• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Paid Education [Merged]

They don't just hand you the money. You need an approved ILP, need to be have your application for reimbursement signed off by a designated officer, and you have to provide proof of payment for schooling etc. So in other words, good luck with that.

And proof of passing the courses the ILP has been submitted for. If you fail the course, you are not reimbursed.
So no, you do not just get that money to use where ever you want.

I understand, my assumption was that perhaps military training courses could qualify as "education and training" in certain circumstances. Clearly not.

I'm already talking to my employer to see how I can minimize the financial impact by working extra hours per week during the year. Are you guys aware of any other grants/bursaries/awards or anything available to Part time Reserves related to mandatory training?

Is it possible to use ILP(for an course upgrade) and SISIP (for a educational program) at the same time for 2 different things?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Reading up on the Reserve Education Reimbursement, I had a question.

Now, the policy is pretty clear:
Primary Reserve members may be reimbursed for studying at a Canadian university or college to get a degree or diploma. The education reimbursement is up to 50% of your expenses with a maximum of $2,000 per academic year. The maximum benefit is $8,000 per career.

Has anyone has any luck getting reimbursed for accredited programs outside Canada but still within the Commonwealth? Specifically, I am considering applying to an MBA program in the UK, and wondering if there are exceptions for the UK.

I only ask because, for the purposes of Provincial and Federal Student Loans, UK universities are covered just like Canadian institutions (i.e., there is a precedence of equivalency)

ACE_Engineer said:
I understand, my assumption was that perhaps military training courses could qualify as "education and training" in certain circumstances. Clearly not.

I'm already talking to my employer to see how I can minimize the financial impact by working extra hours per week during the year. Are you guys aware of any other grants/bursaries/awards or anything available to Part time Reserves related to mandatory training?

ACE_Engineer, you will be paid for mandatory military training as a reservist, at the rate for your rank. It is paid job training (employment), not academic upgrading.

Back