• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CT process

Anyone that has gone through this process had trouble getting their pay working correctly or having HRMS updated? I accepted my offer beginning of Jan, and transferred as of 2 Mar 09, yet EMAA still has everything from my reserve file, and my SOR has no access to HRMS or my pay. I've heard it takes up to 6 months, but a friend of mine transferred last year and had everything from the get-go which I attributed to the new system.

Does anyone have a contact number for anyone in the DMCA 5-5 office? I am doing a CT, reserve to reg, same MOC, but going for ROTP. I just want to talk to my file manager about my situation and see whats going on.

BMackenzie said:
Does anyone have a contact number for anyone in the DMCA 5-5 office? I am doing a CT, reserve to reg, same MOC, but going for ROTP. I just want to talk to my file manager about my situation and see whats going on.

When they get to your file, they email you, then you will have your file managers contact info

How long does the process take, I put my transfer date March 2010 and have received my email with MPRR but nothing else after that. Not sure what to expect next and how long it takes.  Anyone who has a story that would be cool.  I am going from Pres to Reg and not the same trade i am going from mp to mse op

It can go fast or painfully slow, as each situation/circumstance is unique.

Friend of mine is on the 6th month mark waiting for a response. It took me 3 months from submission to offer received.

I have received my initial email with my mprr but i was told I have to wait to get another email from dcma which will take a while as my file has not been given to a broker yet, the end of the email said to be patient which is alright i understand that they are busy and there are far more then just me waiting.  I was at my rememberance parade today and one of the officers that use to be quite active with the unit said at the end "see you next year as it is going to take that long for your CT"  Not sure what kind of pull this officer has, my reserve unit isn't too happy about me doing this transfer.

Any news about the progress being made in this process?

I'm planning on CT'ing in the midst of my tour, which is upcoming, and the latest info I've heard is that CT's are being denied to combat arms trades because those trades are full. A friend of mine from TF3-08, a MCpl, 031, was denied a CT post-tour because his trade is closed. I'm assuming I'm going to run into the same problem. Thoughts? Can anyone confirm or deny?

It probably wouldn't hurt to attempt the CT and get the paper work through but the officer at dmca will tell you if your trade choice is full and you will just have to wait until the trade is open maybe even in the new fiscal year that way your file is ready and can do the transfer once the trade is open.  I am waiting for my trade to be open which should be april 10 as i have been told by my officer.

They now have a tiger team working on the CT's for 6 months - 1700+ files back logged.  Hopefully this will be good for some of you.

CountDC said:
They now have a tiger team working on the CT's for 6 months - 1700+ files back logged.  Hopefully this will be good for some of you.

But this doesn't have anything to do with closed trades, correct? Am I to assume that if I have a tour and am a reservist, and try for a CT after I go on tour, I will be shut-out? Or does a trade closure only apply to outside applicants, ie civilians?

It will (supposedly) shorten the wait time for those looking for trades with open positions.

You would have to check the details on the trade.  Sometimes trades are closed to different things - ie trade closed to recruiting and CT's but still open to a small amount of remusters.  At one point it was easier to get in from the street than to CT.

I suggest to everyone if you are set on joining the dark side then put in your CT.  The only garuntee you have is that nothing will happen if you don't.

I'll keep this topic going. I put in a CT/OT Jan, 11. then notified section commander. No response from DMCA as of yet.

Did you get an e-mail from them acknowledging receipt of the application?

agc said:
Did you get an e-mail from them acknowledging receipt of the application?

No nothing was i supposed to get something?

I sent - http://forums.navy.ca/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=70341.0;attach=21183

To - dmcarmct@forces.gc.ca

This form is out of date.  It's missing some key info, which causes them to be unable to proceed.  Your unit should have a link to the web page that contains the new form.  You should go to it and resubmit your application ASAP.  I am surprised that they didn't e-mail you back to let you know this, but they are probably extremely busy with all the ROTP applications right now.

agc said:
This form is out of date.  It's missing some key info, which causes them to be unable to proceed.  Your unit should have a link to the web page that contains the new form.  You should go to it and resubmit your application ASAP.  I am surprised that they didn't e-mail you back to let you know this, but they are probably extremely busy with all the ROTP applications right now.

The next parade isn't until Weds. unless someone is always there during the week? Would CFRC Direct me in the right direction or help me find and fill out this updated CT/OT Application?

Thanks agc,

Try this link:
http://hr3.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/ComponentTxfer_e.asp?Opensub=12

I applied a few days ago and heard back from D Mil C via email within the hour. 

Celticgirl said:
Try this link:

Hey Thanks Celtic Girl,

But is there a reason why i can't access this link? ei: it wont open with FireFox or Internet Explorer, Do i need to be on a DND computer?
Which Program can you use to access this link?

Thanks.

Celticgirl said:
Try this link:

Flips13 said:
Hey Thanks Celtic Girl,

But is there a reason why i can't access this link? ei: it wont open with FireFox or Internet Explorer, Do i need to be on a DND computer?
Which Program can you use to access this link?

Thanks.

Yup DIN/DWAN link only.....

Back