• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

Similarly, some aircrew wear 2-piece flight suits. Guess what belt they're supposed to wear with it? The same green (now brown) nylon "cargo strap" belt issued for CADPAT, which would also be a molten burning mess in a fire situation.

People will be too worried that their Magnums, Rockys etc will be melting to their feet to notice their belt first....

😁

…just the rest of the AF not listening to TH…again. TH Sqns’ ALSE shops have had FR belting for the 2-pc suits for…decades, and regularly passed the point on to other communities that were often two busy about cracking jokes about how crappy TH’s 2-pc suits looked. In the initial years it was procured via LPO, but later I assumed it had been out into the system. Perhaps my assumption was incorrect. Still something worth following up with…it existed and should be used for all the 2-piece suits.

…just the rest of the AF not listening to TH…again. TH Sqns’ ALSE shops have had FR belting for the 2-pc suits for…decades, and regularly passed the point on to other communities that were often two busy about cracking jokes about how crappy TH’s 2-pc suits looked. In the initial years it was procured via LPO, but later I assumed it had been out into the system. Perhaps my assumption was incorrect. Still something worth following up with…it existed and should be used for all the 2-piece suits.
G2G - do you have a NSN or anything. As Wing ALSEO, I am interested to see what our supply can do for our two piece crews.

Separate topic - new high viz ranks for RCAF. Scuttlebutt from CWO network is that zoom suits will simply just use DEU rank slip ons- any FR concerns about those beauties on your shoulders?

G2G - do you have a NSN or anything. As Wing ALSEO, I am interested to see what our supply can do for our two piece crews.

Separate topic - new high viz ranks for RCAF. Scuttlebutt from CWO network is that zoom suits will simply just use DEU rank slip ons- any FR concerns about those beauties on your shoulders?

on fire GIF

Zoomie, let me see if I can get it for you. In the mean time, I hope the ALSE network can work the slip-on issue. As a past ALSEO/GALSEO/WALSEO I know it seemed like an uphill battle to get leadership to pay attention to/respect avn life-support issues, particularly anything dealing with fire retardancy…I was unit ALSEO when the Stinger 25 crash happened…even then, the larger AF was like molasses to get anything done. Then BGen Ray Henault supported the FR issue, it was under his command as Comd 10 TAG that we started getting the FR gear associated with the 2-pc suit.

It should be on the updated SOIs the Div sent out last July, no? (I’d look but my DVPNI is 2 hours away).

SAR Techs have been wearing them for some time.

Separate note, this was briefed by the WCWO at a Snr NCM townhall in late Nov. I asked it Clothing Stores was ready with 6 x sets of DEU rank for each flyer as they are sewn on to flying clothing. The Clothing Stores Supr was present and said “definitely not!”.

That issue was supposed to go back up to the DCWO; so I’m hopeful this plan is on pause until sufficient stock is delivered to the Wings.

You know as well as I do that should, shouldn't and what actually happens are all different things.

I put the expectation that my troops will be well turned out and properly dressed for what the Crown asks them to do. How they come to that conclusion is a personal responsibility. You need a new beret because yours looks like ass? Cool. Order a new one on Logistik and get a badge put on it. Oh you fucked that off and didn't get one for the parade we have known about for 2 months? Looks like you're off to the CANEX to pay the Stupidity Tax. Just like I have had to in the past.

I am in full agreement that the Base Tailoring model is ridiculous. All or none. That said, I won't nit pick with my troops on that kind of stuff, but like I said above: piss poor planning on your part doesn't change the fact you're not properly turned out. Tailoring is something to put into your time appreciation.

Its the same thing with dudes playing Tunic roulette right before Remembrance Day; sort your shit out within the timelines available and then you don't have to pay the Stupid Tax.

You do you. I paid more out of pocket in 3 years working civvy side than I have in 16 years in uniform. The CAF is one of the few employers that provide all manner of equipment for your to do your job. Taking personal pride in your appearance and kit maintenence isn't a CAF responsibility, but a personal one. The CAF enforces the requirement.

Next thing we know there will be demands for Kiwi and Brasso to be LPOed by the QM...
Way back when Brasso wa
s supplied in quart or larger containers, shoe polish was issued as well. Whats the prob?

We never did ... that I know of. We were issued with the silicone to waterproof our sea boots (that were NOT to be polished, notwithstanding the Army idiots who insisted we spit polish them during JLC and ruined perfectly good sea boots).

But shoe/boot polishing was always one of those regs that was abused by alleged "authorities" on dress regs and possibly led to too much grief. The regs quite simply called on shoes to be "clean and polished". That is also the business attire standard of the day for civilian. And if, as a civilian who wished to look sharp, you went to one of those shoe shine booth in the business district and treated yourself to a "high" shine, I can guarantee that you did not come out of there with anything even closely resembling a "spit-shine". The insistence of RSM's, Coxn's and other assorted martinets that we were required at all time to have a spit shine instead of just keeping shoes clean and applying shoe polish and buffing only to a clean shine was always a distortion of the reg. It may have been fine for training purposes during general military courses and if you were on a public parading party, but not required for day to day wear.

We never did ... that I know of. We were issued with the silicone to waterproof our sea boots (that were NOT to be polished, notwithstanding the Army idiots who insisted we spit polish them during JLC and ruined perfectly good sea boots).

But shoe/boot polishing was always one of those regs that was abused by alleged "authorities" on dress regs and possibly led to too much grief. The regs quite simply called on shoes to be "clean and polished". That is also the business attire standard of the day for civilian. And if, as a civilian who wished to look sharp, you went to one of those shoe shine booth in the business district and treated yourself to a "high" shine, I can guarantee that you did not come out of there with anything even closely resembling a "spit-shine". The insistence of RSM's, Coxn's and other assorted martinets that we were required at all time to have a spit shine instead of just keeping shoes clean and applying shoe polish and buffing only to a clean shine was always a distortion of the reg. It may have been fine for training purposes during general military courses and if you were on a public parading party, but not required for day to day wear.
Back in the 90’s, I was shocked to learn that combat boots were to be “black and clean” and we were only to use the boot blackener issued (I happened to get a jug of it when I joined). Of course, when I started following those regs, I got a blast of shit and told to brush shine the boots with Kiwi, even after I showed my CoC the reg. 🤦‍♂️

The army CWWBs came with the tins of boot paste. I still use it on my Bates LPO CWWBs.

That's what I thought. It's not really a polish though is it ? That was more of a treatment and blackner I thought.

No one put that on their parade boots I hope.

Aside:

This whole Non-DC & DC designated pers reminds me of that scene from We Were Soldiers when the reporter tries to tell the Gunny he is a non-combatant LOL

Joe Galloway awarded a Bronze Star Medal with the "V" device in 1998 for having carried a badly wounded man to safety while he was under very heavy enemy fire in 1965,

On May 1, 1998, Galloway was decorated with the Bronze Star with "V" device.[1] The medal was in recognition of his heroism on November 15, 1965, during the Battle of Ia Drang,[2] the first major battle by U.S. and North Vietnamese troops in the Vietnam War. Galloway was present as a journalist. During the fighting, he risked his own safety to assist wounded soldiers. His actions are depicted in the film We Were Soldiers in which he is portrayed by actor Barry Pepper. He is the only civilian to receive the Bronze Star for combat valor for heroism in the Vietnam War from the U.S. Army

Minus allowing Permanent residents to apply, has our recruiting numbers seen a marked increase since dropping the new dress regs?

Aside:

Joe Galloway awarded a Bronze Star Medal with the "V" device in 1998 for having carried a badly wounded man to safety while he was under very heavy enemy fire in 1965,

On May 1, 1998, Galloway was decorated with the Bronze Star with "V" device.[1] The medal was in recognition of his heroism on November 15, 1965, during the Battle of Ia Drang,[2] the first major battle by U.S. and North Vietnamese troops in the Vietnam War. Galloway was present as a journalist. During the fighting, he risked his own safety to assist wounded soldiers. His actions are depicted in the film We Were Soldiers in which he is portrayed by actor Barry Pepper. He is the only civilian to receive the Bronze Star for combat valor for heroism in the Vietnam War from the U.S. Army
Don't mean to derail...but why does it take so long for some people to be recognized for their actions, such as this?

I'm glad the man was finally recognized for what he did.

But why did it take so long? I've seen this with a few others, who are awarded a medal a decade or two after the fact...

A number of my sailors have full or partial beards, but all of them know, and are so briefed by the Coxn that when they go to sea, the beard comes off.
That's how it should be; unless someone has a shore posting at a DC school or somewhere they need to wear an SCBA (or something else under the RPP) there isn't any reason not to. When they go to ships there is a legitimate safety/operational reason to require people to be clean shaven, and there is no religious/medical exemption to that.

Why that's not being enforced on some ships I have no idea, other than some people are stupid.

Private Jess Larochelle ?
Not awarding Larochelle the Victoria Cross is an act of cowardice IMO.

The guy was hit with a rocket then woke up to being blinded in one eye, deaf in one ear, had a broken back, and besides 2 of his dead brothers. The OPs C6 was damaged so he grabbed 15 M72 and started launching them at the 20 attackers, covering the company's flank. Saved a lot of lives.

Why that's not being enforced on some ships I have no idea, other than some people are stupid.
They're careerist wusses that are more concerned about crewing the boat/boat target and getting grievances than doing what's right?

Back