• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LGBTQ Stuff (split from other political threads)

In my case as the guy who used it, I was referring with scorn to a certain subset of society - easily found online - for whom issues like the public existence of trans people consume an inordinate amount of their interest and concern, and generate a disproportionate amount of retaliatory noise, frequently not based in fact. This issue with the Algerian boxer has been an absolutely stellar example of it.
That's fair. There's certainly people who do freak out and go to extremes over this stuff. I've also seen panic and outraged used more as gaslighting, which is a dishonest debating tactic. That's all I meant.

EDIT: and I'm the first to say this has brought out some ugliness in those bigoted morons who exist in this imperfect world, doesn't mean the rest of us can't have a fair discussion about the whole trans competing in women's sports talk.
Absolutely. That was just never the discussion attached to the facts of this case.

How do people who argued what gonads you have are irreverent, but all of a sudden "she has a vagina" is the rally cry?
See what I did there?
People who argued that gonads are irrelevant to gender would be able to accept she is a woman regardless of her gonads while pointing out the irreconcilable position of those people who are arguing that gonads matter but she is a man despite having a vagina.

If their external genitalia are resemble that of a female but internally they have functioning testes and no internal female reproductive structures, are they female or male?
If they haven’t figured out already, they will be in for a shock at puberty then they develop facial hair, voice cracking, an adams apple, and no breasts. The person will experience significant angst as a key aspect of their identity is up-ended. If you believe that gender is binary and immutable, then this is an irresolvable paradox.

I understand there are a few real world examples of such discoveries in youths. Where it happens “transgender” would not be an appropriate label to describe the person (even if they pursue a medical path to align with a particular gender).

I any case, information does not support that IBC conducted invasive testing to determine if any woman had internal testes in lieu of ovaries.

Meanwhile, from the IBA (also archived here) .....

This all goes away with a 3rd party test (WADA, etc) that can dispute the IBA results especially for chromosome types. "I had clean tests before" is a shit strawman that's been used by years of dopers in sport after they get caught, it's why they freeze samples.

Back