• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CT process

popnfresh said:
I just sent mine in recently.

Has anyone got a response? Love?

All I've got back is email from a DMilC clerk, asking me to review my MPRR, and send it back with the appropriate changes.  My unit was made aware of it from DMilC, about the same time as I dropped the bomb on them. It took about 2 weeks to get a responce.

I applied for my CT from Pres Infantry to Reg force artillery on march 8 havent got any follow up and its march 31. I was told in the recruitng center that they are hurtin for arty and that it shouldnt take longer than 1 month. Well its bin almost a month with no word from anyone....anyways! I'll live to the army motto "Hurry up and wait soldier!"

SirTwonish:

You've applied for an OT and CT, not just a CT.  That will take longer, since there needs to be a verification that you meet the standards for your proposed new trade.

A pure CT, where the person stays in trade, is much faster to process.

So what is the timeline for a situation like mine, as opposed to someone doing a pure CT?

SirTwonish said:
So what is the timeline for a situation like mine, as opposed to someone doing a pure CT?

No one here can give you that answer, as it is totally unique to you.

Love793 said:
All I've got back is email from a DMilC clerk, asking me to review my MPRR, and send it back with the appropriate changes.  My unit was made aware of it from DMilC, about the same time as I dropped the bomb on them. It took about 2 weeks to get a responce.

I haven't told my CoC...great...

I wonder if that will screw me for my reserve tasking I'm using to rack up class b days , and they will send someone else.

As an aside, does anyone know how many class b days are required for recruit school bypass? "They" tried to make a DP2 qual'd buddy of mine go back to basic.

Im currently doing a CT from Pres Inf to Reg Inf and I have been in steady contact with DCRM. I was told in an email that my CT has been sent to the individual that deals with the offer letters, I took this as a good sign! My question is shortly after that they said that I would need to get my security clearance done. I thought I already did this (being in the reserves and all) and I was wondering if anyone here processes CT's and if so what happens to my transfer while my security clearance is being processed (I hear it takes a while). Any thoughts?

I used the CT new method,

I applied as Ammo tech, and got a fairly fast acknowlegemnet about my file being process, but nothing since then.

Ill keep you guys inform on how well it went.

I got a second response, and have been informed that I need to just update my pers file, and that I would hear back shortly after that. The only thing I dislike is that I don't have the same person dealing with me each email, so I'm not sure if they are aware of what has/has not been done.

SirTwonish said:
Im currently doing a CT from Pres Inf to Reg Inf and I have been in steady contact with DCRM. I was told in an email that my CT has been sent to the individual that deals with the offer letters, I took this as a good sign! My question is shortly after that they said that I would need to get my security clearance done. I thought I already did this (being in the reserves and all) and I was wondering if anyone here processes CT's and if so what happens to my transfer while my security clearance is being processed (I hear it takes a while). Any thoughts?

No you had an enhanced reliability check done upon enrolling in the reserves.  Getting a Sec Clearance is a bit more involved, and yes it can take a while depending on the level required.  From reading past threads on trades/CTs that required an updated clearance, your transfer will probably be delayed while the you get vetted.

Anyone care to tell me what I should take from this?

"Thank you and Good Luck on your course. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN IN THE REGULAR FORCE. You will be receiving an offer letter through your email address; make sure that it is monitored regularly. You will have 14 days to accept and 30 days for your move with Royal Lepage and your release with the Reserve"

-From the DMCA clerk

Haven't heard anything back in a week...and my unit doesn't have staff that can use the computer system to update my MPRR. Does that response mean I will get BMQ bypass?

popnfresh said:
Anyone care to tell me what I should take from this?

"Thank you and Good Luck on your course. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN IN THE REGULAR FORCE. You will be receiving an offer letter through your email address; make sure that it is monitored regularly. You will have 14 days to accept and 30 days for your move with Royal Lepage and your release with the Reserve"

-From the DMCA clerk

Haven't heard anything back in a week...and my unit doesn't have staff that can use the computer system to update my MPRR. Does that response mean I will get BMQ bypass?

Sounds to me like a offer and posting message are inbound.  Your unit has to have someone capable of operating HRMS. Are you in a satelite Sqn loc, or colocated with your RHQ?  As for RSBP, you'll have to wait and see what the offer is.

Love793 said:
Sounds to me like a offer and posting message are inbound.  Your unit has to have someone capable of operating HRMS. Are you in a satelite Sqn loc, or colocated with your RHQ?  As for RSBP, you'll have to wait and see what the offer is.

I'm not located with the RHQ, but have been in contact with them...and have it in writing that they have no HRMS qual'd pers. It's so stupid, I hope this doesnt frig me over. I am just going to take whatever offer comes, and pray that it comes soon.

How regular have your conversations with DMCA been?

Newest CANFORGEN Regarding CT's

CANFORGEN 102/08 CMP 041/08 031358Z JUN 08
CF MIL PERS INSTR 03/08 - CANADIAN FORCES COMPONENT TRANSFER AND COMPONENT TRANSFER CAREER PROGRAMS
UNCLASSIFIED

PURPOSE OF THIS CANFORGEN IS TO CANCEL CANFORGEN 009/08 CMP 005/08 AND ANNOUNCE THE APPROVAL AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CF MIL PERS INSTRUCTION - 03/08 CANADIAN FORCES COMPONENT TRANSFER (CT) AND COMPONENT TRANSFER CAREER PROGRAMS

THIS INSTRUCTION CAN BE ACCESSED THROUGH THE CMP WEBSITE HTTP://HR3.OTTAWA-HULL.MIL.CA/ENGRAPH/MILHOME(UNDERSCORE)E.ASP

SIGNED BY MGEN W. SEMIANIW, CMP

So the CANFORGEN Posted Earlier in the thread is cancelled,  newest new info is found here http://hr3.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/docs/instruction/instructions/engraph/pdf/CF_Mil_Pers_Instr_03_08_e.pdf

Edit to add, before people start freaking and peaking, the CT form posted at the begining of this thread is still used.  The PDF just explains, in detail, the step-by-step process of CTing in all its various iterations.

Congrats!

I'll be testing out this process in the fall, after I finish my QL6A course. It'll be 215 to 215 transfer, so I'll you all know how long it took me. Hopefully all the little kinks are out of the system by then.

Just an update I'm apparently on phase 2/3 with regards to my CT, and have been assigned a CPO1 file manager. In my case, some news is good news.

;D

Back