• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here apply for UTPNCM MARs this year. I know there are two of us on the west coast. Just trying to get an idea of the competition. Considering last year was 1 and the year before was 5 spots it could mean we're all good, or its a crap shoot.

A couple years ago I spoke to a PSO major about intake numbers and he told me that they aren’t worth looking at.

He told me that the numbers per trade per intake program (ie Mars spots for utp or scp etc) were not ´concrete’. He explained that the numbers could be adjusted for a variety of reasons. His example was that they might ´steal’ a spot from utp to make another scp spot if they thought it would be beneficial to do so.

So I wouldn’t worry about the numbers.

He told me the most important factor is CFAT score 

I will second the CFAT score....it is the most important part...worth the most points. A rewrite was the difference between just meeting the requirement and to actually getting selected for me.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I will second the CFAT score....it is the most important part...worth the most points. A rewrite was the difference between just meeting the requirement and to actually getting selected for me.

sidemount said:

Can you tell us from what score to what score you went? I re-wrote mine as well this year.
Thanks !

I went from the 65th percentile to the 93rd percentile.

I dont recall the raw score. My gains were in the problem solving though as my score in language stayed the same and spatial went up a small bit.

sidemount said:
I went from the 65th percentile to the 93rd percentile.

I dont recall the raw score. My gains were in the problem solving though as my score in language stayed the same and spatial went up a small bit.

Thank you for your input.  I just went to 93 percentile as well and the PSO said it is looking very good for this year

jofafa said:
Thank you for your input.  I just went to 93 percentile as well and the PSO said it is looking very good for this year
Almost the exact words the PSO told me, and I received an offer that year.

Best of luck!
Now the fun waiting game haha

sidemount said:
Almost the exact words the PSO told me, and I received an offer that year.

Best of luck!
Now the fun waiting game haha

Thank you! Last year was a long wait, but i didn't know what i scored. At least this year i know i have a very good chance so the waiting game will be a bit better!

Wondering with SCP how many times people applied before being accepted? It’s my first year this year and at my rank level I have little leadership (military side) experiences. And just an “average” file. After PSO interview I’m definitely not feeling the warm and fuzzies on my chances of getting it.
Also wondered if anyone knows whether the element you select has any bearing? I know Army LOG is hurting really bad, would they be more inclined to select someone based on them choosing land? Or does element not matter?

Way too early to expect an offer yet.

Mid April, and May seems to be when they start each year.

The waiting game sucks but you are going to have to wait a bit longer.  ;)

Oh Dude, the last two years people were getting offers as late as end of June. Offers are supposed to start in April but that hasn't been the case since 2015. So I expected May/June/July for offers, really fucks people that need cost moves over.

misratah500 said:
Oh Dude, the last two years people were getting offers as late as end of June. Offers are supposed to start in April but that hasn't been the case since 2015. So I expected May/June/July for offers, really fucks people that need cost moves over.
Aint that the truth.
I had my offer on the 2nd of june. Posting message mid june with a COS of mid july. I had to push my COS back the 30 days just to be able to fit the move in.
It was very hectic.

So what do you think are the Vegas odds of offers actually coming out in April this year like they're supposed too?

misratah500 said:
So what do you think are the Vegas odds of offers actually coming out in April this year like they're supposed too?
I think the odds are better of hell freezing over

misratah500 said:
Oh Dude, the last two years people were getting offers as late as end of June. Offers are supposed to start in April but that hasn't been the case since 2015. So I expected May/June/July for offers, really ****s people that need cost moves over.

Offers started coming out in April of 2016.

It’s your choice to accept the offer. If your main concern is a cost move then just reject the offer and stay a NCM.

So my buddy who kept this real quiet, just got his CFR offer for NCS Eng today. Sooooo maybe the offers are gonna come out on time this year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back