• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Good call. Spain was on my list. I was searching Med area countries due to the style of buildings. Whats next.........

Grunt_031 said:
Spanish Civil War 1936-39

Spanish Nationalist "tanque de juguete" (toy tank).

Not quite as good a call as thought.  While it is a locally manufactured AFV from the Spanish Civil War, it is not "Nationalist" but rather "Republican".  It is also not the vehicle to which the sobriquet "toy tank" was attached. The "tanque de juguete" was the "Carro ligero de infanteria M-36" (or Carro Ligero Euzkadi - Basque Light Tank).  The vehicle pictured is the "Carro Sadurni de Noya" a Catalonian built vehicle.

Blackadder is right, shitty deal tho with this tank as half the sources list it as what grunt said and the other half list what Blackadder has

"Trubia Infantry Light Truck - Model 1936 Naval also called Landes, Euzkadi or Tank Truck Toy"

Japanese flame thrower tank. My guess was based on the suspension which similar to the Vickers, the italians used a version but the drive wheel is at the other end, so I looked under Vickers, Russian and up popped this page
http://www.ww2f.com/armor-armored-fighting-vehicles/25022-tanks-flamethrowers-ww2.html

Never seen it before, sorry to have spoiled an otherwise good try at baffling us.

Won't be hard for some, best I could do in a hurry

turret.jpg

Okay, I'm gonna give my first shot at this!

It can't be a Sherman.  If it was, the image would have been reversed, the Sherman commanders cupola is always on the other side of the turret.

Based on that cupola position, and what's left of it, that leaves the Ram and a couple others...

The shape looks like it could be Ram ish.  But what's welded on the side of the turret gives it away...

My guess, early production Ram Mk. II

-Steve

Excellent Job Steve it is a Ram turret, can't recall the mark and I have the full photo on my work computer, had the crop the telltale mantle plate from the pic.

Back