves told me there was no need to look beyond that model because of the made in Quebec sticker that would be placed on it.

I have no doubts in my mind the replacement will come out of the Montreal area. This is the latest bird on their site.
Just my thoughts

I was reading my tea leaves this morning and asked my empty cup, what kind of helicopter will the Canadian Government force the Canadian Armed Forces to buy?
It came up with a stripped down Bell 525 because it is partly made in the Montreal area. The tea leaves told me there was no need to look beyond that model because of the made in Quebec sticker that would be placed on it.

I have no doubts in my mind the replacement will come out of the Montreal area. This is the latest bird on their site.
Just my thoughts
“It’s at least as good as what you have now” “open and fair process” “IRB”

“It’s at least as good as what you have now” “open and fair process” “IRB”
On paper it can carry around 3x as many troops as the Griffon can, AND it's made in Quebec?

Tell your tea cup to come up with a different future for us, pretty please? (Since its magic, I'm assuming it can also do this?)

Just my thoughts
If it was up to Canada, possibly/likely. That was then…

Canada has proven to other Western nations that it cannot be trusted to act responsibly or contribute its share, rather it had made an art of riding on others’ coattails.

‘Canada’ will most likely get whatever the US Army’s FVL program gets…just like it’s getting F-35s, and will soon get P-8s, etc. see the developing pattern?

If it was up to Canada, possibly/likely. That was then…

Canada has proven to other Western nations that it cannot be trusted to act responsibly or contribute its share, rather it had made an art of riding on others’ coattails.

‘Canada’ will most likely get whatever the US Army’s FVL program gets…just like it’s getting F-35s, and will soon get P-8s, etc. see the developing pattern?
I hope you are right but I fear the talk of us being read the riot act is just that talk. How long since we said we are looking at increasing spending and nothing has been done? Where is the F35 contract? Where is the MRTT contract? P8 should be another slam dunk

Back