• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Surface Warfare Officer badge

Coveralls are my personal favorite. Better for Action/Emergency Stations as well, improves response/close up time 😎
In a perfect world I'd agree, but after 21 years of wearing CAF uniforms I strongly disagree. The CAF issues uniforms in two sizes, and one quality standard...

I have three pairs of NCD pants that are theoretically the same "size", and none of them fit the same, the NCD shirts are only slightly better... My CADPAT is even worse than the NCDs.

Trade milestones for NCMS are recognized with promotion. If you achieve the qualification you can be promoted.*

Trade milestones listed for these NWO badges are not promotable gateways (though they add points to the PER). I do not know what LCdr/Cdr NWO's have for qualifications especially when you mix in PRes. Plenty of MCDV CO's and AOPS CO's will not have been an ORO.*

Basically we are all losing our s*** over what is essentially, at its core, a trade badge

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

😄

I don't wear boot bands 😉 .... big fan of the low blouse 😁

The Brits know what's up:
Legion magazine had an article once with a side paragraph comparing how each of the infantry Regiments in Afghanistan wore their combats. RCR was far too tidy (blousing in the desert??), Van Doo's looked like they had their combats tailored, and the PPCLI looked like snowboarders. I completely agree with this analysis.

Regarding wet/dry list. I saw the writing on the wall that I had no chance for getting command, but I had other qualities that were useful on the staff side. I will still go to sea if the opportunities are there, but at my age, it'll be the Orca's only.
You can be my A1 again any day.

Legion magazine had an article once with a side paragraph comparing how each of the infantry Regiments in Garrison wore their combats. RCR was far too tidy, Van Doo's looked like they had their combats tailored, and the PPCLI looked like snowboarders. I completely agree with this analysis.
FIFY ;)

So going back to the topic, is that also going to be on NCD (and CADPAT if worn)?

Might as well go full NASCAR :ROFLMAO:
You bet it’ll be on the NCD’s because nobody on the ship has a clue who the old man/woman is, or the ORO’s, or the BWK’s are without some symbol on their chest!

Which brings me to my old man rant of the day. I listen in on the RCN Mentoring Initiative on teams yesterday. It was actually really good and there are some crackerjack Master Killicks out there. But then the Navo of one of the MARLANT ships introduced herself with “Lieutenant Navy”. JFC, you’re in a forum with 99.9999% RCN, we all know you’re a 2 ringer so don’t add in the obvious. I really wanted to say something but, this was s forum on empowerment, culture change, inclusiveness so I doubt if a rage text from the white haired crusty MARS officer would have been received well.
But bloody hell I wish the RCN Lt’s would stop that.

science fiction mind blown GIF by FilmStruck

You bet it’ll be on the NCD’s because nobody on the ship has a clue who the old man/woman is, or the ORO’s, or the BWK’s are without some symbol on their chest!

Which brings me to my old man rant of the day. I listen in on the RCN Mentoring Initiative on teams yesterday. It was actually really good and there are some crackerjack Master Killicks out there. But then the Navo of one of the MARLANT ships introduced herself with “Lieutenant Navy”. JFC, you’re in a forum with 99.9999% RCN, we all know you’re a 2 ringer so don’t add in the obvious. I really wanted to say something but, this was s forum on empowerment, culture change, inclusiveness so I doubt if a rage text from the white haired crusty MARS officer would have been received well.
But bloody hell I wish the RCN Lt’s would stop that.

science fiction mind blown GIF by FilmStruck

We were wrapping up our year long French course so I missed that teams meeting.

I don't know how we beat that stupid Lieutenant Navy thing...

Slight Derail

Did you take notice that we have 2 Formation Master Sailors and now a Command Master Sailor ?

If the MS and below are representing themselves what is the role of the C&POs now ? Have we really just become middle managers ? Jesus wept. Thank god its Friday and I can drown my sorrows in Molos and Toller around the camp fire tonight.

Last edited:
We were wrapping up our year long French course so I missed that teams meeting.

I don't know how we beat that stupid Lieutenant Navy thing...

Slight Derail

Did you take notice that we now have 2 Formation Master Sailors and now a Command Master Sailor ?

If the MS and below are representing themselves what is the role of the C&POs now ? Have we really just become middle managers ? Jesus wept. Thank god its Friday and I can drown my sorrows in Molos and Toller around the camp fire tonight.
Yea, the formation and command MS thing surprised me. Oh well, we have to ape our colonial masters correct?

Yea, the formation and command MS thing surprised me. Oh well, we have to ape our colonial masters correct?

I hear you. To me if the MS and below feel they are being represented by the C&POs so poorly that they need their own command positions then we, C&POs, need to suck back and reload on how we are doing business and reestablish our role properly.

I don't understand the context? Does the RN (I'm assuming you're referring to them as the "colonial masters") have that?

I don't understand the context? Does the RN (I'm assuming you're referring to them as the "colonial masters") have that?
No young Luke, have you not noticed that our dominion transferred from British Empire to the US Empire decades ago?

I hear you. To me if the MS and below feel they are being represented by the C&POs so poorly that they need their own command positions then we, C&POs, need to suck back and reload on how we are doing business and reestablish our role properly.

You mean the 'Lower Deck Lawyers' now have a job description, an office and a tee time?

That's pure genius: co-opting the trouble makers ;)

Back