• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

Being right near a major ex I would think we have more important things to deal with. Don't get me stated on the boot fiasco... I could angrily rant for a long time.

PPCLI Guy said:
Ok - that is retarded.  I see the Bde SM most days, and he is wearing the new pants, bloused (which I think is dumb).  I am fairly certain he will be in the field for about 4 weeks starting next week, and based on previous sightings, he and the Bde Comd will both have unbloused pants the whole time they are in the field - and if I know them, the pants will stay unbloused when the CDS visits...........

I know a few people in 1 VP - perhaps I can get to the bottom of this.

As I've posted and trolled on many occasions on different topics on this forum: why do we blouse our combat pants?  Where does it say we must and if the Clothe the soldier program came out with pants that aren't supposed to be bloused then why are we wearing them BLOUSED?!?!? AAAAHHHHHH!!!

Can you maybe push higher and see what the Army's plan really is with these? (or ask the RSM as that's his "thing"?)

Bzzliteyr said:
As I've posted and trolled on many occasions on different topics on this forum: why do we blouse our combat pants?  Where does it say we must and if the Clothe the soldier program came out with pants that aren't supposed to be bloused then why are we wearing them BLOUSED?!?!? AAAAHHHHHH!!!

Can you maybe push higher and see what the Army's plan really is with these? (or ask the RSM as that's his "thing"?)

Officially, we aren't supposed to blouse our combat trousers.  For whatever reason, unlike belts, socks, bootlaces, and insoles, boot bands never made it into the supply system. That's why boot bands are only available for purchase at CANEX. And even worse, troops are pressured to buy them!

That's right, everyone, boot bands are in fact the original non-issue kit that is only worn for the look cool factor.

Ostrozac said:
Officially, we aren't supposed to blouse our combat trousers.  For whatever reason, unlike belts, socks, bootlaces, and insoles, boot bands never made it into the supply system. That's why boot bands are only available for purchase at CANEX. And even worse, troops are pressured to buy them!

That's right, everyone, boot bands are in fact the original non-issue kit that is only worn for the look cool factor.

There is no obligation though as (in my case this morning as I forgot my boot bands) we have laces in our pants we can use to "blouse" them.

Our enemies have bloused their trousers:
German-Soldiers-Break-Dancing1.jpg

We have bloused our trousers:
ortona_b1.jpg

Our potential adversaries in the Cold War bloused their trousers:
article-1209137-062FAF08000005DC-31_634x426.jpg

I doubt we did so for universality of fashion.  I think it has more to do with keeping the bottom of your trousers from wearing and tearing.  Does it mean we have to?  No.  But irrespective of what Ostrozac says, there was a reason for it.  But...."because that's how we've always done it" is no reason to do anything. 

It really is quite simple.  To prolong the life of the pants by keeping them clean (not caked with mud), not worn from dragging on the ground, and to avoid a good majority of low growing plants that may catch them on barbs.......and the LCF  :nod:  Capt Kirk bloused his pants, and he hasn't even been born yet.  ;D

Seen today a young Royal wearing standard Cadpat pants with small pocket down by ankles. Thought it was ICU but it had outside buttons on leg pockets and no knee pad holder. This and private boots must drive RSMs to distraction!

Thats different, I see your at CTC Lightguns, they are issuing the new pants here in Gagetown in certain sizes. Maybe what you saw was the new pants.

Perhaps when new pants are issued they can issue some common sense to those that need it.

My sarcastic  :2c:

ObedientiaZelum said:
When you get 10 extra duties because the top set of eyelets of your boots aren't done up (true story) THEN you can suggest such a thing.

Mate please tell me you're joking and that you've just posted this as a complete piss take. If not that's bloody ridiculous.

ObedientiaZelum said:
When you get 10 extra duties because the top set of eyelets of your boots aren't done up (true story) THEN you can suggest such a thing.

Only ten?  Discipline is slipping....

X_para76 said:
Mate please tell me you're joking and that you've just posted this as a complete piss take. If not that's bloody ridiculous.

It's not.

I did 21 for wearing Rocky boots and another faux pas. I do not doubt his story for a minute.

Jim Seggie said:
I did 21 for wearing Rocky boots and another faux pas.

For 21 extras, hopefully your other faux pas involved the RSM's daughter. :-D

So if a CF member is wearing kit they are not entitled to find out if it's issued to them.

If it's not issued to them ding them for mixing issued and non-issued kit.

If they are wearing kit that was issued for which they are not entitled to then investigate and ding whoever issued it to them.

It may seem like a trivial thing but there are plenty of people who have shit like goretext socks and ranger blankets issued to them which they have for the sake of having it while guys and girls who spend a month or more living outside don't have it issued.

Another problem with phasing in something like this Improved Combat Uniform is that it temps people to damage their current uniform's in order to qualify them for exchange with the hopes of getting the new shit.

IMO this should be done in phases where a whole unit gets the stuff issued.
I think that would stop people from destroying stuff on purpose and also ensure you get both a top and bottom uniform so you don't look mismatched and stupid.

I'm in the process of sewing my cargo pocket back on because I'm afraid if I exchange my pants, and by some stroke of epic luck they actually have my size (I'm a 33, last I was told I would have to go up to a 38 ), I'll get a brand new pair of pants which I won't wear until I get a new shirt.

Maybe one of those awesome, hard-working Mods can separate all the "CIC  :'(  posts" and move them to the Cadet threads.  :dunno:

Or,

GET BACK ON TOPIC FOLKS.......NOW!

[that might save me some work]

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Or,

GET BACK ON TOPIC FOLKS.......NOW!

[that might save me some work]
(Roger, and hopefully OT)

Query for anyone in clothing. 

My "old school" Cadpat is rather...ragged.  To the point of being almost embarrassing.  Going quickly from translucent to transparent.  So, my question: how much longer do I have to wear these threads?  Or is the ICU going to be issued any day now in Gagetown?

Thanks

ICU is being issued in Gagetown.  My daughter came of MATA in Sep 13 and got the whole works in 3 suits.  She is still struggling with the pads!  She is base side as well, not a field unit.

So what changes made their way onto the final issue version? I heard some features that were prominent on the ppt were dropped before mass production commenced.

Back