• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

Bzzliteyr said:
Please ensure that not only a CF98 but a CF663 gets put in on this. Many times the 663 is forgotten but is vital in pointing to reasons as to how the accident happened to prevent it from happening in the future.

Roger. Already in motion.

After two sessions of "up- he sees me- down" the toes were disgusting. Medium brown Kiwi polish is the closest to the right color I've found for anyone looking to have okay boots.

markppcli said:
Well finally got my brown boots, interestingly labelled temperate combat boots but I digress. So far the best part of the new boots will be getting issued trial boots tomorrow.

Are you trialing new boots for the LOTB program?  Can you post any photos of the new ones?

Mr. St-Cyr said:
Picture please? Are they like the arid region boots I posted?

They are, from what I can tell, the exact same boot, labelled boot, combat, temperate. We start our trial tomorrow, I'll try and post pictures of the boots my company gets issued.

So is I confirmed are we going the way of the yanks and doing away with black boots? If so why?

X_para76 said:
So is I confirmed are we going the way of the yanks and doing away with black boots? If so why?

Yes, we are going the way of the "Yanks"  ::)  and of the Brits; this will prevent us having black boots for woodland and tan boots for arid regions.
The brown boot will be worn with both patterns.

markppcli said:
They are, from what I can tell, the exact same boot, labelled boot, combat, temperate. We start our trial tomorrow, I'll try and post pictures of the boots my company gets issued.

Does this mean that there is more than one kind of boot being tested?

Wolf117 said:
Does this mean that there is more than one kind of boot being tested?

Three boots are being tested.  If the user's trial indicates that all three are acceptable, then all three will be purchased, and soldiers will have the choice of which of the three that they wish to be issued.

Choice? What a strangely capitalist idea.

Please provide us with pictures if you get a chance!

PPCLI Guy said:
Three boots are being tested.  If the user's trial indicates that all three are acceptable, then all three will be purchased, and soldiers will have the choice of which of the three that they wish to be issued.

That's good to hear.  Can you say if the models being tested are a brown smooth letter surface that needs to be polished, like the current in service boots or if they are suede leather like the in service boots the USMC or US Army use?

Not at all the same pattern, we got issued them today. From what DLR told us they sent out performance benchmarks, and let industry come up with the boots themselves. Hilariously, as part of the process was a finger-frig / window shop by soldiers, appearance was part of the process; thefore two of the boots have little aesthetic CF notes on them in an effort to stand out. One has the tri service batch embroidered on its tongue, the other has weird rubber mesh panels covering arid cadpat fabric and an arid patter tongue. Happily I was issue neither and got this instead.

So far their extremely comfortable and very light. Obviously not water proof, but being able to dry quickly is a nice trade off.

Thank you for the pics. They look very unorthodox indeed! Looks like they were influenced by Haix a bit.

Very interesting indeed.  Glad they went with suede as it will be easier to find non-issue commercial boots for various purposes.  Although hopefully whatever is chosen is good enough to no longer NEED to buy non issue boots.

Can you grab some pics of the other models as well?

What are the insoles like?

Wolf117 said:
Although hopefully whatever is chosen is good enough to no longer NEED to buy non issue boots.

I think this is definitely what we need to strive for, however procurement holdups are probably going to make sure we're wearing 700 types of boots for the next 20 years.

Well, from what was explained to us, if all three boots score above 60 on their trials, and are close to each other, we will be getting 3 different typesof boots into the system. The idea that we can have 3 types of combat boots inthe system and troops can choose is something the DLR guys we talked to were down with.

To add to the boot pictures, all three are shorter then the standard boots we get. I'd guess about 6 inches, not quite a hiking boot but a step in the right direction for sure.

markppcli said:
To add to the boot pictures, all three are shorter then the standard boots we get. I'd guess about 6 inches

Which will look incredibly stupid with bloused pants.  IMO.

Back