• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Why do you and so many others think he had to be coerced out? Biden seems like he genuinely wants what's best for the country. Trump=bad for the country. Ergo, if Biden can't beat em, stepping away for someone who can seems like the patriotic thing to do. Or does the idea of selflessness not register within Trump supporters?
Because he resisted stepping aside for so long, and his reactions ranged from irritation to anger when people proposed he step aside.

It's possible he had a change of heart for the "good of the country", but it's probable he was threatened with something unpleasant.

I’m still confused why GOP supporters are crying foul over Biden dropping out.
Why does anyone react irrationally when they think a sure thing has been denied them?
Why couldn’t the GOP take the win and then focus on Harris?
Some are, just as some are having a hard time letting go of Biden.
Having the narrative that the Dems are attacking each other (they’re not - Biden dropping out has been a rally for the Dems) takes time and space from attacking her policies.
The attacks stopped once Biden stepped aside. Prior to that, the airing of laundry was ugly. They'll get one more polling "bounce" when Trump is sentenced. If things slide after that, wait and see if the "shoulda kept Biden" or "shoulda had an open convention" factions air more laundry. Surely it's obvious that some of the enthusiasm is forced?

And the Republicans are still papering things over.

I never cease being amazed at how delusional they are about Trump - particularly when they had some decent options.

I'm wondering what event will finally be "too egregious for the amount of whitewashing" of Trump's glaring inadequacies so that they'll be "forced into 'changing course'."
Trump's history is an open book; realistically almost no flaw goes un-investigated or unreported. Republicans had an open primary; Trump was chosen by primary voters. Nothing to be papered over.

I doubt it will happen when Trump finally says the N-word in public, but we're getting closer to finding out every day:

You have to be kidding or mixing it up with Biden.

Look at Trump’s history with the black community and then look at Biden’s. (Hint: even Harris called Biden a racist). These are easy things to follow up on, otherwise you're voluntarily maintaining a state of propaganda victimhood.

It’s never a surprise just how uninformed some of the anti-trump crowd is.

Look at Trump’s history with the black community and then look at Biden’s. (Hint: even Harris called Biden a racist). These are easy things to follow up on, otherwise you're voluntarily maintaining a state of propaganda victimhood.

It feels like every time you make a US politics-related post you think the rest of the forum are imbeciles who don't follow current or historical events.

I comfortably maintain that Donald Trump is a racist, and the only thing he has going for him right now in this area is that his mashed potato brain is so prone to non-sensical word salad that he gets unlimited benefit of the doubt from the MAGAs who prefer to pretend he isn't a racist.

Since we're only talking about racism against blacks, here's some highlights:

Housing discrimination cases​

Housing discrimination cases

In 1973, the U.S. Department of Justice sued Trump Management, Donald Trump and his father Fred, for discrimination against African Americans in their renting practices.[3][35]

Testers from the New York City Human Rights Division had found that prospective black renters at Trump buildings were told there were no apartments available, while prospective White renters were offered apartments at the same buildings.[36] During the investigation, four of Trump's agents admitted to using a "C" (for "colored") or "9" code to label Black applicants and stated that they were told their company "discouraged rental to blacks" or that they were "not allowed to rent to black tenants," and that prospective Black renters should be sent to the central office while White renters could have their applications accepted on site. Three doormen testified to being told to discourage prospective Black renters by lying about the rental prices or claiming no vacancies were available.[37][38] A settlement was reached in 1975 where Trump agreed to familiarize himself with the Fair Housing Act, take out ads stating that Black renters were welcome, give a list of vacancies to the Urban League on a weekly basis, and allow the Urban League to present qualified candidates for 20% of vacancies in properties that were less than 10% non-White.[36][39]

In his 1991 book Trumped! John O'Donnell quoted Trump as allegedly saying:

I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I've got to tell you something else. I think that the guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.

Trump told Playboy magazine in an interview published in 1997, "The stuff O'Donnell wrote about me is probably true."[56] Two years later, when seeking the nomination of the Reform Party for president, Trump denied having made the statement.[55]

You’re talking about the same guy who took out a full page ad calling for the death penalty for 5 Black and Latino teenagers, and maintained that stance after they were exonerated, right?

I’ll add that those of us refuting your arguments are posting the receipts.

Back