• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LGBTQ Stuff (split from other political threads)

I did,....just correcting you when you said they were disqualified for testosterone, which was incorrect.

Just saw this while trying to search for more info on rulings and such, looks like we may not have this controversy at the next games.

IOC: New International Federation is needed for the Olympic Games LA 2028​

la2028logos.jpg

The International Olympic Committee released a strong statement today about the future of Olympic Boxing.

“Boxing is not currently on the sports programme for the Olympic Games LA28. In order to remedy this, the IOC needs to have a partner IF for boxing by early 2025.”

“To keep boxing on the Olympic programme, the IOC needs a recognised and reliable IF as a partner, as with all the other Olympic sports.

The establishment of such a new federation, which respects the IOC conditions for recognition, is now in the hands of the National Boxing Federations and their National Olympic Committees (NOCs). Every National Boxing Federation and NOC that wants its boxers to make their Olympic dreams a reality and win medals at Los Angeles 2028 will now have to take the necessary decisions. The NOCs and National Boxing Federations thus hold the future of Olympic boxing in their own hands, and the required actions cannot be clearer.”

Boxing Canada is proud to have already take this step in partnering with World Boxing as the only pathway to LA2028.

Nice smug "I'm so much better then all of you" response.......have you seen her parts, or are you just reading the news like the rest of us?

But whom has failed gender testing before in prior competitions for having xy chromosomes. You know, like born men have....to be continued I'm sure.
I’m not better than you or anyone else here. I’m simply asking whether this is about that particular culture war bullshit or some other culture war bullshit. I wasn’t accusing you of trans panic, or calling army.ca one of the “dumber corners of the internet”, I’m just speaking more broadly to what I’ve seen bandied about on this subject today. There’s been a flurry of activity from various high profile figures claiming falsely that she’s trans. I’m not gonna coddle that and pretend that shit take is one that should be treated courteously.

She’s been medically cleared to compete in prior olympics and these ones, and a multitude of other events. The IOC stripped the IBA of its accreditation to oversee Olympic qualifications before any of this went down, so claims against her legitimacy by the IBA are questionable without corroboration. The IOC and the Algerian committee have confirmed her eligibility. Algeria is not exactly a jurisdiction friendly to the notion or reality of being trans.

The Olympics have long stopped being a competition of a sample of normal people- pretty much anyone there is playing with a fantastically fortunate hand of cards genetically, to the extent that it suits them for their chosen sport(s). It’s a contest of the biggest, strongest, fastest, best coordinated etc. No surprise that there will be some who stand out more than others.

Obviously it is......and I'm sorry, but it may be a discussionable topic with either swimming, running, etc, but we are talking about getting beaten until you can no longer continue here.

Man beats up woman.....no
Trans beats up woman...yes??
All reporting that I’ve seen suggests we are discussing a woman who was born with a vagina and who identifies as a woman. Why is she being called transgender, and why is she being discussed in this thread?

All reporting that I’ve seen suggests we are discussing a woman who was born with a vagina and who identifies as a woman. Why is she being called transgender, and why is she being discussed in this thread?
My guess? The person who tangentially introduced the topic has their twitter feed inundated with as much "biological male transwoman boxer beats up biological female boxer" propaganda bullshit as mine is (literally every other post on my twitter feed has been nothing but posts spreading the narrative that she is a man). The poster, it seems, agreed with the angry sentiment that a transwoman was allowed to compete against a biological woman and that that should not be allowed, and posted a supportive, albeit passive aggressive, meme to that effect.

Is this about the Algerian boxer who was born a woman and has been a woman her whole life yet is some how triggering more trans panic in the dumb corners of the internet?
That issue has brought it to light, but the issue has been simmering for a long time. Hell I remember people questioning some of the Soviet "women athletes" back in the day.
Perhaps we need another category so athletes with some advantages are paired more equally. For a world class athlete to bow out of a match they have worked years to get to in 45 seconds for a safety issue, tells me that something is wrong.

Either men's and women's segregated sports should continue being that way because of biological differences that can be measured objectively, or there's no need for segregation. If segregation is necessary, it ought to be rigorous and complete. It has nothing to do with identity or lifestyle.

That issue has brought it to light, but the issue has been simmering for a long time. Hell I remember people questioning some of the Soviet "women athletes" back in the day.
Perhaps we need another category so athletes with some advantages are paired more equally. For a world class athlete to bow out of a match they have worked years to get to in 45 seconds for a safety issue, tells me that something is wrong.
East German women too

How did we get here? Is the drive to dominate such that nations will tacitly and in the USSR case actively supporting cheating? Like I have said its not about fairness. Or even winning. Its about dominance.

Either men's and women's segregated sports should continue being that way because of biological differences that can be measured objectively, or there's no need for segregation. If segregation is necessary, it ought to be rigorous and complete. It has nothing to do with identity or lifestyle.
On that note, I have no idea why chess (yes, it’s not an Olympic sport) is segregated by gender.

It’ll be interesting to see if Breaking is segregated or not. I’m not sure what the metrics are for points though.

On that note, I have no idea why chess (yes, it’s not an Olympic sport) is segregated by gender.

It’ll be interesting to see if Breaking is segregated or not. I’m not sure what the metrics are for points though.
In 1976 in Montreal the only female athlete not gender tested was......

Princess Anne - equestrian events.

A social media post I saw sums up my views.

In 2020 Imane Khelif lost in the quarterfinals against Irish participant Kellie Harrington.
She’s not this unbeatable testosterone ridden monster.
She just trained hard and hit her opponent harder.
She represents the country of Algeria.
It is illegal to be trans there, which is an issue of its own.
They would not have sent a trans athlete to compete.

The suggestion that i read is that Khelif has an intersex condition like 5-ARD. True or not I have no idea at this point.

I think Chess is separated because like athletics at the higher competitive levels it is dominated by men

No, there's nothing wrong at all. Imane is not some herculean beast; she's lost plenty of matches against other women.

And we already have a category for athletes with advantages. It's called the Olympics.

The biological differences cant be measured and a definitely line drawn in the sand. The only reason we have segregated sports is because at the macro scale, men have a higher biological POTENTIAL than women to be, on average, stronger/faster/bigger, etc. Michael Phelps has biological advantages that far exceed what would be expected from the average Olympic level male swimmer. Should he have been disqualified?

No, there's nothing wrong at all. Imane is not some herculean beast; she's lost plenty of matches against other women.

And we already have a category for athletes with advantages. It's called the Olympics.

The biological differences cant be measured and a definitely line drawn in the sand. The only reason we have segregated sports is because at the macro scale, men have a higher biological POTENTIAL than women to be, on average, stronger/faster/bigger, etc. Michael Phelps has biological advantages that far exceed what would be expected from the average Olympic level male swimmer. Should he have been disqualified?
What do you mean that they can't be measured? Do you mean that they are bimodal? It's more than potential it's more like realized potential. What separate class would you suggest putting Phelps into a man some of whoose records are being broken right now as we speak? The Olympics aren't a separate category of competition that exists on its own

In discussions like this words like panic and outraged often get used as a "when did you stop beating your wife?" device.
In my case as the guy who used it, I was referring with scorn to a certain subset of society - easily found online - for whom issues like the public existence of trans people consume an inordinate amount of their interest and concern, and generate a disproportionate amount of retaliatory noise, frequently not based in fact. This issue with the Algerian boxer has been an absolutely stellar example of it. Not with anything that’s been posted here, just to be clear. But it’s very easy without any real effort to find some prominent people being pretty awful on the subject with this as a springboard, facts notwithstanding.

Back