• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Tescione said:
Unforutnately, you lasts posts on MM were not factual, as I previosly stated.
There are ways to disagree and rebut that are civil and respectful, and as much as I agreed with the point you were attempting to make, the way in which you did it was hostile, confrontational and showed no respect to anyone who posts here, not just puckchaser.

Chris Pook said:
Another alternative - so as to keep Mike Bobbit's name in good standing,  after all it is his site and we are all here as his guests - perhaps Mike could put up a separate Politics board much as he has done for Army, Navy and Air Force and MilNet, only different.

Same membership but a different look and feel and no association with the military.
Probably a good solution. I don't think shutting this thread is the best idea. I've seen that happen on other boards and the discussions that would normal take place here start to hijack other threads. This thread does go into the gutter on occasion but at least it keeps the muck in here.

Chris Pook said:
Another alternative - so as to keep Mike Bobbit's name in good standing,  after all it is his site and we are all here as his guests - perhaps Mike could put up a separate Politics board much as he has done for Army, Navy and Air Force and MilNet, only different.

Unfortunately the backend of a forum takes a lot of resources. Milnet.ca takes up a lot of server space, even a small politics forum on its own would take up way more space that just a carefully moderated sub forum here.

Altair said:
There are ways to disagree and rebut that are civil and respectful, and as much as I agreed with the point you were attempting to make, the way in which you did it was hostile, confrontational and showed no respect to anyone who posts here, not just puckchaser.

Unfortunately,

When a person, that has chased me on this forum using PMs, Milpoints, and outright snarky remarks to me, I have not time for decorum when the same person is spouting lies, and innuendos, that stygmatizes a medication used by Veterans.  I appreciate your observation, but there is a larger picture involved.

I don't mince my words, when I see someone pontificating on seomthing, that can cause harm to others.

THank you for the observation though, you are one of few people who's posts I do enjoy on army.ca

You've been on ignore for weeks, and I'm pretty sure I've never PM'd you, other than a response to your sadness over being docked milpoints. Its a beautiful day, get outside and relax a little bit.

PuckChaser said:
You've been on ignore for weeks, and I'm pretty sure I've never PM'd you, other than a response to your sadness over being docked milpoints. Its a beautiful day, get outside and relax a little bit.

Says the man sitting in his basement. 

Lies will get you no where, and you were caught on one.  Instead of owning up, you whine on how I delivered the message.

Get out, it will do you pale skin good, chase some beach volley balls instead of pucks.

Political forum is more of a boxing ring than debate venue. No one is going to change their views.

I'd prefer to see it turfed but I contribute to the shenanigans when I'm bored so I can't complain.

I've no sympathy for members being banned because of the politics forum; more often than not arguing politics seems to be the only reason they're here.

Jarnhamar said:
Political forum is more of a boxing ring than debate venue. No one is going to change their views.

I'd prefer to see it turfed but I contribute to the shenanigans when I'm bored so I can't complain.

I've no sympathy for members being banned because of the politics forum; more often than not arguing politics seems to be the only reason they're here.
There isn't a heck of lot going on forces wide at the moment.

Jarnhamar said:
Politiforum is more of a boxing ring than debate venue . No one is going to change their views.

Hence, in spite of my love of politics, I rarely if ever contribute to this forum.

I'll let Altair be my spokesperson.

John Tescione said:
Unforutnately, you lasts posts on MM were not factual, as I previosly stated.

Instead of actually providing something of substance to the discussion and posting the "real" facts for proper debate, you instead threw up your defenses and started slinging insults.

Majority of your posts in political themed threads have been nothing but childish retorts, political cartoons, hostility, but nothing that actually adds substance to the discussion.

Maybe before being so quick to pull the trigger on someone else, you should consider your own level of participation.

Just my observation.

LunchMeat said:
Instead of actually providing something of substance to the discussion and posting the "real" facts for proper debate, you instead threw up your defenses and started slinging insults.

Majority of your posts in political themed threads have been nothing but childish retorts, political cartoons, hostility, but nothing that actually adds substance to the discussion.

Maybe before being so quick to pull the trigger on someone else, you should consider your own level of participation.

Just my observation.

That is a very good post.

Seen.  I will stand down, so I don't interfere.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/how-pm-justin-trudeau-s-missing-signature-landed-his-campaign-in-court-1.2994593

Minor stuff but could have bigger implications if his people don't get their act together.

:facepalm:

Enough with the shirtless photobombs already!

Toronto Star
Shirtless comedian photobombs Justin Trudeau

Comedian Mark Critch pounced on the opportunity during Trudeau’s visit to Newfoundland on Monday.

By The Canadian Press
Mon., Aug. 15, 2016

ST. JOHN’S—The prime minister’s visit to Atlantic Canada has already included one shirtless selfie — but this time, Justin Trudeau is the photobombee rather than photobomber.

Comedian and Newfoundland native Mark Critch pounced on the opportunity to turn the tables on Trudeau during a walkabout in Signal Hill on Monday.

Critch tweeted a photo of Trudeau grinning at the camera with Critch bare-chested in the background.

“Sorry to accidentally photobomb your @CityofStJohns pic @JustinTrudeau,” wrote Critch in the tweet, which had been retweeted 1,000 times by early Monday afternoon.

A clearly amused Seamus O’Regan, the MP for St. John’s South-Mount Pearl, flanks the prime minister with one hand over his mouth, presumably stifling giggles.

Trudeau made international headlines recently with two shirtless photos, the latest while taking a break from surfing and simultaneously photobombing a couple getting married on a Tofino, B.C., beach.

Last month, Time and BBC reported on a Canadian family that encountered a bare-chested Trudeau while hiking in Quebec’s Gatineau Park and took a selfie with the prime minister.

Reporting on the same Quebec encounter, American online news provider Mic called shirtless Trudeau “one of Canada’s most prized national treasures.”

Congratulations Canada, we have a Kardashian as Prime Minister: constant media attention for doing absolutely nothing. Lost in the shirtless photo bomb? Single largest job losses in a month since recession in 2008.

"We seek him here, we seek him there
Those Taxpayers seek him everywhere!
Is he in BC? Or is he in Norman Wells?
That dammed Elusive shirtless Pimpernel?"

OK, so this thread is clearly a potential end-run around the previously locked "Politics 2016" and "PMJT First 100 Days."  So here's what I'll offer:

- I will avoid this thread, and not contribute to the inevitable anti-Trudeau dogpile, with the equally attendant 'oh, oh ya!'  retorts by his supporters.

- In exchange, the people who know absolutely nothing about security policy and defence procurement will avoid posting in those threads.

Deal?  :nod:

Come on, you know it's a good deal.  ;D

PuckChaser said:
Lost in the shirtless photo bomb? Single largest job losses in a month since recession in 2008.

I guess that big fire somewhere west of Toronto had nothing to do with that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back