• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

viss.... there is already another thread on "name that weapon".  It might be an idea to start a "quizz" section in the forum to contain all these quizzes.

Leopard 2. That one was hard. The turret really threw me off because anything after 2A4 has the dual slopes on the frontal arc of the turret, and the picture only shows one. But before the 2A4 the turret retains the boxy, angular appearance due to the lack of applique armour. As a result, I have no idea what "A" classification it has.

What allowed me to get it was the configuration of the road wheels and the side skirts. The spacing between the rear sets of wheels gave it away, not to mention the footholds and vent holes in the side of the hull.

Geo. I think that one of the moderators would be the best person to contact for changing the threads like that.

Teddy Ruxpin. I will be away from the computer for the weekend. Feel free to post a picture for me. Go ahead... be mean  >:D

Viss

Time for another hint:

In common with some other vehicles posted here, this tank is not in production and isn't in service in this form.  It's been around for years, though, and has made repeated appearances in *ahem* "certain publications".

I thought of that but it's T-72 based and the hull does'nt look T-72 to me..... ???

Mud said:
I thought of that but it's T-72 based and the hull does'nt look T-72 to me..... ???

Just because it's based on the T-72 or M-48 doesn't mean it has to necessarily look like them or use the same hull.  A Dane I showed the picture to thought the hull looked like that of the Leo 2.

This picture is why I think it might be a Zulfiqar - which has gone through 3 models, supposedly.
http://iranatom.ru/media/iri/for/force8.jpg

Nope...

A reminder that you have two hints now:  Mud was close with his original Shir 2 guess and it isn't in production or service...

There is a Leo II link too, but remote.

I stand corrected and see your point, chanman, the hull is very different.  This is a tough one....

Is it the OF-40/120 Mk 2A?

I wanted to say OF-40, but that entered service with Dubai, and doesn't have the reference thingy (sorry, dont' know the term) on the muzzle.

Back