• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

If it's Turkish, it could be the Yatagan, a T-84 with a NATO 120 mm smooth-bore gun.

DING DING DING  ;D ;D ;D ;D
you got it

T-84U — Ukrainian upgrade of the T-84. New armoured side skirts, turret-conformal Kontakt-5 explosive reactive armour, auxiliary power unit, thermal imaging sight, satellite navigation, commander's laser range-finder, muzzle reference system, and other improvements.

T-84-120 Yatagan — a prototype version of Oplot tailored for evaluation by the Turkish Army (prototype designation, KERN2-120). Mounts a 120mm main gun which fires both NATO 120mm rounds (like the M829 DU series) and a special 120mm version of the AT-11 Sniper ATGM. It also has automated gear shifting in place of mechanical gear selector, driver's T-bar control replacing tiller bars, air conditioning, and projectile muzzle velocity sensor, as well as differences in the fire control system, communications, etc.

....nothing like air conditioning

Well, I have no chance against the armoured-vehicle-identifying skills that are regularly displayed here, so.... I'm going to go for the asymmetrical approach...
300px-Chadian_soldiers_in_Toyota_pickup_truck.jpg

Make, Model, and Year, if you please. Keep in mind it was marketed under different names in different regions.

FoverF said:
Well, I have no chance against the armoured-vehicle-identifying skills that are regularly displayed here, so.... I'm going to go for the asymmetrical approach...
300px-Chadian_soldiers_in_Toyota_pickup_truck.jpg

Make, Model, and Year, if you please. Keep in mind it was marketed under different names in different regions.

It's obviously a Toyota.  ;) . It's from the "Toyota War" between Libya and Chad in 1987. Original (and larger) photo here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chadian_soldiers_in_Toyota_pickup_truck.jpg

My guess is a Toyota HiLux of early 80's vintage.

So far as I can tell, it's a '79-'83 Toyota HiLux, so Eminence Grise, the floor is yours...

Back