• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this have to be so delayed again this year. I owe UVIC 200 dollars by June and I'm not really keen to pay it just to get a rejection message from this program.

Par for the course.

I didnt get my acceptance a few years ago until the first week of june.
Talk to the university. They may be able to accomidate you.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

misratah500 said:
Why does this have to be so delayed again this year. I owe UVIC 200 dollars by June and I'm not really keen to pay it just to get a rejection message from this program.

I am a UVIC student. You do not have to pay 200 by June 1st. Yes, I know that is what they say... here is the truth:

Registration will open up in late June for classes. Without paying the 200 you can not register for courses. As long as you pay before registration opens, you are good. Even if you wait till let's say august, you can still register but many classes will be full already...

With luck the 3 of us can sit in the Student Union building having a beer enjoying the fact that we are being paid to be there in September.

That would be nice but I chose hard mode for this as going only Sea LogO. My TSD and Interview were both excellent and I near maximized my points but my CFAT is only "average" for officer candidate. So i may need a rewrite for next year. If I put in MARS, my likelihood of going to UVIC this fall would be almost a sure thing I bet.

Is MARS not as competitive? I only put in for MARS but through SCP. Only scored average as well.

Nothing yet. I think UTPNCM and SCP messages come out at the same time.

Good, because a fellow SCP applicant (he is PO1) has heard he received his acceptance but just by word of mouth.

No it was for LOG. I think you have a pretty good chance for MARS, they tend to take higher numbers (knowledge of previous years and the trend of retention for the profession).

How are some people getting "unofficial" offers? BPSO or BOR giving them advance notice?

kreuot said:
How are some people getting "unofficial" offers? BPSO or BOR giving them advance notice?

Networking; a great skill to have as an officer!

misratah500 said:
That would be nice but I chose hard mode for this as going only Sea LogO. My TSD and Interview were both excellent and I near maximized my points but my CFAT is only "average" for officer candidate. So i may need a rewrite for next year. If I put in MARS, my likelihood of going to UVIC this fall would be almost a sure thing I bet.

I am going sea Log as well.. I have been going to school since September with a deal I made with CoC... I am just finishing up my second year now. Hopefully, UTPNCM will give me another 4 years!

Hello everyone,

I am a long time lurker, but I thought now is a good time to join the conversation. I noticed there are a few of you hpoing to go to UVIC, and I am also hoping to go there. I just paid my $200 registration deposit; I should have checked here first! I suppose it is just one more reason to feel good about receiving an offer.
One of my colleages just received his offical VOT message today, so I think we may see some offical UTP mesages arriving shortly.
It has been a long hard wait, and hopefully we all hear good news soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back