• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harper wants a pretty white plane ...

Well, call me supercilious but, to me other than the presence of the roundel (which most ignorant people will not readily associate with the military), nothing on this plane shows it to be part of the Royal Canadian Air Force (heck! That name does not even appear on the plane). It could be from any department of the government and it would look no different.

George Wallace said:
.... But who has to follow the Regulations these days? ....
Oooh, oooh, I know the answer to this one ....
E.R. Campbell said:
milnews.ca said:
I don't know if it rates that much ink, but I think it's fair to ask:  who must follow the TB's rules?  I'm guessing I know the answer if other gov't folks asked for one-sided biz cards that would be handy for writing things on the back of, and not bearing the Common Look & Feel elements.  Just sayin'....
Relatively low level civil servants?

>Why is the French lettering first?

It's a practice which promotes brevity.  Many short phrases can be rendered as "[french] [common] [english]".

Example: "Gouvernment du Harper Government".

Humph.

I prefer my airplanes, grey, sooty and slightly oil covered (it shows you that there is still some oil left inside the airplane).

Not that I get a vote, but- not a fan of this paint scheme.

Brad Sallows said:
>Why is the French lettering first?

It's a practice which promotes brevity.  Many short phrases can be rendered as "[french] [common] [english]".

Example: "Gouvernment du Harper Government".

Definitely an  improvement  over my crude effort.  :)

GAP said:
Being a bilingual country, does it really matter that the french came first?  ::)

It is the etiquette that the language spoken by the unit comes first and the second official language comes second.

I am guessing that the language is reversed on the other side.

Also guessing that the PMO is pissed that they didn't get to do the Big Reveal themselves...

SeaKingTacco said:
Humph.

I prefer my airplanes, grey, sooty and slightly oil covered (it shows you that there is still some oil left inside the airplane).

+1

dapaterson said:
.... guessing that the PMO is pissed that they didn't get to do the Big Reveal themselves...
:nod:

SeaKingTacco said:
Humph.

In a similar vein, I prefer mine green, slightly rattly, with a spinny bit on top and big green ropes hanging from either side.. and leaving oil spots on the apron......

...at least I did. I guess now I prefer em with red lights and sirens. Greener pastures and all.....

While I like the discreet red maple leaf on the ? winglet (aerodynamic thing on end of wing), the Canadian flags on the door and tail look like overkill to me.

CombatDoc said:
the Canadian flags on the door and tail look like overkill to me.

Probably a photoop thing, door is open with the stairs in place, PM steps out and usually pictures are taken so he's standing right beside the flag.

Well, since CFB Edmonton is raising the Rainbow flag in support of Gay Pride for the Father's day weekend, I don't see why we can't paint a series of small flags all along the fuselage... ala warrior flag, matis flag, rainbow flag, maybe even the provincial and territories flags.  :evil:

dapaterson said:
I am guessing that the language is reversed on the other side.
Not according to the attached, from the same source.

Towards_the_gap said:
yes but in that photo the english is nearer the front (bow??) of the plane. ;D
Good point, even if it's still French first.

I don't get the blue.  Red, white and blue is the colours of our neighbours.  Why not just red and white?

Infanteer said:
I don't get the blue.  Red, white and blue is the colours of our neighbours.  Why not just red and white?

Blue is the colour of the Conservative Party........ >:D

Back