• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Try this one...  Need designation and country of origin.  Bonus points for naming an additional user...

Teddy Ruxpin said:
Try this one...  Need designation and country of origin.  Bonus points for naming an additional user...

UR-416 APC (based on Unimog), West Germany, other users have been Holland, Greece, Venuzuela ...

nope not the super/ax, as far as i know the super ax didnt have that turret on it or my sources are totally screwed  :-\
think middle east...

Israeli Mag'ach 7c?

MG

PS Sorry for not posting earlier. I'm on leave and don't log on often.

chanman said:

AKA Magach 7a. Whoever said this tank was an M60A3 was close, because the Magach *is* an M60A3 with an uparmoured turret and
other upgrades.

Eland said:
AKA Magach 7a. Whoever said this tank was an M60A3 was close, because the Magach *is* an M60A3 with an uparmoured turret and
other upgrades.

Someone already guessed Magach, but the original poster said 'closely related but not it'

Dang it!  ;D

Taking the time to find a picture without the red star on it, and then forgetting to rename it.  Forgot about the letters, doh.

The idea of Tank Destroyers is interesting - would it be comparable to the 120mm CV90?  Why not call it a light tank?

Anyway, your turn Zipperhead!

Yeah except, IIRC, that tank destroyer was a result of a failed tank project rather than some need for a tank destroyer. The 120mm gun it has was a failed Chinese project to develop that caliber, wasn't it?

MG

Mortar guy said:
Yeah except, IIRC, that tank destroyer was a result of a failed tank project rather than some need for a tank destroyer. The 120mm gun it has was a failed Chinese project to develop that caliber, wasn't it?

MG

Yeah, SinoDefence gives it as a project to develop a 120mm smoothbore after plans to license from the Germans fell through.  In the end though, they settled on the 125mm, leaving these tank destroyers the odd-one out.

Is it just me, or does the rear-set turret make it look like a midget SPG?

Back