• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

As much as I find it difficult to have sympathy for the LPC in this situation, I don’t see this as “good”. They more often than not form government in this country and the vast majority of voters in this country do not vote based on the parties’ positions on Israel/Palestinians. In this scenario, I see a Team Hamas LPC winning elections and causing problems that most Canadians don’t care about.

But the wedge is being driven into more than just the Liberal Party; it is being driven into Canadian society, too. That's not so good.
Yes, but even before it was being driven into the party, the party was doing it to Canada. They are just now having to deal with the direct consequences of their actions.

I refuse to feel bad for the party that made wedge politics their signature move.

If the Liberals had any backbone they would just fire the staffers. We dont need two post modernist/marxists parties in Canada. Lets just put all the delusional Hamas supporters in one and let it be known so that i dont vote for them
If this happened on Team Blue or Team Orange, I suspect they wouldn't be long for the political payroll for sure. Don't like the politics? You're hired to politic, so GTFO.

The internal tensions causing this are also, I suspect, making an already risk-averse Team Red even more hesitant about dumping their sorry asses.

If this happened on Team Blue or Team Orange, I suspect they wouldn't be long for the political payroll for sure. Don't like the politics? You're hired to politic, so GTFO.

The internal tensions causing this are also, I suspect, making an already risk-averse Team Red even more hesitant about dumping their sorry asses.
I dont know? We've seen the Israel issue eat a few already. The Green Party leader, Sarah Jama with the Ontario NDP. Its hard to say with drawing from the politicized university crowd there might not being any anti Hamas people left

Why ? Let's get it all out there. Who are the real anti semites and racists among us ?
I think the issue is more complicated than strictly antisemitic/Islamophobic posturing from either camp.

My views on the whole situation in Israel/Palestine are very much Anti-Hamas, but definitely not a Pro-Israel one either. Those views are strictly political in nature, however, there are purists in both sides of the issue that would call me antisemitic or racist because of it.

Extremism is very much the colour of the day, especially in the West. Its fracturing us into factions of "I'm right, you're wrong, and because you're wrong... you're a terrible human being."

This kind of discord is very much influenced by foreign actors and their proxies; most of whom control their own populations with an iron fist, but use our own free thought and opinion to drive the wedge deeper.

Former MP Marlene Jennings was one of a number of Liberal loyalists who publicly expressed their outrage at the mutiny. “If those staffers actually had the little bit of democratic values/fundamental ethics, they would have resigned en masse,.....
That's a good one. Ethics, even fundamental ethics, Liberals? Marlene you jokester.

Hamas just deliberately EXECUTED 4 men and 2 women (probably abused) just before they could be rescued by the IDF. What kind of people do that? Animals.

And still these Hamas supporters are demonstrating, most with face coverings. The governments at all levels are too cowardly to do anything about it. There must be a law where you can ask a person whose face is covered for ID.

Nice to see how the federal parties display gratitude. I guess there goes the Liberal safety net ;)

The NDP is ending its governance agreement with the Liberals​

Deal that ensured Liberal minority government's survival was the first such agreement at the federal level​

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh is terminating the supply-and-confidence agreement his party made with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Liberal government.

The party made the announcement in a video posted to social media Wednesday afternoon. The deal was scheduled to run until June 2025.

"Justin Trudeau has proven again and again he will always cave to corporate greed. The Liberals have let people down. They don't deserve another chance from Canadians," Singh said in the video, a transcript of which was obtained by CBC News.

"There is another, even bigger battle ahead. The threat of Pierre Poilievre and Conservative cuts. From workers, from retirees, from young people, from patients, from families — he will cut in order to give more to big corporations and wealthy CEOs."

Back