• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

Once you complete your Police Foundations course you can apply through DMCA on line using DWAN for a CT into Reg F as an MP. They (DMCA in Ottawa) will review your CFAT score and if you are eligible without retesting you will be sent to a CFRC for a new in depth interview. If you are successful then the next step is attendance at Military Police Assessment  course (MPAC) which are held every couple of months. If successful at MPAC you will be given an offer. Best of Luck.    

Thanks, but could you please elaborate more on the Military Police Assessment course and what it is? obviously its to assess your elegibility and competence but things like how long is it? what will i be doing there? etc...

jerrythunder said:
Thanks, but could you please elaborate more on the Military Police Assessment course and what it is? obviously its to assess your elegibility and competence but things like how long is it? what will i be doing there? etc...

USE the search function and type in MPAC, try Military Police, try assessment center... USE some initiative.

Thanks Alot MedTech, those of us who do not spend all day on the site and are looking for very specific answers to specific questions sometimes feel the need to ask a few questions...

I found this in case anyone is having the same problem, it is a form describing exactally what MPAC is about...

http://www.cfsuo-usfco.forces.gc.ca/adm/pdp-pps/doc/mpacig-gicepm-eng.pdf

jerrythunder said:
Thanks Alot MedTech, those of us who do not spend all day on the site and are looking for very specific answers to specific questions sometimes feel the need to ask a few questions...

And sometimes those specific answers have been bashed to DEATH in many threads. I don't spend all day on this site, I'm actually quite busy and have a normal 9-5 like everyone else.

So when you, and everyone else that feels like their question is special pops up and asks something, it becomes rather bandwidth heavy to explain it ALL again. With the same people explaining it ALL again. So the same people that keeps explaining things get a little tired you see, so they just say use the SEARCH function. That's what it's for. But then those people who feel that their questions are special, gets all bent out of shape and argues why they need to SEARCH?

So ad nauseum it keeps going and going. OR they could just SEARCH, since YOUR question on MPAC has been asked over and over again, you would've found the answer or answers.

I was wondering how many people here were MPs and got hired on without a college diploma education? I ask because I know where I live the Peel Police and York region hire without it. They rationalize that they would rather sculpt you the way they want to and not the way a college curriculum does. I have been told by recruiters to get involved in the community and that this is what matters most.
I was wondering if this is the same in the forces. The website says that, “the minimum academic requirement is a community college diploma in Law and Security Administration, Police Foundations, or a similar program from a recognized Community College or CEGEP. Related employment experience will also be considered in determining education equivalency.” Is there any leniency at all to this rule? I am graduating this year from university and do not want to go back to college if I do not have to.

Short answer - Maybe. It would depend what your University degree is in. You can go to the CFRC and ask and they in turn will have to ask NDHQ.  There is an unconfirmed rumour that the college requirement may disappear. Go and talk to a recruiter.

CFR FCS

An idea you may want to consider is joining a Reserve MP unit and getting some training/experience through them.  Then, down the road - maybe looking at CT'ing over to the Regular Force.  Just an idea - and one you'd have to verify with an actual MP or thru CFRC.

About 6 months ago when I was in the initial application process I had MP listed as my 3rd choice. I was told by my recruiter (oshawa) that I did not meet the requirements and they would not even interview for the position. The did remove the choice from my file. My post-secondary education is in business and management.

I am no expert on the topic but that is the experience I had.

CFR FCS said:
Short answer - Maybe. It would depend what your University degree is in. You can go to the CFRC and ask and they in turn will have to ask NDHQ.  There is an unconfirmed rumour that the college requirement may disappear. Go and talk to a recruiter.

CFR FCS

I have also been briefed on it so it may be confirmed very soon. I will check into it this week and report back.

MP 811 said:
I heard it's  gone as of April 1st!

Interesting, very interesting.  I basically swore off MP as a CT option, cause while I did one year in a PF program, I left because I wasn't learning squat, and could not justify to myself spending another $2000+ just to have answers handed to me.

Which is the reason i want to avoid taking it. I looked at the curriculum and id say 2/3 of the classes are irrelevant. Lifestyle management, weight lifting, basic computing, and college English are not something I would like to waste money/time on after 5 years in university.

Yes.

One option is to go in as an MP Officer using your degree.

Another option would be too join the reserves and leapfrog from there.

Future Prodigy said:
Which is the reason i want to avoid taking it. I looked at the curriculum and id say 2/3 of the classes are irrelevant. Lifestyle management, weight lifting, basic computing, and college English are not something I would like to waste money/time on after 5 years in university.

All those courses, are actually pretty beneficial to police, lifestyle management gives you guidance on how to deal with the stress of shift work, work-life balance, imporantance of physical fitness and diet. Basic computing, good to know how to use one and the various programs, since they will be a part of your life as a cop.  English, well being able to string two sentences together, is probably a good thing, when writing reports, applying for warrants etc. 

What I was referring to were instructors with no background in teaching subjects like ethics/sociology etc, "teaching" those subjects.  Classes basically were watching cops, or listening about the time they dealt with transvestite hookers, and then handing out a "study guide", which ends up being the mid-term and final exam.  That is what I meant by wasting my time and money.

Hatchet Man said:
All those courses, are actually pretty beneficial to police, lifestyle management gives you guidance on how to deal with the stress of shift work, work-life balance, imporantance of physical fitness and diet. Basic computing, good to know how to use one and the various programs, since they will be a part of your life as a cop.  English, well being able to string two sentences together, is probably a good thing, when writing reports, applying for warrants etc. 

What I was referring to were instructors with no background in teaching subjects like ethics/sociology etc, "teaching" those subjects.  Classes basically were watching cops, or listening about the time they dealt with transvestite hookers, and then handing out a "study guide", which ends up being the mid-term and final exam.  That is what I meant by wasting my time and money.

I think for someone who had already spent 5 years in university, a 2 year PF course would be a waste of time no matter the content of the courses.

Maybe the university was the waste of time........content-wise, of course. ::)

torunisfun said:
I think for someone who had already spent 5 years in university, a 2 year PF course would be a waste of time no matter the content of the courses.

If said person had taken something along the lines of criminology, criminal justice, justice studies (noticing anything here), then yeah a PF diploma, would kinda be redundant.  Last time I checked, Kinesiology/English/Sciences/Drama etc, don't teach you things like criminal code, provinicial offences, police powers, traffic management, ergo, that time spent in uni means SFA in relation to a PF diploma.

I am not saying a PF diploma is completely without merit, as many agencies/organization, require you to have one as prerequisite (special constable, provinical offences officers, by-law) since they have neither the time nor money to teach you as indepth as say OPC, or Depot.  It all depends on the caliber of instruction, and where i went it was utter junk.

What I don't get is if the RCMP don't require anything other than High School why do MPs?  Yes, I know that having more would even make you more competitive for the RCMP but they are going to train you from scratch anyway.

Back