• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navymich's story

airmich said:
Jaydub, yes, there are other places I'd like to be as well, but North Bay is what I wanted, and who knows from there!

What are the potential postings for an AD Tech airmich? Besides North Bay, Colorado Springs perhaps?

Baden  Guy said:
What are the potential postings for an AD Tech airmich? Besides North Bay, Colorado Springs perhaps?

add :

Rome, NY ( Griffis AFB)
Anchorage, AK (Elmendorf AFB)
Geilenkirchen, Germany
Oklahoma City, OK (Tinker AFB)

Thank you Cdn Aviator for providing that info.  Of course, I can only sit and dream about those for now, as I'll be in North Bay for a few years yet.  I know there are some more to add to the list, but I'm blanking offhand right now.

Congrats Mich  :) Great to hear you got what you wanted, good luck with the rest of the course.

Congrats AirMich!

Now the list of OUTCANs for ADs includes flying spots on AWACS.  Right?  Germany...

And then there's the Radar Sqns...and...

hmm

ATIS vs AC Op...ATIS vs AC Op...

dammit!  ;D

HLs says "congrats" too!  Tks for the email confirming!

Navmich,

Just wanted to take some time to Congratulate you also  ;D all the best!

~Rebecca

Mud Recce Man said:
Congrats AirMich!

Now the list of OUTCANs for ADs includes flying spots on AWACS.  Right?  Germany...

From those positions i mentioned, Germany, Tinker AFB and Elmendorf AFB are AWACS positions

CDN Aviator said:
From those positions i mentioned, Germany, Tinker AFB and Elmendorf AFB are AWACS positions

Roger that.  I thought maybe there was ground and flyin' ones at some or all.

Good posting all around, albeit scope-dope ones!  :o

;D

IN HOC SIGNO said:
But you will be so far from the sea! How will you manage??!! ;)

*sigh*  I know.  But one of these days I have to cut those apron strings all of the way through.  Until then, I am still spreading the joy of the Navy to all that will stand around long enough to listen! ;D  And I did just that the other night by giving the Naval toast of the day when I attended my first AF mess dinner!!  8)

airmich said:
Thank you for posting that Baden Guy.  Some people (not mentioning any names......BYT Driver) are a bit behind the times.  ;D

flames9, I hope I get the chance to get back to sea for a visit while I'm there.  But hopefully my sea legs are still a bit existent too!

Jaydub, yes, there are other places I'd like to be as well, but North Bay is what I wanted, and who knows from there!
Okay, I admit, I'm an old guy.  :-\
It was a hole.   :o
And I was just teasing.  Mainly because we need new voices up in out tower.   ;D
Congrats again on your posting.  May joy spread before you, and troubles behind.
Regards, BYTD

I am now officially QL3 qualified!! 8) 

Grad was yesterday, and it sure is nice to have that out of the way and sit back and relax on leave for a few days before heading to North Bay.  From when I first started with my transfer to now, it has been just over a year.  I had lots of doubts over that time period.  But now, I am happier then ever with my choice.

Many Happy Returns, airmich.  Congrats big time!!!
Enjoy North Bay and northern Ontario.
:cheers:

8)

Mich, all the warmest and sincerest best wishes for your continued success in your new life.  And congratulations on doing so well on your course! BZ! (hint folks.. Mich got the *really big* plaque)

niner domestic said:
Mich, all the warmest and sincerest best wishes for your continued success in your new life.  And congratulations on doing so well on your course! BZ! (hint folks.. Mich got the *really big* plaque)

And the posting of her choice! Because "Mich got the *really big* plaque."  :)

Well done kiddo! Give yourself a pat on the back.

On to North Bay!

Here is the pic of my "really big plaque" given to me by a "really big guy", who just happens to be an AC Op!

cfcwo.jpg

Hey Mich....where's the rest of your medals ?

....and did you ask the CFCWO where his trade badge was ?

;D

Back