• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The need for tactical highly visible rank (From:Re-Royalization)

PrairieThunder said:
They're for Garrison use from what I was told. So you don't jacked up for not addressing/saluting until the last possible moment

Perhaps the best way to address this problem would be to stop wearing clothes that were designed for running through the bushes and jumping in the mud, unless you're running through the bushes and jumping in the mud. 

It boggles the mind to see soldiers wearing out the seats of the most expensive uniform in the inventory, sitting at a desk in an air-conditioned office.

Well, maybe we can come up with a dark green pants, tan shirt and stupid camo pattern jacket for wear in the garrisson that way we could save.......Wait a minute, we TRIED that. No thanks! Next idea?

ArmyRick said:
Well, maybe we can come up with a dark green pants, tan shirt and stupid camo pattern jacket for wear in the garrisson that way we could save.......Wait a minute, we TRIED that. No thanks! Next idea?

Bus driver uniforms? ;D

recceguy said:
Bus driver uniforms? ;D

recceguy you're a smart a..... wait, it's almost true.

How about dark green pants, light green short-sleeved shirt?  With a sweater for winter wear?  How would that work for office jobs?

With a choice of oxford shoes or boots and a black or a green tie. Also, a nice new Yukon hat, a winter jacket and warm boots for when it gets nippy out in the winter time!

dapaterson said:
How about dark green pants, light green short-sleeved shirt?  With a sweater for winter wear?  How would that work for office jobs?
I was issued that once, a very long time ago. The lagoon green shirt was lovely.

dapaterson said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSupdP3Ijw

George Wallace said:
This is one way the NCMs measure the worth of an officer.

I never had a problem spotting officers a mile away in Cadpat....

The goofy smile, trail of lost/broken kit, finger in nose and cloud of self-importance was always a dead giveaway!!!

Pusser said:
Perhaps the best way to address this problem would be to stop wearing clothes that were designed for running through the bushes and jumping in the mud, unless you're running through the bushes and jumping in the mud. 

It boggles the mind to see soldiers wearing out the seats of the most expensive uniform in the inventory, sitting at a desk in an air-conditioned office.

Then maybe we need a garrison dress......not gonna happen.

Then maybe we need a garrison dress......not gonna happen.

We already have a garrison dress it is called DEU. What ever happened to Office/HQ pers wearing them in the office. That is why they got a higher point allocation through Logistiks.
There is no requirement to re invent the wheel. In garrison, it is DEU and Coveralls and during training/operations it is CADPAT.

Grunt_031 said:
We already have a garrison dress it is called DEU. What ever happened to Office/HQ pers wearing them in the office. That is why they got a higher point allocation through Logistiks.
There is no requirement to re invent the wheel. In garrison, it is DEU and Coveralls and during training/operations it is CADPAT.

Only the pers who work in higher-HQs that are required to wear DEUs daily get higher Logistik points, not every pers in every HQ.  Some do not get higher points and that is why they do not wear them.

Grunt_031 said:

In some locations, that is the dress of the day for WO and above.  Sgt and below wear CADPAT for "normal" work days. 

Coveralls questions:

1.  What do you wear under them;

2.  What do you wear prior to putting them on, and after taking them off;

3.  What do you wear to the Mess hall for lunch;

4.  What do you wear if called up to a HQ; 

5.  What do you wear as accoutrements  (rank, belt, etc.);

6.  How do you wear them through the four seasons; and

7.  What Order of Dress will this become?

>:D

I wasn't really advocating the return of garrison dress.  There were a few epic fails on that one (the ridiculous DPM jacket being the best example).  And I certainly never advocated coveralls for regular wear (although probably a good choice for greasing engines).  In fact, I have no problem with wearing cadpat or NCD for dirty work.  My point is that working in an office is not dirty work and that there is no reason for personnel working there not to wear service dress (i.e. DEU).  If personnel do not have the appropriate point allocation to do this, then adjust the allocation accordingly - this is still likely cheaper than replacing cadpat that is wearing out sooner than it should.

This idea that folks working in "operational" headquarters need to wear "operational" clothing in order to create and maintain an "operational" mindset is complete nonsense.  Wearing a cape and mask won't make me Batman anymore than not wearing it won't.

Towards_the_gap said:
I never had a problem spotting officers a mile away in Cadpat....

The goofy smile, trail of lost/broken kit, finger in nose and cloud of self-importance was always a dead giveaway!!!
An attitude like this says much more about your professionalism as an NCM than it does about Officers needing to be recognized for saluting purposes. 

This is not rocket science.

These are not worn as a order of dress but for maintanace, other dirty work, some training.

Coveralls questions:

1.  What do you wear under them; issue underwear and t-shirt, long under wear winter.
2.  What do you wear prior to putting them on, and after taking them off; Your DEU's or CADPAT or PT Gear, Dress of the Day
3.  What do you wear to the Mess hall for lunch; Dress of the Day
4.  What do you wear if called up to a HQ;  Dress of the Day
5.  What do you wear as accoutrements  (rank, belt, etc.); Nothing they are coveralls and worn in the unit.
6.  How do you wear them through the four seasons; and Like any other form of clothing.
7.  What Order of Dress will this become? I am sure some Staff Officer or DSM would drool over this opportunity!

Grunt_031 said:
This is not rocket science.

These are not worn as a order of dress but for maintanace, other dirty work, some training.

Coveralls questions:

1.  What do you wear under them; issue underwear and t-shirt, long under wear winter.
2.  What do you wear prior to putting them on, and after taking them off; Your DEU's or CADPAT or PT Gear, Dress of the Day
3.  What do you wear to the Mess hall for lunch; Dress of the Day
4.  What do you wear if called up to a HQ;  Dress of the Day
5.  What do you wear as accoutrements  (rank, belt, etc.); Nothing they are coveralls and worn in the unit.
6.  How do you wear them through the four seasons; and Like any other form of clothing.
7.  What Order of Dress will this become? I am sure some Staff Officer or DSM would drool over this opportunity!
Back in the day, once I was issued my kit, whenever I had to wear coveralls, I had to wear more than issue underwear under them.  They are meant as a cover for clothing and not clothing in itself.  You should be able to slip in and out of coveralls, as required, without having to hit a changeroom first.

Is highly visible rank really that much of an issue?

After we tackle this important problem I'd like pants without holes in them- maybe even pants that match my shirt.

Back