• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

Funny, when I read the MERX requirements for the LOTB it said between 8 1/4 and 8 3/4 inch boots?

They look eerily familiar to Haix desert boots.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAIX-SUEDE-DESERT-BOOTS-SIZE-8-EXPERIMENTAL-BRITISH-ARMY-FANTASTIC-CON-/161095440185?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item2582095739

PMedMoe said:
Which will look incredibly stupid with bloused pants.  IMO.

Just wear your pants bloused lower problem solved or do you prefer the Star Trek look?

[quote author=incredibly stupid with bloused pants.  IMO.
[/quote]

I just bloused my pants lower...

St-Cyr, I have the Haix P9 deserts, these are shorter, and very very different. The haix are stiffer, taler, darker, and the eyelets are very different.

PMedMoe said:
Which will look incredibly stupid with bloused pants.  IMO.

Lots of people have been wearing SWATS, Magnums, etc of the same height, with bloused pants, for quite some time. Myself included.

I have never had anyone say that it looks stupid.

recceguy said:
Lots of people have been wearing SWATS, Magnums, etc of the same height, with bloused pants, for quite some time. Myself included.

IMHO I actually think it looks better with the pants worn bloused lower. Wearing the pants bloused super high takes me back to the old garrison dress which reminds me of the uniforms from Star Trek. I used to get shit constantly from the CSM in my reserve unit because he thought there was some dress reg in the CF that stated where and how your pants must be bloused in relation to your boots.

X_para76 said:
IMHO I actually think it looks better with the pants worn bloused lower. Wearing the pants bloused super high takes me back to the old garrison dress which reminds me of the uniforms from Star Trek. I used to get shit constantly from the CSM in my reserve unit because he thought there was some dress reg in the CF that stated where and how your pants must be bloused in relation to your boots.

I get the impression, from most of your posts, that everything about the CF, in your opinion, is shit.

You long for your halcyon days with the Brits.

I'm sure your opinion, and attitude, would be more welcome and appreciated over at ARRSE. ;)

markppcli said:
[quote author=incredibly stupid with bloused pants.  IMO.

I just bloused my pants lower...

St-Cyr, I have the Haix P9 deserts, these are shorter, and very very different. The haix are stiffer, taler, darker, and the eyelets are very different.

Rock on man. Is the suede closer in colour to desert tan boots or coyote brown? Can you get a picture of the other models your company is trialing for comparison?

THe light colour parts are spot on with between the too. I'd say hte tan is... paler I guess? The zip up boots with the CF Tri Service on them are a fair bit darker... much darker actually. I'll try and get a coupel pictures up next week. Interestingly, though no manufactuer is listed, I'm prettery convinced two of the boots are from the same company, the soles and insoles are exactly the same, as are the laces, eyelest, and the lacing system.

They're trialling zip-ups??? I don't trust any manufacturer enough to wear zippers, I definitely don't trust a manufacturer hired by DND to wear them.

Can't wait to see how many blown out zippers happen at the most crucial times...

markppcli said:
THe light colour parts are spot on with between the too. I'd say hte tan is... paler I guess? The zip up boots with the CF Tri Service on them are a fair bit darker... much darker actually. I'll try and get a coupel pictures up next week. Interestingly, though no manufactuer is listed, I'm prettery convinced two of the boots are from the same company, the soles and insoles are exactly the same, as are the laces, eyelest, and the lacing system.

There's a zip up model? Wow, I really hope those don't make it through the trials. Every time I saw a poor guy think he's all leet wearing zipper boots you'd spot him 4 days into a 10 day FTX trying to figure out a way to fasten shut a destroyed zipper.

Mr. St-Cyr said:
There's a zip up model? Wow, I really hope those don't make it through the trials. Every time I saw a poor guy think he's all leet wearing zipper boots you'd spot him 4 days into a 10 day FTX trying to figure out a way to fasten shut a destroyed zipper.

Second this,

If you're anything but a parking control officer or security guard doing minimal movement... Zippers are fine.

Start getting into Protective Services, Police, Military and you'll either be getting them repaired every 3-4 months or having to replace the boots entirely (repair sucks, boot doesn't fit the same causing friction).

That's just my experience though.

X_para76 said:
Just wear your pants bloused lower problem solved or do you prefer the Star Trek look?

Blousing.  I hate blousing.  I HAVE to blouse my pants all the time because it "looks more professional".  "Even in the field" say some units.  But the moment it starts to rain or gets cold I put on my wind pants and guess what, they don't get bloused. 

MP uniforms, not bloused.  Navy uniforms, not bloused. New ICU pants are not made to be bloused (I'm pretty sure judging by all the crap they've installed down there) but guess what, we're blousing them.

Anyhow, I definitely enjoy how the boots look like the Haix boots I had purchased for me in 2007.. THAT ARE STILL GOING STRONG and I wear them as civvy boots all the time. Hiking, camping, walking around town.  They are tough.

recceguy said:

I said IMO.  Just me I guess.  My CO wears his bloused at his ankles.  It looks retarded.  IMO

PMedMoe said:
I said IMO.  Just me I guess.  My CO wears his bloused at his ankles.  It looks retarded.  IMO

I agree. Looks very sloppy indeed. I use trouser blousers to fasten my pant legs around my ankles and wear them inside my boots, but I digress.

Are we seriously blousing the pants that have pockets on the bottom of them and aren't designed to be bloused?

The officer in my office uses the drawcord on his.  They don't hang down. They are "bloused".

Why are some assuming the pants are not meant to be bloused?  In the power point of the ICU/ECU from awhile ago it showed the dummy with pants bloused. I don't have the ECU pants, but from what I can tell in the pictures in the ppt, the leg pocket is high enough on the leg that it won't interfere with blousing. Isn't the shock cord in the cuffs there for blousing anyways(eg for the people who are anti boot band/trouser blouser). Also, blousing has been the standard for garrison wear for the CADPAT combats, OG Combats, etc.

On a personal note, I don't understand why the hate towards blousing(in garrison). IMO it does look better/professional in garrison and from what I can tell, is the standard for many nations(ranging from NATO to African Union).

If the velcro and shock cord at the cuff of the pants is annoying/useless and gets in the way(of anything, not just blousing), etc submit a UCR.

I'm glad to see the boots seem to be going in the direction, and the colour and boots being suede will make it very easy to find boots that match(eg coyote SWATs, Rocky, etc).

markppcli said:
the other has weird rubber mesh panels covering arid cadpat fabric and an arid patter tongue.
That is a little weird and a bit of a throw back to those terrible looking CADPAT boots.

markppcli said:
I'm prettery convinced two of the boots are from the same company, the soles and insoles are exactly the same, as are the laces, eyelest, and the lacing system.
I believe two of the boots are from Kodiak and the third is from LP Royer(?). At least according to the merx/buyandsell pages posted a couple pages back.

Bzzliteyr said:
Blousing.  I hate blousing.  I HAVE to blouse my pants all the time because it "looks more professional".  "Even in the field" say some units.  But the moment it starts to rain or gets cold I put on my wind pants and guess what, they don't get bloused. 

MP uniforms, not bloused.  Navy uniforms, not bloused. New ICU pants are not made to be bloused (I'm pretty sure judging by all the crap they've installed down there) but guess what, we're blousing them.

Anyhow, I definitely enjoy how the boots look like the Haix boots I had purchased for me in 2007.. THAT ARE STILL GOING STRONG and I wear them as civvy boots all the time. Hiking, camping, walking around town.  They are tough.

That rant was longer than the time taken to blouse your pants....  :crybaby: this is what I see when someone moans about blousing.

I don't really give a crap left or right. In garrison the standard is to blouse pants. So be it and I enforce it. Once I pass range control the boot bands are gone. Not due to time saving or comfort or anything it's just what I do.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Are we seriously blousing the pants that have pockets on the bottom of them and aren't designed to be bloused?

So the draw chords and velcro built in are just for nothing? I'm pretty sure it's pretty clear that it was added to negate the purpose of buying boot bands. They however created a shitty system and everyone still uses boot bands. The pockets are far enough above the ankle that if your pants fit right, the blousing won't effect them.

Blousing in Garrison is fine and you are right it does look professional, as soon as you are past range control though, the boot bands should come off and the pants should come down, their is a reason we have sand traps in our pants.

Back