• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
lohocard said:
If anybody wants to know, I just called my local RC in Ottawa. Selection dates for MP and Supply tech are January 25th and Feb 8th. Lots of spots left (about 60 for supply and 48 for MP).

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's great thank you very much. I am surprised there are still so many spots this late in the Fiscal year. When I interviewed in july I was told there were 70-odd spots, so they have not even filled half of those positions.

Thanks again! Hopefully we all get some good news soon.

OttCap said:
Wow, that's great thank you very much. I am surprised there are still so many spots this late in the Fiscal year. When I interviewed in july I was told there were 70-odd spots, so they have not even filled half of those positions.

Thanks again! Hopefully we all get some good news soon.

No problem. I called them this morning, and the girl I talked to was very informative and definitely wanting me to pick MP as my first trade as in her words, "you know MPS make more money right?..." Lol. But yes, they've filled about 40ish already with MP. I believe she said after the February selection date it resets in April for the next Fiscal year? I didn't understand that part. Here's hoping I can get everything done before the selection dates.

Good luck to you as well!

lohocard said:
No problem. I called them this morning, and the girl I talked to was very informative and definitely wanting me to pick MP as my first trade as in her words, "you know MPS make more money right?..." Lol. But yes, they've filled about 40ish already with MP. I believe she said after the February selection date it resets in April for the next Fiscal year? I didn't understand that part. Here's hoping I can get everything done before the selection dates.

Good luck to you as well!

Are you applying PRes or RegF MP? the numbers are probably different for hiring this year. the federal government budget operates from April to March every year, so that's why the numbers reset in April as it is the start of a new fiscal year.

Also, if you are applying RegF you'd have to attend MPAC prior to being selected.

OttCap said:
Are you applying PRes or RegF MP? the numbers are probably different for hiring this year. the federal government budget operates from April to March every year, so that's why the numbers reset in April as it is the start of a new fiscal year.

Also, if you are applying RegF you'd have to attend MPAC prior to being selected.

I didn't ask if it was either, but I'm assuming it's for RegF. My application was changed from Reserves to Reg and my interview is this Thursday. Yes, I understand the MPAC is mandatory, just hoping I'm able to do it quickly to actually be able to make the Feb selection. I doubt it, but waiting is the biggest component in the recruiting process after all.

Good day!
Was merit listed back in December. Was a long back and forth process but definitely worth it to gain the ultimate dream job. Can't wait to serve if chosen. Was wondering if anyone knew when the next selection board meeting(s) for NCM occupation infantry was being held?

marvp90 said:
Good day!
Was merit listed back in December. Was a long back and forth process but definitely worth it to gain the ultimate dream job. Can't wait to serve if chosen. Was wondering if anyone knew when the next selection board meeting(s) for NCM occupation infantry was being held?

It's typically the same time as the rest. We're basically at the end of the fiscal year, and the new fiscal year starts in April. So odds are it won't be until Jan 25th or so, maybe later.

marvp90 said:
Good day!

First time I applied it took almost 2 years to get in. Did 8 years then got out, Ammo Tech opened last year hiring 10 so I applied in March, medical and interview in Oct and merit listed Nov. Just received my offer today.

Haven't heard much and tried the recruiting office and my own recruiter. Seems that no one is answering and must be busy with other applicants. The whole scoring thing for the merit listing and etc is beyond my comprehension and all so I'm not even going to try to understand that part of the business. I wonder if the CAF is still even loading people for the NCM infantry trade.  [Xp

Hey guy's,

I passed my CAF AT and heard from references that they have been contacted so surely my processing must be doing well. Wondering if any of you Armoured recruits are accepted and have dates already or know of when the 2017 Armoured DP1 courses are. Thanks  :army:

TheReaper said:
Wondering if any of you Armoured recruits are accepted and have dates already or know of when the 2017 Armoured DP1 courses are.

Selection Dates
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/112790.1275
52 pages.

Does anyone know when the next selection date is for AEC?
Additionally would someone be able to look up the date(s) of the next common course & IFR/VFR/Weapons Course?

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows when the selection dates are for Navy E-Tech?

I called the cfrc a few weeks back and got the results of my PLAR and they said all rgara left is to just wait for a phone call.

I had asked if he new around when I would receive 1, and if he new when the selection date was for that trade, and he said he didn't know...

Thanks guys!!

Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong thread but I'm curious what the upcoming selection dates are for Infantry Officer, Armour Officer, and Intelligence Officer?

Does anyone know when the next round of NCM selections will start with the new fiscal year commencing soon.
I am particularly interested in Aerospace Control Operator selections.

Thank you.

Selections are happening on a bi-weekly basis for most trades (NCM) and have been going for the last month for the new Fiscal Year.

Buck_HRA said:
Selections are happening on a bi-weekly basis for most trades (NCM) and have been going for the last month for the new Fiscal Year.

Good day Sgt

Would you happen to know how often selections are being done for Officers? (you may recall me from the BMOQ start dates thread)
I'm a DEO applicant and well to be honest, getting a little anxious as I've heard a few calls have gone out already for DEOs.

Thanks for your time

AlwaysWaiting said:
Does anyone know when the next selection date is for AEC?
Additionally would someone be able to look up the date(s) of the next common course & IFR/VFR/Weapons Course?

AEC projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
As to the dates for the next common course & IFR/VFR/Weapons course I cannot assist as I only have access to Recruiting Information (i.e. selection dates & Basic Training (BMQ/BMOQ) course dates)

Jgaetz said:
Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows when the selection dates are for Navy E-Tech?

E Tech projected selection dates are: 5 April 2017 & 19 April 2017 and will likely continue every other week until the occupation is filled for the year.

WJFW11 said:
Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong thread but I'm curious what the upcoming selection dates are for Infantry Officer, Armour Officer, and Intelligence Officer?

Infantry Officer projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
Armoured Officer projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
Intelligence Officer projected selection date is: 19 April 2017 (occupation will likely be closed after this selection)

---------
NCM Occupations normally happen on a bi-weekly basis.
Officer (DEO) Occupations normally happen on a monthly basis.

Disclaimer:

With the dates listed above this is merely when the selections team sits down and does the selection, it can take 3-5 days beyond that date for your respective CFRC to get in touch with you to give an offer of employment as there is an administrative process that needs to occur between the selection date and the offer of employment being given.

Buck_HRA said:
AEC projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
As to the dates for the next common course & IFR/VFR/Weapons course I cannot assist as I only have access to Recruiting Information (i.e. selection dates & Basic Training (BMQ/BMOQ) course dates)

E Tech projected selection dates are: 5 April 2017 & 19 April 2017 and will likely continue every other week until the occupation is filled for the year.

Infantry Officer projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
Armoured Officer projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
Intelligence Officer projected selection date is: 19 April 2017 (occupation will likely be closed after this selection)

---------
NCM Occupations normally happen on a bi-weekly basis.
Officer (DEO) Occupations normally happen on a monthly basis.

Disclaimer:

With the dates listed above this is merely when the selections team sits down and does the selection, it can take 3-5 days beyond that date for your respective CFRC to get in touch with you to give an offer of employment as there is an administrative process that needs to occur between the selection date and the offer of employment being given.

Do those selection dates for officers also apply to those going through the SCP Program or just those going through the DEO route?

Was told the next selection dates for vehicle tech and supp tech are April 5th and 17th by my career counsellor. She said the next ones after that are "every other month." Is this true? Anyone possibly know the the next date after April 17th? I know Buck mentioned biweekly but I just wanted to make sure because she just notified me saying she sent my file to the very last step before selection which is getting reliability status (which takes 1-2 weeks from now). Thanks!

High-PoweredXU said:
Do those selection dates for officers also apply to those going through the SCP Program or just those going through the DEO route?
SCP Program isn't any of the official off-the-street entry plans so I'm not sure what you're talking about, sorry.

lohocard said:
Was told the next selection dates for vehicle tech and supp tech are April 5th and 17th by my career counsellor. She said the next ones after that are "every other month." Is this true? Anyone possibly know the the next date after April 17th? I know Buck mentioned biweekly but I just wanted to make sure because she just notified me saying she sent my file to the very last step before selection which is getting reliability status (which takes 1-2 weeks from now). Thanks!

Selections do occur more often than every two months.  Selections happen on average (sometimes there are delays) twice a month for NCM and at least once a month for Officers.  There are delays at times but that is the average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back