• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The need for tactical highly visible rank (From:Re-Royalization)

ObedientiaZelum said:
I'm not sure what an ascot is but if it stops someone from calling me by the wrong rank by accident then it's a vital piece of kit.

The ascot. It's around his neck.

Trust me. No one will be able to pull it off like Sir Michael while wearing an issue one ;)

Obviously these high visibility rank badges need an instruction booklet as well.

Was range staff in Kingston back in Sep and several high ranking officers had their high visibility slip ons attached.....

to their tac vests.

Sigh.

Thucydides said:
Obviously these high visibility rank badges need an instruction booklet as well.

Was range staff in Kingston back in Sep and several high ranking officers had their high visibility slip ons attached.....

to their tac vests.

Sigh.

Nothing screams insecurity more than having a shiny badge attached to a piece of kit you'll likely never wear for real just so people don't forget how important you are.

DAA said:
I just got mine yesterday.  Tonight, I am going to wait until it's dark.  Then hold them up close to a light bulb for a few minutes, then turn the light out to see if they "glow in the dark" like a wrist watch does!!!

Pics, please!

DAA said:
  Tonight, I am going to wait until it's dark. 

Privateer said:
Pics, please!

images

Danjanou said:
With ascots , for the love of the little baby jesus don't forget the ascots  8)

Still got mine. Figure to wear it some Remembrance Day with my green PPCLI Association Blazer.

Privateer said:
Amazing:  I'm looking at your pic with NVG's and I still don't see it.  ;D

OK, any pics in daylight?

:rofl:

ObedientiaZelum said:
I'm not sure what an ascot is but if it stops someone from calling me by the wrong rank by accident then it's a vital piece of kit.

Man do I feel old

AscotPPCLI.JPG

apparently everything is on the Internet now http://uotw.heavenforum.org/t496-ascots-of-the-canadian-military

recceguy said:
Bus driver uniforms? ;D

In the Coast guard, we looked exactly like bus driver, quite annoying to take public transit. Garrison dress was just coming in when I was leaving and replacing work dress. I thought it looked far better than the old work dress and was far more distinctive and met the purpose of making the military actually look like the military and not just another civil servant in a generic government issued clothing.

ArmyRick said:
I dread the thought of returning to expensive and not necessary work or garrison dress ideas.
STFU Rick.....the good idea Faeries are everywhere  ;)

Privateer said:
Amazing:  I'm looking at your pic with NVG's and I still don't see it.  ;D

OK, any pics in daylight?

Turn the IR on, you'll make out a blob that looks like light reflecting off a monitor.

The Comd RCAF was in town recently and had on some shiny new wings;  I thought maybe it was just 'because he is the Comd' or something but I've heard since that there will be 'new' flight/aircrew badges like the ones the CAS has on in the pic below for all of us.  They will be for wear 'day to day' with the subdued badges for 'operational theatre'.  I've also heard the same type thing will happen for Sqn, aircraft/type badges, etc.  ???

The pic below doesn't show them all that well but you can see they are definitely different than the standard ones.  Seeing them up close when he was in the Sqn briefing room, I'll keep the ones I have if I can.  It's not like they're hard to see as they are. 

As a taxpayer and serving mbr, I hope we stop spending money on this type of stuff when I see things "possible troop reductions for budget reasons" in the news.

Eye In The Sky said:
The Comd RCAF was in town recently and had on some shiny new wings;  I thought maybe it was just 'because he is the Comd' or something but I've heard since that there will be 'new' flight/aircrew badges like the ones the CAS has on in the pic below for all of us.  They will be for wear 'day to day' with the subdued badges for 'operational theatre'.  I've also heard the same type thing will happen for Sqn, aircraft/type badges, etc.  ???

The pic below doesn't show them all that well but you can see they are definitely different than the standard ones.  Seeing them up close when he was in the Sqn briefing room, I'll keep the ones I have if I can.  It's not like they're hard to see as they are. 

As a taxpayer and serving mbr, I hope we stop spending money on this type of stuff when I see things "possible troop reductions for budget reasons" in the news.

While normally I'd agree that unit/public funds would be best used elsewhere, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't isn't Sqn-related stuff paid out of pocket when you join?  I've paid for all my sqn badges, aircrew nametags, etc. so it's not like the Sqn/CF had anything to do with it.  From what I remember, full-colour v. green/tan badges even cost the same at the Kit Shop.

Then again, I may have just gotten stiffed every few years.  :mad:

*Edit:  Me no use grammar good.

It's about time we could see the wings on those two 'subdued' orange guys in the pic.  :nod:

Dimsum said:
While normally I'd agree that unit/public funds would be best used elsewhere, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't isn't Sqn-related stuff paid out of pocket when you join?  I've paid for all my sqn badges, aircrew nametags, etc. so it's not like the Sqn/CF had anything to do with it.  From what I remember, full-colour v. green/tan badges even cost the same at the Kit Shop.

Then again, I may have just gotten stiffed every few years.  :mad:

*Edit:  Me no use grammar good.

Ya, not sure if they are the issued one or purchased, not much info other than 'those are the new wings coming'.

Journeyman said:
It's about time we could see the wings on those two 'subdued' orange guys in the pic.  :nod:

Looks like one of them is listening so intently, he closed his eyes so his ears might work better.  Head tilted to allow max sound to reach ears.  Well done.

I am more concerned about the haircuts the officers are sporting. My God, they look like NCOs , grow some hair and look like officers Gentlemen.

Back