• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

See article by Mr. Martin. PP is hoping for an election to be called because of the carbon tax
"So as much as Poilievre salivates for it, he will not get his election wish for 2023 or possibly even 2024.

The Liberals need another two years to stabilize their Keystone-cops cabinet, plot a new reason for their re-election and hope their Conservative nemesis squanders his huge polling lead with some major gaffes of his own.

Failing that, they desperately hope Justin Trudeau will read all this negative writing on the wall as his political obit — and quit."

This succession of paragraphs, along with the extremely weird title, make it difficult to understand who or what the author is talking about. I assume it's Liberals. I don't think PP is "salivating" for an election in 23 at all. That's kind of a ridiculous proposition.

Martin seems to found this belief on the sole fact that PP called for Trudeau to submit his policy to, essentially, an electoral referendum. Politicians call for others to resign all the time, doesn't mean they actually expect it to happen. It's rhetoric.

NDP will likely wait for the Liberals to crash a bit further down (and maybe even benefit from people already tiring from Tories' early strength), then sabotage the confidence and supply agreement before Trudeau gets Parliament dissolved. In so doing they will have a dual electoral advantage over the Liberals in that they would take the initiative (and receive some sympathy by delivering us from this government), and they would have more room to grow over the Liberals' electoral turf. They'll still suffer from one severe disadvantage: Jagmeet.

23 Jan 23: The $80,000 $54,000,000 App you had to use or risk a fine up to $5000.

ArriveCan contracting appears ‘illogical’ and ‘inefficient,’ Trudeau says

GCStrageties subcontracts to 11 other companies. Then those 11 companies contract out to IT people.

During a press conference on Monday, Trudeau was asked why the government didn’t skip the middle man and contract directly with the companies that hired the IT teams.

“That’s exactly the question that I just asked of the public service,” Trudeau replied.

“Obviously, this is a practice that seems highly illogical and inefficient.”

Who is GCStrageties you ask?

Well it's 2 people, one with a BA in Architecture and one BA in Human Resources, who both work from home.

I used to think of all those dumb sounding adds where some guy is talking about how to get rich quick while they're chilling out in their mansion were full of shit. Apparently, they're just Liberal contractors.
If you really want to be disgusted watch this slime ball slither:

Short Version:

GC STRATEGIES ,S#IT HITS THE FAN ON ARRIVECAN

"So as much as Poilievre salivates for it, he will not get his election wish for 2023 or possibly even 2024.

The Liberals need another two years to stabilize their Keystone-cops cabinet, plot a new reason for their re-election and hope their Conservative nemesis squanders his huge polling lead with some major gaffes of his own.

Failing that, they desperately hope Justin Trudeau will read all this negative writing on the wall as his political obit — and quit."

This succession of paragraphs, along with the extremely weird title, make it difficult to understand who or what the author is talking about. I assume it's Liberals. I don't think PP is "salivating" for an election in 23 at all. That's kind of a ridiculous proposition.

Martin seems to found this belief on the sole fact that PP called for Trudeau to submit his policy to, essentially, an electoral referendum. Politicians call for others to resign all the time, doesn't mean they actually expect it to happen. It's rhetoric.

NDP will likely wait for the Liberals to crash a bit further down (and maybe even benefit from people already tiring from Tories' early strength), then sabotage the confidence and supply agreement before Trudeau gets Parliament dissolved. In so doing they will have a dual electoral advantage over the Liberals in that they would take the initiative (and receive some sympathy by delivering us from this government), and they would have more room to grow over the Liberals' electoral turf. They'll still suffer from one severe disadvantage: Jagmeet.

Agreed, The NDP will prop up the Liberals until the bitter end. They are in no shape to run an election and there is a good chance they will be sent into obscurity and irrelevance in the next election.

Not a confidence motion but it will still put some pressure on the government.
Correct. Unless his nibs decides to make it a confidence vote to get the Liberal MP's to vote against the Motion.

Agreed, The NDP will prop up the Liberals until the bitter end. They are in no shape to run an election and there is a good chance they will be sent into obscurity and irrelevance in the next election.
I can see a case for the NDP cutting their losses. If they prop the LPC up through the LPC's meltdown, it could take the NDP down too.

If they side with the CPC, and say they are working for "average" Canadians struggling with high cost of living, they might siphon off the left leaning LPC folks who would never vote CPC, rather than cede them to the Greens.

If they side with the CPC, and say they are working for "average" Canadians struggling with high cost of living, they might siphon off the left leaning LPC folks who would never vote CPC, rather than cede them to the Greens.
As much as I think that would be the smart play, the NDP is too collectively dumb to do that. Because they fear the Tories more than a raging case of gonorrhoea, they will never enter any kind of agreement with them. During the election, they will go after the Tories hammer and tongs, even though doing so will send their softer supporters to…the Liberals!

As much as I think that would be the smart play, the NDP is too collectively dumb to do that. Because they fear the Tories more than a raging case of gonorrhoea, they will never enter any kind of agreement with them. During the election, they will go after the Tories hammer and tongs, even though doing so will send their softer supporters to…the Liberals!
Interesting observation. My friends that are die hard Liberal/NDP supporters but Conservatives never, many of them have stated they will simply sit out the next election as they feel both Trudeau and Singh are idiots and out of near cult like views, will never support the Conservatives. When I ask about the Greens, they say shit like "They still exist? Nope not voting for the May Party"

The optics of having the majority of MPs including maybe some of your own voting for a motion across party lines.

It might encourage some Liberal backbenchers to remember that they belong to a parliamentary government and reach out to some of the extra-parliamentary members for support in encouraging the youngster to take a hike.

It might encourage some Liberal backbenchers to remember that they belong to a parliamentary government and reach out to some of the extra-parliamentary members for support in encouraging the youngster to take a hike.
Most liberal back-benchers:
Not Cool What GIF by Disney Channel

Then again, you would also hope the Party hivemind would also unlock the storeroom housing their backbones as well... so who knows.

sask not playing games with it.

When was the last time
I guess LPC voters in the GTA aren't valued as much as those in PEI.
Well in reality very true. 4 MPs in PEI

A party divided can not stand... one hopes ;)

Facing sharp caucus divisions on Hamas-Israel war, Trudeau deals with yet another challenge and a ‘disproportionate effect’ on Liberals, say political insiders​

Because of diversity in the caucus and party base, the Liberals are facing a sharper divide on the Israel-Hamas conflict compared to other federal parties, says Darrell Bricker, CEO of Ipsos Public Affairs.​

Back