• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harper wants a pretty white plane ...

CDN Aviator said:
Airplanes are repainted at certain intervals in their maintenance cycle. What was being proposed is that the next time she goes in, she gets repainted, just as it normally would, just in a new scheme.

Roger that.

Makes more sense that way. It's maybe my severe disappointment with Harper since election that has me picturing a man child wanting to paint a plane.

Let's keep in mind that all CC-150s are used at one time or another for sustainment/RiP flights, support to national and international commitments and whatever else comes up. To "sex up" on and keep it solely at the behest of the PM is not likely to happen. The most that might happen is during depot level maint it'll probably get the same paint as the VIP challengers so it looks like the boss will have some street cred on the flight line.

How about this idea we give Prime Minister Harper sole use of a plane more to his status as a leader. a Piper Cub. and he can paint it any way he wants.

Fixed for Etiquette.

my72jeep said:
How about this idea we give Prime Minister Harper sole use of a plane more to his status as a leader. a Piper Cub. and he can paint it any way he wants.

Fixed for Etiquette.

Wow.  It appears that I have finally found a reason to research the ignore function.

PPCLI Guy said:
Wow.  It appears that I have finally found a reason to research the ignore function.
Go right ahead.
We all have the right to say what we want as part of any post as long as we break no site rules. and my comnet shows how much I believe Prime Minister Harper needs his own plane.

For anyone who thinks a new paint job with the landscape of Canada pictured (it's not just the Rockies pictured, but the most prominent landscapes) will cost the same as any kind of plain job, get a grip.  Things like that cost more money because....well, they LOOK like they should cost more.  Whoever submits a tender for that will milk it for all it is worth.

my72jeep said:
Go right ahead.
We all have the right to say what we want as part of any post as long as we break no site rules. and my comnet shows how much I believe Prime Minister Harper needs his own plane.

Trust me - your comnet says it all..

Design Number 2 generally works for me.

The monarchist in me is partial to the Tate and Lyle's on the engine cowls. 

I agree that there should be no party political associations - The stylized maple leaf of the flag is adequate to the cause. 

CANADA as an identifier is adequate. 

The other two designs look like the aborted product of an unholy union between a WW1 RN Dazzle Painter and the Lethbridge Transit authority marketing department.

Quick question:  In the event of necessity how many hours would an aircraft have to be out of service to be repainted in a "proper" subdued colour scheme?

Also - from an aerial identification point of view - what would be the effect of using Flat White, rather than Gloss White?

The other two designs look like the aborted product of an unholy union between a WW1 RN Dazzle Painter and the Lethbridge Transit authority marketing department.
:rofl:
Milpoints inbound.

Is this the new livery?

60120_1369952555.jpg

Source: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7611588

Towards_the_gap said:
[joke]
*stamps foot in anglo-saxon rage, invokes the ghost of Henry V* Why is the French lettering first???
[/joke]

I wondered that myself until I remembered U comes before V in the alphabet.

But it is pretty isn't it?

SherH2A said:
I wondered that myself until I remembered U comes before V in the alphabet.

But it is pretty isn't it?

Well that was a sensible, pedestrian explanation! Guess I can put my theory of franco-supremicist plane painters to bed...

E.R. Campbell said:
Is this the new livery?

60120_1369952555.jpg

Source: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7611588

I would guess that the paint job was tendered out to a Quebec contractor who did not know that the aircraft was flown by a English unit, as well as did not know that Canadian Armed Forces policy is that the language used by that a unit was to precede the second official language.  But who has to follow the Regulations these days?

Then again, what is painted on the other side of the aircraft?  A reversal?

It's ridiculous, but I think "Canjet" when I see that plane in its new livery.

Being a bilingual country, does it really matter that the french came first?  ::)

Surprised the PMO didn't go with "GOUVERNMENT DU HARPER /HARPER GOVERNMENT."  ;)

Back