• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More and more funnies.. vol: something...

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD
To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 am. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.
First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!
I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].
After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!
I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]
I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ..... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.
The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).
In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!
Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi,
Alex

So my good buddy to the south, who is aspiring to join the US Navy, sends me the following page today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GI_glasses

I wish I'd gotten a warning, because I ended up laughing like an idiot in the office at work.

What makes that all the more funnier is that I know a coworker who had the point removed from his compass when he boarded a flight from Halifax to Washington a few years ago. Yes, that 1" long pinpoint could have made a deadly weapon. :facepalm:

The most delightfully hostile notes ever left on a car windshield

I really liked this one:

4e5fde7c376a1.jpg

;D

cupper said:
What makes that all the more funnier is that I know a coworker who had the point removed from his compass when he boarded a flight from Halifax to Washington a few years ago. Yes, that 1" long pinpoint could have made a deadly weapon. :facepalm:

Ah, Cupper, I am surprised a sleuth like you missed the obvious "Columbo" question that immediately springs to mind: "What does a person carrying a calculator need a slide-ruler for?  ;)

Tank Troll said:
George Dubya would have thought this was an actual report.

:facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECI4QK_mXA

Start at 0:43. Christopher Hitchens at his best.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Ah, Cupper, I am surprised a sleuth like you missed the obvious "Columbo" question that immediately springs to mind: "What does a person carrying a calculator need a slide-ruler for?  ;)

Being an engineer that works with some from the stone ages, who constantly drone on about the old days when you used a slide rule, and programmed with punch cards, I confess it didn't even come to mind. I would just expect it as SOP.  ;D

cupper said:
I liked the one that goes:

LEARN TO F'n PARK.......

May the Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with You.

Yeah, there's some pretty passive-aggressive notes there.  :nod:

New Barbasol Commercial for the Twitter Generation:

http://youtu.be/wweujqGL1Xo

Well, that's one way to win it....

Must watch the whole thing.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WvU_uJkOHH0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWvU_uJkOHH0

Back